• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Where should I start to get ready for this?

how much x-men do you know? do you have a free trial to marvel unlimited?

Grand Design is a 6 issue miniseries that covers a LOT of the x-men history and you'll enjoy that

if you want a lot more to read - i would also read a few bits from other x-teams:

-demon bear saga & zeb wells' new mutants

-generation x 1-11

-peter david's x-factor 1-13

-the further adventures of cyclops & phoenix: the origin of mr sinister

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'm not really a fan of X-Men Grand Design art, but it is definitely a way to catch up on all the important bits since Giant Sized X-Men.

Lot faster than reading Essentials.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
if you really think that anything from the X-Men history is going to be forgotten when Jonathan Hickman is writing the story, you're in for a surprise
Just like he used Malice in his Fantastic Four run?

Some stuff is just meant to be forgotten. Evan is a product of the referential stuff that Hickman says he's wanting to move past. You might see him in a panel background but he's likely the type of character whose redundancy will make him a thing of the past.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this was published 50 minutes ago.

img_20190621_205059a3klw.jpg

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I... guess this ties into that Apocalypse-looking Moira on one of the covers?

I have no idea where Hickman is going with this

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Going to also point out that we're getting a Weapon Plus one-shot the week before House #1 and Charles is currently in the body of Fantomex.

The evidence is there, folks. I can feel it.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to go back and just start plowing through X-Men, but practically all my floppies are in storage and I'm pretty sure my wife would murder me if I got them out as we're getting ready to list our house. :/

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Just speculation, but I think it makes a lot of sense. Reconciles both the "X-Universe" and "secret history" aspects without using alternate reality or time travel. It's totally a Hickman move, too. I'm so hyped.

damnit you might be onto something

i am reading Carey's run now, just got done with X-Factor & Generation X for Monet ... might have to squeeze in select New X-Men trades

anyone remember which books / issues comprise that aspect in Morrison's run?

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
Just speculation, but I think it makes a lot of sense. Reconciles both the "X-Universe" and "secret history" aspects without using alternate reality or time travel. It's totally a Hickman move, too. I'm so hyped.
Hickman using that is similar to the Council of Reeds making their own place in between the universes so I can see it happening.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
My reading has taken a bunch of roads, but I am into the mutant life DEEP.

-Re-read some Morrison New X-Men
-Wrapping up the first few trades of Generation X, with Wood TPB to follow
-Read some Claremont Excalibur
-Apocalypse vs Dracula was some dumb fun
-Finishing second trade of Exiles. Might read Ahmed's run after.

Need to figure out if I should pick Carey's run back up now or wait til I'm on vacation next month and read it on the beach

Saw this video last night and thought it was pretty neat:

Thanks - will check it out later.