• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That was a solid second episode. Probably on track to be the best of these three shows if they continue at this rate. Though it helps that they're sticking to slightly more standard ground for Marvel, compared to the last two shows which tried to tackle larger themes and ultimately stumbled. The soundtrack is also the best they've had in anything MCU related, but that's not exactly difficult.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
it was fine how time travel was introduced in Endgame, but they have made time travel discourse much more complicated with with everything they've introduced in Loki so they are pretty much asking for people to overthink things

I don't agree that the rules have become more complicated. Endgame established that time travel doesn't change the past but creates branch timelines. Loki establishes that the Time Keepers have determined a single timeline as the 'proper' one and anything that deviates from it gets clipped. So, based on those rules:

1) The Avengers were supposed to get the infinity stones from the past, stop Thanos and return the stones to the moment that they got them from. No branch timelines created, no reason for the TVA to interfere.

2) The Avengers failed to get the Tesseract and they leave, Loki did get the tesseract but he wasn't supposed to. A branch timeline was created, the TVA interferes and resets the timeline to the events we saw in 2012. Regular Loki gets transported to an asgardian jail cell, variant Loki is apprehended by the TVA.

3) The Avengers get the Tesseract from another point in time, return it to the same point in time. No branch timeline, no reason for the TVA to interfere.

4) The Old Man Steve issue can be answered in two ways, the Russos way or the Markus and McFeely way. Either Old Man Steve was part of the sacred timeline anyway or he created a branch, lived there for a while and returned to the sacred timeline a few seconds after he left, thus negating that branch. I prefer the first version as the second would mean that Cap's family in that branch essentially disappeared. Maybe there is a third explanation if the show specifically addresses it.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Why do ppl think Loki was being beat up but a fat redneck guy? Seems pretty clear he didn't wanna fight and wanted to see the actual Loki and get info and guy was possessed or enchanted so it would make sense he's not just a regular human.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Y'all actually buy this "sacred timeline" propaganda garbage? I feel like the most obvious thing is that there's no sacred timeline and whoever is behind the TVA is only trying to prevent any branches that could threaten to expose what's really happening.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
I like the library and that Loki went straight to the point, demanding records of creation of TVA, the beginning and the end of time lol.
Wonder TVA could even have such files.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all actually buy this "sacred timeline" propaganda garbage? I feel like the most obvious thing is that there's no sacred timeline and whoever is behind the TVA is only trying to prevent any branches that could threaten to expose what's really happening.
Seems pretty obvious it's just what they want to have happen.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I don't agree that the rules have become more complicated. Endgame established that time travel doesn't change the past but creates branch timelines. Loki establishes that the Time Keepers have determined a single timeline as the 'proper' one and anything that deviates from it gets clipped. So, based on those rules:

1) The Avengers were supposed to get the infinity stones from the past, stop Thanos and return the stones to the moment that they got them from. No branch timelines created, no reason for the TVA to interfere.

2) The Avengers failed to get the Tesseract and they leave, Loki did get the tesseract but he wasn't supposed to. A branch timeline was created, the TVA interferes and resets the timeline to the events we saw in 2012. Regular Loki gets transported to an asgardian jail cell, variant Loki is apprehended by the TVA.

3) The Avengers get the Tesseract from another point in time, return it to the same point in time. No branch timeline, no reason for the TVA to interfere.

4) The Old Man Steve issue can be answered in two ways, the Russos way or the Markus and McFeely way. Either Old Man Steve was part of the sacred timeline anyway or he created a branch, lived there for a while and returned to the sacred timeline a few seconds after he left, thus negating that branch. I prefer the first version as the second would mean that Cap's family in that branch essentially disappeared. Maybe there is a third explanation if the show specifically addresses it.
This is all my understanding too, and I'm not sure why we have to continue having the same time travel conversation ad nauseum because as someone said earlier, it really is exhausting. I feel like some people are being deliberately obtuse just to troll because they've really done a decent job explaining things in the show.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I don't why you say you don't accept the show's explanation at face value, when the show gives you plenty of implications that the TVA may not be telling the truth about things anyway.

Besides, everything about time travel is meant to just fit conveniently into the plot. There's never going to be a fool proof explanation for freaking time travel.

