• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
This is a game I'm weirdly excited for. I got some reservations given that Koei Tecmo is been getting worse in terms of quality in my opinion, but I'm watching as a fan of Marvel and the Alliance series.

Feb 15, 2019
Venom's right there tho.

You could at the very least argue that Venom is an anti-hero too. Probably depending on what comic or game.

I mean we got Venom at least. Plus the rare villain in the past were difficult unlockables or post launch dlc

Yeah, IIRC Magneto and some others were dlc in MUA 2. It's better than nothing at least but I was hoping for a bit of story relevance, like in X-Men Rise of Apocalypse.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Is that the full roster on the cover or we haven't gotten roster info past the trailer yet?
Multiple known characters are not on the cover(about 5) and we need a fourth defender at the least so no. Plus with all we know there's only 27 and they promised over 30 at launch and dozens so odds are we could get in the range of 36 plus. Although even with only revealed characters it's the largest launch mua roster yet

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Multiple known characters are not on the cover(about 5) and we need a fourth defender at the least so no. Plus with all we know there's only 27 and they promised over 30 at launch and dozens so odds are we could get in the range of 36 plus. Although even with only revealed characters it's the largest launch mua roster yet
Nice nice. Thanks. Big fan of MUA series so paying close attention to this one.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I'm weird to the point where if
cyclops-scott-summers-marvel-vs-capcom-2-new-age-of-heroes-1.67.jpg
isn't included then i'm not gonna get the game at all, even if i actually want it.

Edit: Rereading post i realize people in this thread want the same thing i want... Hes the Xmen. Marvel wont leave him out, right?

Last edited:

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of odd that they announced the release date but didn't include any new gameplay with it.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's a super long shot but I haven't given up hope for my man Doom. He was involved in the infinity gauntlet arc in the comics, he's the one person on earth thanos actually fears and keeps track of. Plus.. He's Doom. I know it's unlikely, and I'm buying day 1 either way. But the hope is there none the less.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I'm weird to the point where if
cyclops-scott-summers-marvel-vs-capcom-2-new-age-of-heroes-1.67.jpg
isn't included then i'm not gonna get the game at all, even if i actually want it.

Edit: Rereading post i realize people in this thread want the same thing i want... Hes the Xmen. Marvel wont leave him out, right?

I hope not. I was mad when they left him out of mua2 on ps3.
I know it's a super long shot but I haven't given up hope for my man Doom. He was involved in the infinity gauntlet arc in the comics, he's the one person on earth thanos actually fears and keeps track of. Plus.. He's Doom. I know it's unlikely, and I'm buying day 1 either way. But the hope is there none the less.
I'd pay for Doom dlc if he's not in the base game.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
No neither have series vets Ghost Rider or Punisher. I'd say out of those three Ghost Rider has best odds but don't rule anyone yet

I really hope for Blade, whatever the circumstances may be, for three reasons.

1) It'd be nice to have all of Marvel's "black movie stars", old and new, assembled in one game.
2) If I recall correctly, one of the biggest reasons Blade got denied a spot in a modern Marvel vs. game was because of his similarities with Dante. That certainly wouldn't be a problem here, and would be one less reason to deny him entry.
3) Assuming Ghost Rider [Blaze] gets in, too, and at the least, Spider-man can get a swap to Scarlet Spider? They, along with Iron Fist and Blade, would be four of the Midnight Sons, and we'd get ourselves another team rep'd in a game like this.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
This post-Fox/Disney merger lineup is making this game look hype af.

It's like an all Marvel media crossover of ITSV Miles and Gwen, Spider-Man, Venom, Netflix Daredevil, Fox X-Men, Deadpool, and then MCU Avengers + Guardians and more.

If they really good all out with the roster just due to them opening up the door to characters like X-Men that seemed previously off-limits, this could be a lot of fun just from the novelty. At least I hope it's not as grindy and repetitive as the recent mobile/free-to-play games Marvel has made in order to unlock everyone. I never played MUA 1 or 2, but I did like the X-Men Legends games back in the day a lot.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Also I'll say this: Marvel, Nintendo and team ninja all know we want the fantastic four, Doom and Silver Surfer and if they truly aren't in the base game they are likely slotted up to be the first post launch material. There's no need to worry, they are popular characters and series vets and them being dlc opened up slots for the base games for characters who'd be less likely to be dlc. So we'll see them soon enough

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I hope not. I was mad when they left him out of mua2 on ps3.

I'd pay for Doom dlc if he's not in the base game.

me too 100%. I would be "THAT" guy who would buy the DLC regardless of business practice or if it was shady. Need to buy 100 worth of MT's to unlock him? For Doom I'm in. But I'm an extreme case, I have 100 Doom comics hanging on my walls as I type this.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those games where I actually want and hope for a season pass. I just want more and more characters.

The most likely of the characters I want is Iceman. He's an original member and represents a unique element, so he has a good chance of being added, right? My dream (that won't happen until he's introduced to the MCU, if ever) would be Wiccan.

Thankfully, Storm is already confirmed.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I hate how marvel games are all defined by the movies. What I liked about the old games was all the different characters that showed up

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Fire Emblem Warriors was great as well though. Nintendo will steer them right IMO.
Pokémon Conquest was good too as have been their Fatal Frame games. And FE Three Houses looks great. All Nintendo & Koei Tecmo's collabs so far have a pretty decent track record except for Other M and Spirit Camera.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Conquest was good too as have been their Fatal Frame games. And FE Three Houses looks great. All Nintendo & Koei Tecmo's collabs so far have a pretty decent track record except for Other M and Spirit Camera.

People hated Spirit Camera but its exactly the type of "experience" people rave about with VR./hot take

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
What's everyone's main roster choices?

I'll be going with Daredevil, Star Lord, and Venom... just need to think of a fourth.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
FYI they all use their main comic designs and that's where the variations come from. Some are similar to the movies others aren't. Like Thor keeping his helmet on

Also rewatching that trailer for the first time in a month I realized the supers combo scene gave us out first look at the in game ui
dnbPove.jpg

Each character being controlled has a circle in their color and glows when super is charged(unselected characters in 1-3 players are gray). Blue meter is likely special charge and red is heath. Also minimap
I feel a lot of people somehow missed that trailer or blacked out or something. I definitely did not remember anything from it when I rewatched it yesterday after it was pointed out that came in the Feb Direct lol. Especially funny since that shows off a bunch of characters not in the cover art where people said "I hope that's not everyone" :)

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Other M was an excellent game as well, its troubles lie in the narrative and some dissonances between that and gameplay conceits. The actual game game (gameplay) was top notch. There's no real reason to be worried about this game except for the general dev switch to someone entirely different.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
New website opened with pre-orders for NA (not sure if new but i haven't seen it before)

https://marvelultimatealliance3.nintendo.com

Yeah, but the last few Warriors titles, All Stars, 9, Orochi 4, DoA6, ect have been sub par imo especially in how they run. That's what I'm most worried about.

Afaik Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors are the only musou games they've worked on.

What's everyone's main roster choices?

I'll be going with Daredevil, Star Lord, and Venom... just need to think of a fourth.

Daredevil (RIP Netflix show) and Venom for me as well, maybe Dr. Strange or Wolverine (finally he's back) and and i'm curious to try Falcon.

Last edited: