• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
He could always be in the same way he was in the original: as a costume!

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Jessica Jones isn't happening! She is the most vanilla of all marvel super strength female brawlers, and in the comics never gets involved in major combat or teams, although sometimes does intelligence gathering. The game has a heavy comic influence despite what people think and there are any number of other street level/mystic defenders that could take her place. Heck series vet Elektra is more likely and she's rarely a team player. I think Hellcat would be a fun choice, slash attacks and some mystic moves and it's provide a nice visual mixup. If you don't mind a male member and want something with more variety Black Knight would be a solid choice giving the team a tech based zoned with sword short range attacks

Jessica Jones was a supporting character in the Avengers and then an active member in the heroic age year, before Bendis wrapped up. She was in the Defenders for the last run. She was there for multiple events.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see Spider-Gwen, Squirrel Girl, Kamala, Cyke, X-23, and Silver Surfer.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Whoops, my bad. However, you are incorrect about Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider having no unique powers.
Since losing her powers and bonding with the Earth-65 Venom symbiote she has gained some new powers. Powers
Miles is also currently in the main Marvel Universe and has a few powers that are different from Peter's so I don't see a reason not to include him. Last year his mainstream exposure had to be at an all time high with the PS4 game and the movie as well.
Both of those are som
Ah, a thread for me

Defenders:
- Luke cage, daredevil, Jessica Jones probably or maybe punisher

X-men:
- cyclops & ice man

They did add villains via dlc to the first game. I'm sure we'll get character packs with this game. So i'd expect magneto, doom etc to join someone like Venom
I said it before but there are some comic defenders that'd replace Jessica Jones better than Punisher(
Jessica Jones was a supporting character in the Avengers and then an active member in the heroic age year, before Bendis wrapped up. She was in the Defenders for the last run. She was there for multiple events.
shrug I just think in a game like this she's unlikely because she's a boring choice with no unique traits on a team that already has three brawlers that have unique sticks(energy fists, billy club/acrobatics, super tough skin and usually chains) and doesn't even have an unique look. She's not impossible but I'd think they'd go with a character with some sort of projectile ability to wrap things out. But hey time will tell and you never know, but leading with Iron Fist and not Daredevil when hand ninjas are already revealed points to it not nessecarily being the Netflix lineup especially since they didn't show the entire team.

While Marvel does have say remember it is Koei Tecmo making the game here.

Also remember the roster was likely set in stone over a year ago. Which means any powers and inspirations from the comics have to be from 1.5 years ago or nire

Kinda interested to see how reveals will continue rolling out. We got 15 officially at reveal and 4 more in the second trailer, we're at slightly less than 2/3 of the roster(or even less depending on how far beyond 30 we go) we have 5 slots for sure to fill that have limited character potential (Defenders and X-Men) but then we have anywhere from 6 to 15 beyond that. I'd imagine we'd get at least one more team. Well time will tell

Oct 27, 2017
Ant-Man seems like a lock, but I really want to see the Wasp show up.

On another note, Punisher seems like another character that would be easy to slot in, likely on the Defenders.

I'd also love to see Quake as mentioned, or any other SHIELD characters, really. How about Bobbi Morse/Mockingbird or Phil Coulson?

And if I can wish aloud: I want Agent Venom in this somehow. As an individual character, as a skin, or whatever.

X-23 also needs to happen!

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
My (Street Level) Defenders line up would be:

Iron Fist
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Punisher
And/or Misty Knight

As said previously, I'm open to Jessica too.

My Agents of SHIELD line up would be:

Nick Fury
Quake
Mockingbird
Deathlok
And/or Phil Coulson

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
God, I hope the Young Avengers are in it, or at least Wiccan, Hulkling, and America. Yeah, yeah, I'm biased and want my gays, but they've been in the Lego games, and Wiccan made it into Marvel Heroes before it shut down, too...

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Whoops, my bad. However, you are incorrect about Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider having no unique powers.
Since losing her powers and bonding with the Earth-65 Venom symbiote she has gained some new powers. Powers
Miles is also currently in the main Marvel Universe and has a few powers that are different from Peter's so I don't see a reason not to include him. Last year his mainstream exposure had to be at an all time high with the PS4 game and the movie as well.
Every time I turn around, they're doing something different with Gwen.

Spider-Gwen
Gwenpool(????)
And now Gwenom(????????????)

eggs_

Jan 10, 2018
Really hoping to see Miles, Ms Marvel, Gwenpool and a good Squirrel Girl flavored God Mode

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Is he actually confirmed playable?

Subbed so fast!
Hoping that Miles/Gwen/Peni/SP//DR/Noir Spider-Man find their way into the roster whether it be in the base game or DLC
And just found this on Twitter, don't know if this is official or not, saw a portion of this pic with Wolverine on Nintendo Insider
DzW5ZBtUcAAXP_S.jpg:large
Here's the MvCI promo art for reference.

marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-poster.jpg
Wow. I complained a bit about the artstyle the first time I saw MUA3, but once compared to MvCI? Such a clean, well defined artstyle.