The show even conveniently says that they can't travel back before the Variant attacks and have to catch her in real time, because the Nexus event would be unstable. Does that actually make any sense? Couldn't you just throw a reset bomb behind a time door and activate it remotely so nothing winds up changing anything?

Who knows, you just have to take that rule at face value and just go along with the show.
Well most of the issues I've been taking so far is how they're addressing past installments of the MCU, namely Endgame and the time heist. The last thing we see in that movie regarding the 2012 universe is Loki taking the tesseract and leaving. That is exactly where this show picks up.

Now, I was fine with however much they explained time travel in that movie, and I was fine with it so far in watching Loki, it actually wasn't until I've read explanations here about either the 2012 timeline getting reset to before Loki takes the tesseract or the timeline just getting deleted where I think it falls apart.
I didn't say their vaporize their own people. I was referring with the "late to work" to one of the variant examples in the cartoon. But it doesn't matter if that applies to their own people or not. It's absurdly cruel regardless.

We're only two episodes in; I've just been assuming there would be some more explanation coming on how the timeline manipulation works.
Oh were you referring to that scene in the first episode where Loki has to print a ticket? I assumed the variant that got vaporized wasn't actually killed but teleported to another department. I don't know if I agree that the TVA is cruel though. I can't remember if I saw them doing anything immoral, or implied to be.
I mean they pretty much tell you not to overthink it when they said The Avengers going back and messing with time to get the stones was simply supposed to happen. I'm willing to accept that and just enjoy this ride as it happens. Not everyone is looking to dissect every plot/timeline detail of the MCU and piece it all together nicely for the sake of Loki.
For the record, that's fine if you are. I don't mean for this to turn into any kind of argument. I'm just saying, I'm taking what they're giving me and enjoying this as its own thing.
I didn't overthink the time traveling aspect in Endgame, and I didn't really think too much about it while watching Loki either. Like, when B-15 put down the time resetter, I didn't even care what it meant because I didn't see what a time reset looks like. It actually wasn't even until I had discussions in this thread, where I heard arguments for

a) the 2012 universe getting deleted, or
b) getting reset to literally mean the 10 minutes of Loki's divulsion is undone to go back to the main 2012 events of MCU canon

that I started to feel like the explanations of time travel by the TVA starts to fall apart. Both options seem problematic to me. I wasn't looking to dissect every detail of this show, but...this show is all about time travel and multiple universes, so how as an audience member I don't see why I shouldn't be dissecting those plot points.

1) So were the Avengers supposed to recover the tesseract in the 2012 universe? Because they didn't, and if they did, then Endgame the movie would have been different. Steve and Tony wouldn't have travelled further back in time.

2) If the Avengers were meant to go back to 2012 and from there go back to 1970, then why was Loki not meant to get away with the tesseract?

3) But what about the 2012 timeline? The tesseract is still missing from that universe. Unless the "time reset" means restoring 10 minutes of that universe which undoes Loki getting away, but if that's the case then it is a very important detail and it is something that the viewer should have seen unfold AND that would also mean Endgame would be different, if Tony never loses the suitcase. But even besides the tesseract, there is also Loki's scepter. In the 2012 universe, when 2023 Steve returns, he presumably puts the scepter next to his 2012 self who is knocked out on a floor of Stark tower. This event is completely different than the main MCU universe, where at that point in time all of the Avengers just met up for shawarma. Also earlier on, 2023 Steve deceived the undercover Hydra agents as well. Undoubtedly this would cause some sort of riff in that universe diverting from the main universe's events.

4) Old man Steve has nothing to do with this, except of course the fact that he's arguably a variant. Honestly I don't think the show will bother to explain anything regarding his appearance at the end of Endgame.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to think that minutemen like C20 and Mobius are all variants that has been mindwiped to work for TVA. Mobius is obsessed with 90s and jetskis is because he's originally from that era. C20 saying "it's real" as if some big secret has been shown to her. alsoI think she didn't mean TVA when she say she want to go home

i think this makes a lot of sense...rather than just the TVA "created" all of these people to work at the TVA...

maybe they did create them, just not in the "born to work at the TVA" way but in the "variant mind wiped to work at the TVA" way...

