• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
I just realised - this is a probably switch exclusive because switch will not be getting the other avengers game, whenever that materialises

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I just realised - this is a probably switch exclusive because switch will not be getting the other avengers game, whenever that materialises
I get the feeling that may not be a great loss by the time it releases in the year 2022. Also we're getting this this year which is awesome and it'll likely get avengers synergy

Also Slayven oh great well of obscure marvel knowledge, get a chance to break down the trailer yet?

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018

That would be the worst reason for Marvel to sign off on exclusivity.

Most likely scenario is that Nintendo money hatted the development.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that may not be a great loss by the time it releases in the year 2022. Also we're getting this this year which is awesome and it'll likely get avengers synergy

Also Slayven oh great well of obscure marvel knowledge, get a chance to break down the trailer yet?
I didn't see anything that stands out really, except giving the Green Goblin the soul gem which could be fun

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I didn't see anything that stands out really, except giving the Green Goblin the soul gem which could be fun
Well I mean hand ninjas tease daredevil and it's comic Ronan since he's teamed up with actual alter warriors. Also isn't Ultimo almost always summoned by a mystical villain? And there's no mystics in the trailer. Could be a mandarin hint since that's the classic association
Also Fisk with either the space or power gem should be fun too

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
My only issue with the graphics is that the art style is a carbon copy of MvsC Infinite which doesn't look great to me. Everything looks like shiny vinyl figures and it doesn't work for me personally. Really wish they'd push it further in to a more cartoon or comic book look. Something closer to Borderlands or Telltale's The Walking Dead.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My only issue with the graphics is that the art style is a carbon copy of MvsC Infinite which doesn't look great to me. Everything looks like shiny vinyl figures and it doesn't work for me personally. Really wish they'd push it further in to a more cartoon or comic book look. Something closer to Borderlands or Telltale's The Walking Dead.
I've always wanted something like that, based on 90s cartoon style visuals.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just give us a sequel to X-Men legends or marvel ultimate. 2 was trash and this one looks like a combination of 2 and MvC infinite. Which doesnt inspire a lot of confidence.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully we'll get some lengthier gameplay footage soon (instead of quick cuts and potentially zoomed-in camera angles) since this is suppose to be coming out in 2019.

Probably the next Nintendo Direct?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hopefully we'll get some lengthier gameplay footage soon (instead of quick cuts and potentially zoomed-in camera angles) since this is suppose to be coming out in 2019.

Probably the next Nintendo Direct?
Which should be in January near the beginning of the month since nsmbudx is the only Nintendo published game with a release date for 2019.

Also I'm willing to bet this will release in the 3 month period around avengers endgame, no way will they miss out on that synergy

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Which should be in January near the beginning of the month since nsmbudx is the only Nintendo published game with a release date for 2019.

Also I'm willing to bet this will release in the 3 month period around avengers endgame, no way will they miss out on that synergy
Oh yeah, I hadn't considered them likely coinciding it's release around when Avengers is coming out, that would make a lot of sense to get it out while that movie is still in theaters.
If they aren't able to have the game done by then I guess they could always release it in the late summer/fall when the movie releases on digital/Blu-ray, but by then a lot of games will be coming out so the earlier the better.

After Pokémon and Smash, I really need to finish a play through of MUA1 (I've started it at least 3 times but I've only gotten as far as Atlantis, which I think is the third level or something).
Might even try MUA2 even though I know it's pretty universally disliked, but then again maybe I shouldn't burn myself out before MUA3 comes out.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
There's a blink and you'll miss it shot of Vision in his Civil War II outfit during Wolverine's part of the trailer.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
There's a blink and you'll miss it shot of Vision in his Civil War II outfit during Wolverine's part of the trailer.

You're right I saw it too with high speed scrubbing. Which means this trailer is made entirely of in game cutscenes not original material which means this is waaayyyy further ahead than people think if it's in this good enough state for all game material to be used for the trailer... I'm really betting on a March or April release

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're right I saw it too with high speed scrubbing. Which means this trailer is made entirely of in game cutscenes not original material which means this is waaayyyy further ahead than people think if it's in this good enough state for all game material to be used for the trailer... I'm really betting on a March or April release
it won't be prior to April, otherwise we'd know about the game by now. might be a May title, in time for Avengers 4

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
it won't be prior to April, otherwise we'd know about the game by now. might be a May title, in time for Avengers 4
I mean Nintendo's done shorter window and usually release games in February and March and currently the only 2019 Nintendo published game with a release date is nsmbudx so I wouldn't rule out anything

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I hope we know more about roster. MUA games had crazy rosters and unlockables. Also please include online player coop

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Nintendo's done shorter window and usually release games in February and March and currently the only 2019 Nintendo published game with a release date is nsmbudx so I wouldn't rule out anything
the only time they done announce to release as short as 3 months were for games that they don't expect big numbers from. MUA3 is already expected to do big numbers

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I hope we know more about roster. MUA games had crazy rosters and unlockables. Also please include online player coop
I posted the original release roster earlier in the thread it's not as crazy as you'd think outside of marvel knights and maybe solver surfer, heck the base game didn't even have hulk and hawkeye

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I posted the original release roster earlier in the thread it's not as crazy as you'd think outside of marvel knights and maybe solver surfer, heck the base game didn't even have hulk and hawkeye

Dude they had Deadpool,Dr Strange etc before they were cool. Silver Surfer was amazing. Also most characters played so good they all made with care. (expect some shit like Invisible women). I loved first game. I played all versions PSP,PS2,PS3,360 Ultimate and PS4,PC.(yeah kinda wtf) i think roster was pretty good for its time.

