• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't mind. I enjoy the Marvel films. Each movie/franchise is kind of a different take anyway. GOTG scratches that scifi space opera shit. Antman is a buddy cop movie. Black Panther is Black Panther. Captain Marvel is space opera too. Doctor Strange is cosmic horror.

Bring it on.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, not sure how I can take spending 4 days out of 365 days to see 4 movies.

It is not about your schedule or the audience schedule , it is about the theaters allocation. Some may argue that the limit spots would be taken by those blockbusters, limiting the amount of screening time for other types of movies. Of course, it is debating topic.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But I'm lactose intolerant!!!!

glAgjtW.gif

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been a very dedicated MCU fan but hoo boy I'm feeling that superhero fatigue right about now.
Same. Seen every movie in theatres but my hyped dropped big time after End Game. It really feels like that was the end of it all to me for some reason. Hopefully they suck me back in

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So 8-10 hours of my life a year? How is that too much for people? Especially from people who'll waste 50 hours playing a single videogame and sometimes by the end not even like it.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome to hear!

Personally, my ideal would be 6 MCU films a year :)

My ideal world would have two big horror movies per month, a DCEU movie per month, and an alternating schedule of MCU/other comics publisher per month!

Getting closer to my ideal world every day :)

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Outside of X-Men and F4, I do hope Disney starts experiencing superhero fatigue.

It might challenge them to take more risks. Lone Ranger is one of my favorite Disney movies of the past 10 years. With their heavy hitting films remade, might they tap into the Fox films they either put on hold/cancelled?
I'm fine skipping movies to see which ones I want. Don't care about Black Widow or Shang Chi. Eternals I'm hyped for. How I'll approach them crowding their schedule with Marvel films.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Disney redid things and some changes got made. FOX is now the new Touchstone and Nimona got delayed to 2022, also the Bobs Burger movie is possibly no longer 2020 or just likely on Hulu-Disney+

EJdC-nNVAAEgmtj

EJdC-nOUcAAW258
Sorry that this is off topic, but do we know if Bob's Burgers is going to move to Disney+ with Simpsons and King of the Hill? So much stuff is leaving Hulu that my girlfriend and I are reeeeeally considering dropping it [and probably picking up HBOmax instead] but we friggin love Bob's Burgers, and it doesn't seem any more adult than the other Fox animated shows that are on Disney+...

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good. This has felt like the inevitable destination for the franchise for a while, especially once Fox cane into the picture. Gimme one just about every quarter, dawg.

I find the "man, ion really care about any of these movies" posts fun. We got a lot of that in 2014 too.

The movies will drop and be good and the train will continue, same as always.

2021 is gonna be THE limitus test for the genre.

2021 is gonna be the litmus test for a franchise that put out 23 films in 11 years (and 11
in the last 3)?

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
I can see that, we went on a 10 year, 23 movie journey, so it felt like one chapter was coming to a close.
Chapter closes and another one opens. The smart thing though is that this new chapter is going to be already seeded with characters that are known and successful even though some of the big hitters have been retired. I think Marvel is going perfectly fine.

Last edited:

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
It's about goddamn time. I've been wanting this for a while. One MCU movie per quarter is perfect. That plus Disney+ MCU stuff and my fix will finally be sated.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Chapter closes and another one opens. The smart thing though is that this new chapter is going to be already seeded with characters that are known and successful even though some of the big hitters have been hired. I think Marvel is going perfectly fine.

Yeah, that's why I'm good with it, but I can see people not wanting to get invested In The next 10 year chapter

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
This is perfect. Between the films and the movies we'll always have something new to enjoy and talk about, year-round.

Oct 31, 2017
They really doing a 5 year gap for Black Panther? That's a little extreme no? Surely they will have him make a guest appearance somewhere before then no?

maybe idk....show up to help Spider-Man with Kraven or something

or are people going to pitch a fit over guest stars in a spider-man film. Because i rather see a team up, use spidey and team him up with as many people as possible.

4 years, which is similar to other sequels nowadays. Strange and Guardians are the ones getting a 5 year gap.

Coogler can take however long he wants. Plus I hope it spends more time in the oven in post production.

King's Man got pushed to September 2020?

Yeah this news sucks. Also a movie being moved so close to release is not good news and doesn't bode well for the product.

Also alleviates concern that Disney wouldn't do adult movies (Last Duel medieval rape), they are just putting it with the Fox logo/fanfare

That report that Disney was cancelling all of Fox's planned projects was always BS. They were looking at all of them and seeing if they were gonna greenlight them or not.

Fox taking the Touchstone name? I'm down with that. The fox logo/score is iconic.

Are these theater releases, streaming or combined. Because that's a lot of Fox titles going to the big screen

This is just theater releases. And I'm not sure what the user is alluding to on Fox being the new Touchstone. Fox is much more than Touchstone ever was and Touchstone for the past decade has just a small label that used to distribute some Dreamworks movies. They will probably close this down and keep the name afloat for distribution of legacy products like Hollywood.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
4 years, which is similar to other sequels nowadays. Strange and Guardians are the ones getting a 5 year gap.

Coogler can take however long he wants. Plus I hope it spends more time in the oven in post production.

Yeah this news sucks. Also a movie being moved so close to release is not good news and doesn't bode well for the product.

That report that Disney was cancelling all of Fox's planned projects was always BS. They were looking at all of them and seeing if they were gonna greenlight them or not.

This is just theater releases. And I'm not sure what the user is alluding to on Fox being the new Touchstone. Fox is much more than Touchstone ever was and Touchstone for the past decade has just a small label that used to distribute some Dreamworks movies. They will probably close this down and keep the name afloat for distribution of legacy products like Hollywood.

I'm assuming he just means if Disney wants to push adult fare, it will be with fox. I think it's a good fit and will allow Disney to keep its content separated a bit

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome to hear!

Personally, my ideal would be 6 MCU films a year :)

My ideal world would have two big horror movies per month, a DCEU movie per month, and an alternating schedule of MCU/other comics publisher per month!

Getting closer to my ideal world every day :)

You see an ideal world, I see a hellscape littered with shitty DCEU movies.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of X-Men and F4, I do hope Disney starts experiencing superhero fatigue.

It might challenge them to take more risks. Lone Ranger is one of my favorite Disney movies of the past 10 years. With their heavy hitting films remade, might they tap into the Fox films they either put on hold/cancelled?
I'm fine skipping movies to see which ones I want. Don't care about Black Widow or Shang Chi. Eternals I'm hyped for. How I'll approach them crowding their schedule with Marvel films.

I would love to go to the theatres less.