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I don't see the issue with Loki's explanation of the current timeline stuff

- Avengers' fucking with time literally clipped all timeline branches that might have gone out of line. They didn't change time, they repaired it. The TVA, looking at time from outside time, obviously knew this would happen, so the Avengers are neither creating branches nor do they have to go on trial.

- Loki porting to Mongolia was literally the only unclipped part of the entire timeline, but it needed to be done so the events of Endgame could happen. This is why the TVA only jumped in _after_ he ported out, and cut the timeline there. Loki still teleported away in this timeline, but the TVA reset the timeline shortly after, so that the causes for Endgame -on their own timeline - are still in effect. This timeline no longer exists, as explained in Avengers, there is no "changing the past". All of what happened during Endgame happened, but the timeline after Loki noped out was completely deleted. "Our" Avengers just hopped through, and for all intents and purposes, on the real timeline Loki just got apprehended and brought to Asgard as we've been told previously. The most important part I guess is that it doesn't matter what the TVA or Loki or the Avengers changed within the Loki TV series ' Loki's timeline. It's not their past, it's an alternative reality that got clipped after they've been there. Their past, and the past of the MCU, has been written already once the TVA clipped that branch.

"Our" Loki was still doing whatever he was up to in the MCU after Avengers 1, the new Loki is the variant that would have been deleted completely if it wasn't for his potential to help the TVA.

Maybe I'm just being weird and watched too much Doctor Who, but I really don't have many issues with this lol

basically
37dTekJ.png

*very rough and simplified sketch of
Avengers: Yellow, all along the sacred timeline, no branches
Loki TV timeline caused by Lokis disappearance: red, branch as branch can be, potential Nexus event
TVA Snip: green, all hail the TVA thank you for saving us
Our "sacred" timeline: black

Last edited:

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Oh were you referring to that scene in the first episode where Loki has to print a ticket? I assumed the variant that got vaporized wasn't actually killed but teleported to another department. I don't know if I agree that the TVA is cruel though. I can't remember if I saw them doing anything immoral, or implied to be.
I was referring both to the example in the cartoon and the part in the waiting room where Loki has to print a ticket. That guy wasn't teleported, he was murdered for not following the rules. It was the exact same visual effect the time bombs use to "disintegrate everything in the vicinity" as Loki puts it in episode 2.

The show has absolutely implied that the TVA is immoral, in several ways. Loki brings up that the TVA is the only place that has free will in episode 2, because the TVA removes it from everywhere else. Loki also points out that "no one good is truly good". The way they put people on trial for "crimes" against their preferred timeline, and kill anyone that steps even slightly out of line. The tone presented with the TVA wants you to think they're benevolent, but their actions are definitely not.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Loving the show, Moebius is a perfect foil for Loki.

I have zero interest in the mechanics of time travel, that's not what the show is really about and the MCU rules don't make much sense anyway. It's Doctor Who level stuff-- fun, but I don't think about it much.

Likewise, I'm tempted to run wild speculating, but after WandaVision I've decided to just enjoy the ride as it happens. Loved that show, hated all the red herrings and dead ends I ended up going down in my head.

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I won't phrase it as well, but the Hulk speech in End Game matters a lot here.

"If you travel back into your own past, that destination becomes your future, and your former present becomes the past, which can't now be changed by your new future."

- Cap and team lose site of stone.

Because

- Loki takes stone (creates variant), branch is created

- TVA deleted branch

Cap's future is now in 1973. He traveled back to 1973 before the branch was made/at same time. Regardless, the TVA has shown an ability to move time back in an isolated manner.
That doesn't make sense. It's just not possible. If the TVA deleted the 2012 branch, then Steve wouldn't be able to go back there to return Loki's scepter or the time stone. AND it would mean that the Ancient One should have listened to herself and not trusted Bruce, because she and her reality were doomed to become nothingness.
I was referring both to the example in the cartoon and the part in the waiting room where Loki has to print a ticket. That guy wasn't teleported, he was murdered for not following the rules. It was the exact same visual effect the time bombs use to "disintegrate everything in the vicinity" as Loki puts it in episode 2.