Dang, Infinite was ugly as sin.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Is he actually confirmed playable?

Wow. I complained a bit about the artstyle the first time I saw MUA3, but once compared to MvCI? Such a clean, well defined artstyle.

Dang, Infinite was ugly as sin.
He was playable in previous games and he's in the middle of the playable characters spread so it's extremely likely. Possible he could be a late game unlockable though

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Whether they've been announced or not, I don't know, but these are the ones I absolutely want in:
1) Wolverine
2) Captain America
3) War Machine
4) Cable
5) Daredevil
6) Nova
7) Marvel Boy
8) Iron Fist
9) Luke Cage
10) Hulkling

Along with that, I really hope they do plenty of costumes per character, because that's half the fun of playing a superhero game.

Been a long time since I played the game, but didn't they give you bonuses for forming themed teams. I am pretty shure one of them were the Marvel Knights

Yep, both the first and second game did that. There were a lot of really cool hidden teams in MUA2 depending on your team setup.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Whether they've been announced or not, I don't know, but these are the ones I absolutely want in:
1) Wolverine
2) Captain America
3) War Machine
4) Cable
5) Daredevil
6) Nova
7) Marvel Boy

Along with that, I really hope they do plenty of costumes per character, because that's half the fun of playing a superhero game.
WHich Marvel Boy? Cockroach boy or Agent of Atlas?

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Out of all the unconfirmed characters, which one do you think is the most likely? Besides Deadpool, I'm sure he's in no matter what.

If I had to bet, I'd say Daredevil, followed by another X-Men member (all bets are off, but I'm hoping for Nightcrawler), then Strange/Ghost Rider/someone from the mystic side of things.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Out of all the unconfirmed characters, which one do you think is the most likely? Besides Deadpool, I'm sure he's in no matter what.

If I had to bet, I'd say Daredevil, followed by another X-Men member (all bets are off, but I'm hoping for Nightcrawler), then Strange/Ghost Rider/someone from the mystic side of things.

Jessica Jones ;)

Daredevil and Ms Marvel are safe bets as well.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Jessica Jones ;)

Honestly, I wouldn't even be mad if Jessica Jones got in, I just think it isn't likely.

I don't know much about the non-Danvers Ms. Marvel. She's been around for a while now, but would she be a notable enough inclusion?

It will never happen but I want Moon Knight
You and me both. Who knows, he's in the first game. That has to give him a bit of an edge compared to other obscure-ish characters.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

I think Squirrel Girl and Quake have pretty good odds as newcomers Daredevil, and doc strange are super likely though
Jessica Jones ;)

I don't expect Jessica at all especially if Luke Cage and Daredevil make it in as avengers as she'd be the fourth character on the team that uses brawling as a base but she has neither unique gear or moves to spice her up making her a boring samey character for the group. Defenders have a long history and roster and there's some fun characters with decent popularity that'd be cool while fitting into the more modern mystic street level team. My personal bet is Hellcat who'd be cool.

Also I have my doubts of the Defenders even being the modern version due to the reveal being led by Iron Fist only means it could be an amalgam of various versions and be more mystic than street level. Perhaps it may be Iron Fist, Doc Strange, Daredevil and Hellcat or an even more classic lineup. Remember Black Knight, Hellcat, Nighthawk, Valkyrie, Spiderwoman, Misty Knight, have been members after the original incarnation. Doubt we'll see Namor or Silver Surfer on this lineup(though I'd love to see the former)

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
What are the odds Fantastic 4 will show?
Pretty good, the ban technically stopped early last year(as shown by the reprint of the legendary marvel Fantastic Four card game expansion for the first time in 3 years), although the visible game result only came out last month. However whether or not that was soon enough to get them on the base roster, we don't know, however if they don't they'll likely be dlc as both previous games had it and both Nintendo, Koei Tecmo and Marvel are very open with it these days. Now what that will entail I do not know, perhaps it'd have the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and Doom as playable with a new level and side story that is inserted mid game as a side mission perhaps?

Also Koei Tecmo being on this makes me deeply believe costumes will be back and we'll get a ton of them(in part as dlc)

Billy Awesomo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
New York, New York
Subbed so fast!
Hoping that Miles/Gwen/Peni/SP//DR/Noir Spider-Man find their way into the roster whether it be in the base game or DLC
And just found this on Twitter, don't know if this is official or not, saw a portion of this pic with Wolverine on Nintendo Insider
DzW5ZBtUcAAXP_S.jpg:large
Lol for a minute their I was wondering why Capt. Marvel was doing spider-man's web shooting fingers, then I realized that Spider-Man's arm was positioned just right to make me think it was Cpt. Marvel's lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I was so glad to see Storm, I hope Iceman returns as well! And yeah it would be nice to see some Young Avengers folded in

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Also I have my doubts of the Defenders even being the modern version due to the reveal being led by Iron Fist

I'd say the Iron Fist reveal points even more to it being the modern interpretation of the team. And I don't think they'll skip one of their more modern mainstream female characters just because she's a brawler as well.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Yeah, Kamala is a pretty popular character. Her chances are very good.
Ok, I had no idea. If she makes the cut, what would it mean for Reed's chances? Would it make his incursion easier due to their similar power set, or more difficult because having a varied roster takes preference?