Tito

Oct 28, 2017
I love how the trailer starts like it's a GotG game; and you are like "hey! a GotG game, awesome!"

Then it goes full avengers, and you think "dude! Nintendo got the Avengers!"

And finally showing Wolverine "*screams*".

How long has it been since a Marvel game with Avengers and the Xmen together? On consoles?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the trailer starts like it's a GotG game; and you are like "hey! a GotG game, awesome!"

Then it goes full avengers, and you think "dude! Nintendo got the Avengers!"

And finally showing Wolverine "*screams*".

How long has it been since a Marvel game with Avengers and the Xmen together? On consoles?

PS4 Marvel Heroes pretty much.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Why do people seem so convinced that MUA3 will be big? Genuine question. The Marvel license sure didn't help Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.
I think the combination of Nintendo probably pushing it hard during upcoming Nintendo Directs and the Marvel license will be able to propel it to sell quite well unless the game ends up being abysmal. It just seems like... incredibly unlikely to outright fail on a platform that could lead even games like Fire Emblem Warriors and Octopath Traveller to sell over 1m units. This is totally besides the possibility that it releases adjacent to an upcoming Marvel film. Although Google analytics aren't really worth much on their own, just checking cursory stats for terms like "marvel video game" around the dates of Marvel movies shows that there's definitely big interest there, even if it won't directly corroborate to sales. Just seems like a relatively perfect storm seeing as the Switch is selling very well and it's unlikely to be an outright bad game.

EDIT: I definitely don't think it'll be Marvel's Spider-Man levels of big, though. No way it's getting anywhere close to that but I expect 2m+ lifetime sales. On the topic of Marvel Infinite, I think the leadup to release was honestly so negative that overcoming it was always going to be a herculean task. No doubt it's a great game but it didn't land in a position to sell well.

Last edited:

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
I think the combination of Nintendo probably pushing it hard during upcoming Nintendo Directs and the Marvel license will be able to propel it to sell quite well unless the game ends up being abysmal. It just seems like... incredibly unlikely to outright fail on a platform that could lead even games like Fire Emblem Warriors and Octopath Traveller to sell over 1m units. This is totally besides the possibility that it releases adjacent to an upcoming Marvel film. Although Google analytics aren't really worth much on their own, just checking cursory stats for terms like "marvel video game" around the dates of Marvel movies shows that there's definitely big interest there, even if it won't directly corroborate to sales. Just seems like a relatively perfect storm seeing as the Switch is selling very well and it's unlikely to be an outright bad game.

EDIT: I definitely don't think it'll be Marvel's Spider-Man levels of big, though. No way it's getting anywhere close to that but I expect 2m+ lifetime sales.

It will be bigger in terms of story scope/characters and craziness. Spider-Man goal was to create realistic game here they will go way off and do crazy shit. Its easier to with cell shaded graphics style for low powered system as well. Expect big shit
you have all great franchises under hood . Think storylines :)

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
It will be bigger in terms of story scope/characters and craziness. Spider-Man goal was to create realistic game here they will go way off and do crazy shit. Its easier to with cell shaded graphics style for low powered system as well. Expect big shit
you have all great franchises under hood . Think storylines :)
I mean, pretty much any game with a cast like this is going to have a bigger narrative scope than a solo hero game, haha. Just FYI the game's actually not cel-shaded. Certainly a really nice comic book-y look, though!

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
online coop turned MUA from fun games to play into "amazing". It just took it to the next level

I loved CPU as well lol. I'm probably only one in the world who put all CPU side kicks to bumper cars and actually played bumper cars with my CPU side kick bros.
Wolverine , Deadpool, Dr Strange and Spider man in fucking bumper cars lol. Loved The Arcade missions.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
If this game has multiple X-Men, I gotta believe Storm would be playable. It's be pretty dumb for Marvel to not include their most prominent black female character.

I do wonder if Marvel changes the way they'd approach their "Netflix character" in other properties now that they've cancelled multiple shows on that platform.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If this game has multiple X-Men, I gotta believe Storm would be playable. It's be pretty dumb for Marvel to not include their most prominent black female character.

I do wonder if Marvel changes the way they'd approach their "Netflix character" in other properties now that they've cancelled multiple shows on that platform.
Storm was in every previous mua and I think even X-men legends game as well, her absence would be odd

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
Why do people seem so convinced that MUA3 will be big? Genuine question. The Marvel license sure didn't help Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

I think an important and obvious distinction between MUA3 and MvCI is that one is a competitive fighting game and the other is a coop action/RPG. I'm no developer but I imagine on a per-character basis there is a lot more work to create a fighting game character as opposed to a new character in an action/RPG like MUA.

above average

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Not sure if you're implying anything but Hulk not being in was completely due to the his license being separate from the deal with Activision and they couldn't use him. Hawkeye though was probably just a strange choice.