The show has absolutely implied that the TVA is immoral, in several ways. Loki brings up that the TVA is the only place that has free will in episode 2, because the TVA removes it from everywhere else. Loki also points out that "no one good is truly good". The way they put people on trial for "crimes" against their preferred timeline, and kill anyone that steps even slightly out of line. The tone presented with the TVA wants you to think they're benevolent, but their actions are definitely not.
Do we know for sure that the variant is killed and not teleported? Does Miss Minutes say that the penalty for disobeying the TVA is death? Loki's speech about no one good is truly good and no one bad is truly bad didn't really mean anything to me, really. It didn't seem like it had anything to do with the TVA as an organization. I don't even get the vibes that the TVA wants me to think they're benevolent but hiding something.

darkazcura

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't make sense. It's just not possible. If the TVA deleted the 2012 branch, then Steve wouldn't be able to go back there to return Loki's scepter or the time stone. AND it would mean that the Ancient One should have listened to herself and not trusted Bruce, because she and her reality were doomed to become nothingness.

Do we know for sure that the variant is killed and not teleported? Does Miss Minutes say that the penalty for disobeying the TVA is death? Loki's speech about no one good is truly good and no one bad is truly bad didn't really mean anything to me, really. It didn't seem like it had anything to do with the TVA as an organization. I don't even get the vibes that the TVA wants me to think they're benevolent but hiding something.

Not sure why you keep referring to the 2012 branch while including those other two items. What some of us are saying or just me, is that the branch that Loki created by going to the dessert was erased. That's it. Not the entire thing. They removed what amounts to like 2 minutes of isolated time. This has no impact on the scepter or time stone. Nothing should stop Cap from bringing those back at all.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Not sure why you keep referring to the 2012 branch while including those other two items. What some of us are saying or just me, is that the branch that Loki created by going to the dessert was erased. That's it. Not the entire thing. They removed what amounts to like 2 minutes of isolated time. This has no impact on the scepter or time stone.
Exactly. And it doesn't even matter for anything within the main MCU timeline, because it happened to them already. What happened, happened. There's no "change the past change the future" stuff.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this more than Wandavision and (especially) Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but I'm pretty sure it's just because of Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson lol. I find that very little about anything that is going on makes much sense, but I'm just going with it I guess.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why you keep referring to the 2012 branch while including those other two items. What some of us are saying or just me, is that the branch that Loki created by going to the dessert was erased. That's it. Not the entire thing. They removed what amounts to like 2 minutes of isolated time. This has no impact on the scepter or time stone. Nothing should stop Cap from bringing those back at all.
Yup, people are super overthinking it. Loki essentially created that new branch the second he touched the tesseract and teleported. Meanwhile in the "sacred" 2012 version of events shit happened as normal. TVA just went and snipped that bit off leaving the "sacred" version to continue as "needed"

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
This is all my understanding too, and I'm not sure why we have to continue having the same time travel conversation ad nauseum because as someone said earlier, it really is exhausting. I feel like some people are being deliberately obtuse just to troll because they've really done a decent job explaining things in the show.

Time travel talk is always a bit confusing for some, while others just follow the CinemaSins school of criticism through nitpicking. My opinion is that the rules that the writers set for time travel in Endgame are well thought out and they hold up very well to scrutiny. Many people have been trying to poke holes in the movie's script for years but they have been unsuccessful.

1) So were the Avengers supposed to recover the tesseract in the 2012 universe? Because they didn't, and if they did, then Endgame the movie would have been different. Steve and Tony wouldn't have travelled further back in time.

2) If the Avengers were meant to go back to 2012 and from there go back to 1970, then why was Loki not meant to get away with the tesseract?

3) But what about the 2012 timeline? The tesseract is still missing from that universe. Unless the "time reset" means restoring 10 minutes of that universe which undoes Loki getting away, but if that's the case then it is a very important detail and it is something that the viewer should have seen unfold AND that would also mean Endgame would be different, if Tony never loses the suitcase. But even besides the tesseract, there is also Loki's scepter. In the 2012 universe, when 2023 Steve returns, he presumably puts the scepter next to his 2012 self who is knocked out on a floor of Stark tower. This event is completely different than the main MCU universe, where at that point in time all of the Avengers just met up for shawarma. Also earlier on, 2023 Steve deceived the undercover Hydra agents as well. Undoubtedly this would cause some sort of riff in that universe diverting from the main universe's events.