I think Squirrel Girl and Quake have pretty good odds as newcomers Daredevil, and doc strange are super likely though

It's funny, I would have considered those two deep cuts a few years ago (not even sure how new or old of a character Quake is, tbh). I need to pick up some recent runs.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok, I had no idea. If she makes the cut, what would it mean for Reed's chances? Would it make his incursion easier due to their similar power set, or more difficult because having a varied roster takes preference?

It's funny, I would have considered those two deep cuts a few years ago (not even sure how new or old of a character Quake is, tbh). I need to pick up some recent runs.
Quake originally showed up in mid 2000's as Nick Fury's protege, and took over Shield for a while, and was a decent player in the marvel universe. Her first major and impressive feat was knocking out Wolverine by causing his heart to explode, and taking out a supercharged magneto by causing his helmet to vibrate till it knocked him out. But yeah shield and marvel rising has definitely helped her visibility

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Ms. Marvel uses her powers a lot differently. Reed is called "Stretch" for a reason. HE's always elongating and rubber banding. Kamala's tagline is "Embiggen" and makes her fists like boulders and goes giant sized. While they have the same powers I can see them designed differently.

Squirrel Girl is a lock, I bet. She's part of the Uprising and TV pushes and her trades sell well in schools. She's a bit of an aquired taste though.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ms. Marvel uses her powers a lot differently. Reed is called "Stretch" for a reason. HE's always elongating and rubber banding. Kamala's tagline is "Embiggen" and makes her fists like boulders and goes giant sized. While they have the same powers I can see them designed differently.

Squirrel Girl is a lock, I bet. She's part of the Uprising and TV pushes and her trades sell well in schools. She's a bit of an aquired taste though.
Quake has the similar stuff along with being a tv show lead. Heck we could see a secret warriors team with Quake, Squirrel Girl, ms marvel and Ghost Rider XD

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good, the ban technically stopped early last year(as shown by the reprint of the legendary marvel Fantastic Four card game expansion for the first time in 3 years), although the visible game result only came out last month. However whether or not that was soon enough to get them on the base roster, we don't know, however if they don't they'll likely be dlc as both previous games had it and both Nintendo, Koei Tecmo and Marvel are very open with it these days. Now what that will entail I do not know, perhaps it'd have the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and Doom as playable with a new level and side story that is inserted mid game as a side mission perhaps?

Also Koei Tecmo being on this makes me deeply believe costumes will be back and we'll get a ton of them(in part as dlc)
They added quite a few costumes in Hyrule Warriors. Give us hope!

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Reed and Kamala are similar on paper but both very different in practice. Kamala can shrink and grow herself proportionately which I'm not sure Reed can do. She also is known for making her fists absurdly large compared to the rest of her body for her fighting style. Meanwhile Reed goes way more ham on playing with his stretchiness I'll say.

Either way I think the Fantastic Four will be a hard lock either through the base game or as DLC.

Poazc1O.jpg

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Quake originally showed up in mid 2000's as Nick Fury's protege, and took over Shield for a while, and was a decent player in the marvel universe. Her first major and impressive feat was knocking out Wolverine by causing his heart to explode, and taking out a supercharged magneto by causing his helmet to vibrate till it knocked him out. But yeah shield and marvel rising has definitely helped her visibility

Reed and Kamala are similar on paper but both very different in practice. Kamala can shrink and grow herself proportionately which I'm not sure Reed can do. She also is known for making her fists absurdly large compared to the rest of her body for her fighting style. Meanwhile Reed goes way more ham on playing with his stretchiness I'll say.

Either way I think the Fantastic Four will be a hard lock either through the base game or as DLC.

Ok, after the crash course I can see how they'd be different. Quake sounds pretty dope too, and I didn't realize she's in Agents of SHIELD. Squirrel Girl I knew, could be fun. I can't help but notice all 20 announced characters, save Venom and maybe the Guardians, are straight-up heroes. We might get more anti-heroes (if not villains) to balance the rest of the roster.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok, after the crash course I can see how they'd be different. Quake sounds pretty dope too, and I didn't realize she's in Agents of SHIELD. Squirrel Girl I knew, could be fun. I can't help but notice all 20 announced characters, save Venom and maybe the Guardians, are straight-up heroes. We might get more anti-heroes (if not villains) to balance the rest of the roster.
She's been the lead female protagonist for 4 seasons now. So yeah pretty prominent

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this does well. I want to see this series continue and be on Nintendo platforms. I wonder what the interest level in Japan is for this game.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I want an "everyone is here" sized roster. Way too many omissions from both MUA1 and 2.