• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
My bros are calling it a night so I'm going solo for a bit. But I can't figure out how to trigger synergy attacks solo. Does the AI automatically trigger their half of the attack? Is there something I need to do to get the other character to do their half?

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I just noticed something - inside the case there's the portraits of 35 playable characters, but where's number 36? On the cartridge.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
My bros are calling it a night so I'm going solo for a bit. But I can't figure out how to trigger synergy attacks solo. Does the AI automatically trigger their half of the attack? Is there something I need to do to get the other character to do their half?

Synergy attacks are Right Trigger + button when solo.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbf that seemed to be more through mismanagement than anything else.
Absolutely. They pulled the game out of a tailspin after the official launch and slowly made it great, but the last year or two, it was one baffling decision after another, culminating in all but abandoning the PC version while they worked on the console ports in a hail mary effort to save it.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well done for the night, finished the first level and a half, quite enjoying this. It's definitely got more depth than the old MUA games, but not so much that it's not recognizeable as the same dna.

EVA-02

Alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Is there a couch co-op?

My first MUA game and i honestly have no clue what the actual game is about, so excited to play it later tonight tho!

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018
Anyone figure out what the mastery stat does? Also wondering if energy simply increases how much you have or whether it powers special moves as well. Doin a mix of energy and strength right now to play it safe for my lab build.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna skip this, but too many people are calling this game "like Gauntlet".
10 more minutes to finish downloading.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fun game so far, but the camera is complete trash. Gets caught up near continually in tight spaces, doesn't allow you to zoom in or out when the action's too frantic to see what the fuck's going on. It seems to work better if you actively don't touch the right stick, but I often feel the need for a degree of camera control that just isn't available.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone figure out what the mastery stat does? Also wondering if energy simply increases how much you have or whether it powers special moves as well. Doin a mix of energy and strength right now to play it safe for my lab build.

Go to menu, there is Tips section explainig all mechanics, atributes, etc.

Micknick

Nov 1, 2017
So from what I can tell, abilities can only synergise with other abilities of a certain type. Is there a way on the team selection screen to see at a glance what moves will synergise before selecting them? I ended up picking a team of characters I like but they ended up being useless together

Jun 1, 2018
Do the characters still have a little saying when they level up? My favorite thing from the previous games was Wolverine saying "Now I'm even better at doing what I do," only to hear Deadpool drop the "Now I'm even better at doing whatever it is that Wolverine does".

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Fun game so far, but the camera is complete trash. Gets caught up near continually in tight spaces, doesn't allow you to zoom in or out when the action's too frantic to see what the fuck's going on. It seems to work better if you actively don't touch the right stick, but I often feel the need for a degree of camera control that just isn't available.

Yep, that's my only complaint so far besides the general spotty performance (which does not bother me personally).
The camera is really funky at times.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017

Giving the character pack a name like that does make it sound like there'll be story content too.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Once again, how do I switch to Deadpools secondary costume?
Go to your team on one of the glowing points, only works there, click on Deadpool, press X.

I wish you could use the costume without the chef hat and pinny. How can you create the only real second attire of the game and then hide half of it. 🙄

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
As a Nintendo-published title, it's pretty unlikely it'll get a complete version unless the game gets ported to another system (like how Hyrule Warriors and other games have received "complete edition" releases on Switch). But we might get a sale later that brings the total down to $60.

I got screwed with hyrule warriors when not all content came to Wiiu. So yeah... I'll wait

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Just reached chapter 6 and having a blast with the game. I'm surprised that it's challenging sometime, but I like that. Rocking a full female team and love Scarlet Witch as my main so far. The roster is so good in general. And I'm very surprised by the customization stuff. Gonna dive into the challenges later today.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loving it so far, just got up to where the Avengers are introduced, going to take a break and wait for my brothers and plowing through co-op mode

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Portable is rough visually at times as has been said and I knew going in. I also guessed it wouldn't diminish my enjoyment of the game, which is hasn't. It's god damn awesome. My first UA and I'm just having a blast trashing shit with some of my favourite characters.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
This game is nicely written. A few of the title cards introducing characters have made me laugh and some of the incidental dialogue is great. The only let down is the fact that Jessica Jone's voice actor doesn't get across her sarcasm very well.

WallSniper

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Blocking and rolling is actually really useful against the bruisers. Wasn't really expecting that, but they chewed through my hp as Thor in the first fight with them.

Does anyone know if there is a site that shows everyone's abilities? I want to like Iron Man, but don't like unibeam at all right now

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Having a decent time so far.
I said it before but the visual style works really well. It was the right approach.

The combat has more depth than before but it's kind of a mess. You don't stick enough to the enemies you're fighting and too often end up mashing at nothing. The abilities don't always feel great either. They really messed up Wolvie. You don't get enough feedback from his attacks, he's not nearly as fun as he used to be in previous games. The enemy break system is also a bit annoying. Again, not enough feedback.

And I haven't been that frustrated by a camera since the 90s.

I do enjoy the presentation and all the different challenges though. Seems like there's a lot to this game. I'd like to see some QoL patches if possible though.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pardon me for asking the dumbest question in the thread, but does the history and "lore" of the larger Marvel Universe easy to digest in this? The most I know about it were the Fox Kids cartoon shows and playing the PS2 Punisher game. I know this apparently takes ideas from all over the Marvel brand, but I guess I'm asking if there's any depth like an in-game encyclopedia to help make some of the stuff meatier than "oh that's a lady in tights" and calling it that.

Asking because my brother is a big Marvel fan, and I'm curious to see if we can co-op. It supports some form of local play, yes?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pardon me for asking the dumbest question in the thread, but does the history and "lore" of the larger Marvel Universe easy to digest in this? The most I know about it were the Fox Kids cartoon shows and playing the PS2 Punisher game. I know this apparently takes ideas from all over the Marvel brand, but I guess I'm asking if there's any depth like an in-game encyclopedia to help make some of the stuff meatier than "oh that's a lady in tights" and calling it that.

Asking because my brother is a big Marvel fan, and I'm curious to see if we can co-op. It supports some form of local play, yes?
Nah. You only need to know as much as the game tells you. Very beginner-friendly.

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018

I don't think the game requires you to know much. Characters are introduced with title cards.
Imagine playing Lego Star Wars having never seen Star Wars. Some narrative will be lost on you but the second to second action is easy enough to follow.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the game requires you to know much. Characters are introduced with title cards.
Imagine playing Lego Star Wars having never seen Star Wars. Some narrative will be lost on you but the second to second action is easy enough to follow.

Even less than that, because Lego Star Wars is generally still trying to follow the movie's plots, even if loosely. MUA3 meanwhile is an original story sampling from a wide list of sources, in particular the Infinity War movie and Jonathan Hickman's Avengers run. All you need is a vague general awareness of who the characters are, and even that's pretty loose with the likes of the Inhumans, Elsa Bloodstone, and Morbius, among others.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I hate that that just used MCU soundalikes

This game just makes me miss Marvel Heroes
Actually, a good chunk of the voice actors are role reprisals from Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (for Cap, Tony, Thor, Hulk, T'Challa, & more), Wolverine & the X-Men (with the exception of Cyclops, Storm, Colossus, & Psylocke), Avengers Assemble (for the likes of Black Widow, Falcon, Ultron, Vision, Ms. Marvel, & a few others), & Spider-Man PS4 (Peter, Miles, & Doc Ock). Funny enough, Rocket & Luke Cage's VAs are pulled straight from Marvel Heroes.