4) Old man Steve has nothing to do with this, except of course the fact that he's arguably a variant. Honestly I don't think the show will bother to explain anything regarding his appearance at the end of Endgame.

The Avengers were supposed to return to the present with the stones. When or how they got the stones didn't matter because they negated each created branch by returning the stones and preserving the sacred timeline. The only branch that wasn't negated was the one in 2012 when Loki escaped, which is why the TVA intervened and reset it. Reseting it means that the events happened exactly as we saw them in The Avengers.

Last edited:

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I agree. It can be a bit fun when trying to engage with what is written and what we know about things in the MCU so far, like trying to make sense of it without jumping through too many hoops, and that could then be fun to speculate about how the rules work beyond what we have been told and what will be the outcomes in the show and in the MCU, but a lot of people don't care to engage with it on that level and believes it must be air tight to the any criticism you can lob at it and the point of discussing any of it is to test it and pick it all apart.

It's really pedantic and cynical. It's like being anti-fun.

There is some degree of thought and logic put into what they are doing and they are doing their best working across multiple projects with multiple creatives, so I choose to go along for the ride and engage with it for what it is, and not what it isn't. Maybe sometimes they aren't clear on what they assumptions are for their logic, and I think that's fair to criticize or talk about, but even that is something I feel we just have to give Marvel the benefit of the doubt at a certain point that they have a purpose and wait to see what that is before trying to pull on the loose threads to see if we can make it unravel.
If I could like a post then I would like this post. I completely agree.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I'm enjoying it more than Wanda and Falcon so far. But then again, maybe the ending of both shows soured the whole thing for me, although both were still solid. Let's hope Loki breaks the cycle and ends on a high note.

Also, skimming through the last few pages, boy, I'm happy I can just accept that Time Travel never makes sense, it's a paradox that will crumble under any type of scrutiny, so might as well enjoy it for what it is and not think about it too much.

Also, yeah, TVA are totally assholes, and the series will end with their extinction. Meaning that Wanda won't cause the Multiverse Madness, but will probably try to fix it, along with Dr. Strange.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
I'm enjoying this more than Wandavision and (especially) Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but I'm pretty sure it's just because of Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson lol. I find that very little about anything that is going on makes much sense, but I'm just going with it I guess.

100% my exact same opinion.

Deleted member 96395

Alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
So Lady Loki is named Sylvie Luafeydottir. I presume she is not using Sylvie but Enchantress moniker, and this way MCU will probably merge two of these comic book characters into Lady Loki for the Cinematic Universe? What do you think?

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I had a grasp on everything. But I appear to have "forgotten" exactly where the other Loki variants would come from? If there's only one sacred time line, don't variants just branch from that? In which case they'd always look like "our" Loki?

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I had a grasp on everything. But I appear to have "forgotten" exactly where the other Loki variants would come from? If there's only one sacred time line, don't variants just branch from that? In which case they'd always look like "our" Loki?
I mentioned it last night, but I don't think the multiverse is exclusive to "one timeline" rather each multiverse has its own "sacred timeline" that the Keepers have dictated is the one true timeline when combined. I think those lokis are from different universes, and the TVA monitors the entire multiverse. I could be wrong, but that's how I reconciled that.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
I just saw that as Loki using his shape shifting abilities and creating branches with this differents forms and not necessarily cause they are from a different universe.
Edit:
example : the Blue Loki could be one that discovered he is a Frost giant before the events of Thor and thus considered a Variant.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i think we just have to accept that no explanation is going to satisfy some people

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is what I was saying last week when people thought multiverses didn't exist because of the one sacred timeline. The cartoon didn't say they didn't exist, they said they protect the timeline because time branches lead to the multiverse war. The other Lokis are from different multiverses that exist all within the same flow of time. That's why there was several of the Loki holograms they showed like the ogre looking one and such.

