• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strifel

Oct 13, 2021
I still remember being blown away by the plethora of characters and the crazy level art. The powers were so much fun to use, for some reason I had a preference for Deadpool despite not knowing anything about the character.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
Sadly, it didn't age well at all. I bought the remastered version couple of years ago and it is simply not fun to play. Which is a shame since this was a personal favorite of my, growing up.

Good thing MUA3 exists. It has a fantastic roster and does button mashing brainless Marvel gamr thing so good.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Interesting to see that roster. Captain Marvel in her old outfit, white Nick Fury, Ultimate Thor, etc.

I also had a good time with MUA1, but got into MUA2 late and yeah, the combat didn't age so well.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Nice game, me and a mate played through it back in the day and had a lot of fun with it. Not 100% sure how well it has held up, I played it again a few years ago and found it a tad stiff compared to more modern top down brawlers. That said, it still was great for its time. I especially liked the diversity in the areas and characters you play as and fight. It seemed like a real good loveletter to the Marvel universe as a whole.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, while amazing back in the day going back to it wasn't as rad. Gameplay had not aged gracefully. One hell of a game and it's sad we got a half baked one that's stuck on the switch.

X-Men Legends 2 however was still a blast to play.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Sadly, it didn't age well at all. I bought the remastered version couple of years ago and it is simply not fun to play. Which is a shame since this was a personal favorite of my, growing up.

Good thing MUA3 exists. It has a fantastic roster and does button mashing brainless Marvel gamr thing so good.

It's the complete opposite for me. Absolutely hate MUA3, it's so mind numbing and they didn't even try with the story.
The OG X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are so much better than that trash.

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
A great experience that I haven't been able to find for Xbox One after the delisting, no matter how hard I try 😔

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love the Ultimate Alliance games and the X-Men Legends games before them. MUA3 definitely has the most content, and an awesome hero selection, but I wasn't a big fan of them making synergies be the only moves that do good damage. By the time you get to end-game content, your moves outside of synergies are useless. I also missed being able to slot skill points into character moves, which was removed in MUA3.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Remember to avoid the PS3 version of the first game if you're thinking about going back to these

The first one was a casualty of those early PS3 games that reflected the difficult programming. I'm talking 10-20 FPS through much of it. There's no trophy support either if you're worried about keeping your gamer score on one platform.

I think the second one is fine supposedly.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I still remember being blown away by the plethora of characters and the crazy level art. The powers were so much fun to use, for some reason I had a preference for Deadpool despite not knowing anything about the character.

One of my sisters loved playing Deadpool because that he could self-heal in the game. It was one of the few coop games we all had fun playing together.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Only played MUA3. I liked it, if not very repetitive with similar style moves for many heroes. But it still has the slickest, most awesomest, most true-to-comic-look characters designs in recent years (a major grievance I have with most Marvel/DC games). Still has some of the nicest character render art as far as licensed hero games go. Very glad they moved away from the drab movie look earlier games went with.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I played this game as a single player experience and loved it.
Other than many great features and addictive gameplay, it introduced some of the "now famous" Marvel characters to me, like: Deadpool, Moon Knight and Luke Cage.