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017
I mentioned it last night, but I don't think the multiverse is exclusive to "one timeline" rather each multiverse has its own "sacred timeline" that the Keepers have dictated is the one true timeline when combined. I think those lokis are from different universes, and the TVA monitors the entire multiverse. I could be wrong, but that's how I reconciled that.
I just rewatched the Miss Minutes cartoon, where she confirms that the Time Keepers "reorganised the multiverse into a single timeline". Okay. I think I can accept that.

Edit: So, the act of a variant doing something they're not supposed to (ie committing a time crime, as Loki did) is independent from what Lady Loki is currently doing, which is travelling between multiverses. She just happens to be a variant. Confusing.

Last edited:

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I guess they could all have their own sacred timelines, but it makes more sense to me that there is only a single sacred timeline since they just prune the branches as they go regardless of which multiverse it occurs in. Less work that way

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just rewatched the Miss Minutes cartoon, where she conirms that the Time Keepers "reorganised the multiverse into a single timeline". Okay. I think I can accept that.

This confusion has to be intentional. Every instance of the word 'timeline' has been singular, not plural, but some things simply don't make sense unless the sacred timeline refers to a collection of multiple timelines.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I think just sitting down Hiddleston and Wilson at a table and letting their characters riff for a few minutes is better than 90% of superhero content that makes the screen. Both guys seem to really enjoy these characters.

Very impressed how the show has tackled a very goofy complex subject like Time travel and made it manageable in just a few episodes. They've also managed to strike a compelling mystery so bravo.

Variant Loki having the hair, traditional powerset, and glowing color scheme of the Enchantress can't be a coincidence, Marvel is probably leaning hard into the similarity for comic book fans.

Edit: TVA boss lady's name is Ravonna Renslayer. That's...interesting and in no way foreshadowing.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Avengers were supposed to return to the present with the stones. When or how they got the stones didn't matter because they negated each created branch by returning the stones and preserving the sacred timeline. The only branch that wasn't negated was the one in 2012 when Loki escaped, which is why the TVA intervened and reset it. Reseting it means that the events happened exactly as we saw them in The Avengers.
What about Steve going back to live his life with Carter? Shouldn't he be a variant?

Chopper

Oct 25, 2017

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I keep referring to the 2012 branch while including those other two items because Steve returned those other two items to the 2012 branch! It is the same branch that Loki traveled to the desert in! So what does it mean that the branch was erased? If you just mean those 2 minutes were erased, then did the TVA clone Loki & the tesseract to put them back in the ground floor of Stark tower? Otherwise this isn't making sense since 2012 Loki was arrested by the TVA and the tesseract was confiscated by them.
It absolutely does matter when or how they got the stones. Everything that has been said by the TVA, what they do, isn't lining up with everything we saw. In The Avengers movie, Steve went to go have lunch with his comrades. He didn't fight his future self thinking it was Loki in disguise. That happens in an alternate universe, one presented in the future during Avengers: Endgame, and as far as I know, the TVA didn't undo it. Which means the TVA did NOT reset the 2012 universe to make the events happen exactly as we saw them in The Avengers.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I just rewatched the Miss Minutes cartoon, where she confirms that the Time Keepers "reorganised the multiverse into a single timeline". Okay. I think I can accept that.

Edit: So, the act of a variant doing something they're not supposed to (ie committing a time crime, as Loki did) is independent from what Lady Loki is currently doing, which is travelling between multiverses. She just happens to be a variant. Confusing.
Yeah she's a variant that clearly has some stolen TVA tech, which lets her skip around at her leisure. so I would assume she was a variant that managed to escape custody like Loki failed to do

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
It absolutely does matter when or how they got the stones. Everything that has been said by the TVA, what they do, isn't lining up with everything we saw. In The Avengers movie, Steve went to go have lunch with his comrades. He didn't fight his future self thinking it was Loki in disguise. That happens in an alternate universe, one presented in the future during Avengers: Endgame, and as far as I know, the TVA didn't undo it. Which means the TVA did NOT reset the 2012 universe to make the evens happen exactly as we saw them in The Avengers.

That's what I don't get, why do you say that the TVA didn't undo it?

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
The events of Endgame just don't work with the additional information of what the TVA does. Either they're making shit up and retconning as it goes or the sacred timeline stuff is a sham.