• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
I'm kind of bummed theres going to be a season two in a weird way.

I REALLY want to see Loki return to the movies.
Apparently he is appearing in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness ,if What THR says here is correct

www.resetera.com

THR: Marvel Studios’ Loki renewed for Season 2, Loki is expected to appear in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Spoiler

THIS THREAD WILL LIKELY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON 1 FINALE IN THE DISCUSSION!! TURN BACK NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED LOKI SEASON 1!!!! Loki getting a second season was known for a while & was reaffirmed in the mid-credits scene of the season finale. The new news is that Loki will be in...

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All this nonsense because some fucking rat stepped on a button and saved Scott Lang.

Thanks, rat. You ruined everything.

It's actually even more bizarre than that. Strange saw fourteen million possible futures and only one where they defeated Thanos, but in reality the only future he was allowed to pursue was the one that Kang wanted him to. Every other possible future that Strange might have explored, the TVA would've just pruned.

Kinda nuts when you think about it.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually even more bizarre than that. Strange saw fourteen million possible futures and only one where they defeated Thanos, but in reality the only future he was allowed to pursue was the one that Kang wanted him to. Every other possible future that Strange might have explored, the TVA would've just pruned.

Kinda nuts when you think about it.

Knowing how far out Marvel thinks I wonder while they probably didn't have the TVA down yet I wonder if they had thought about the timeline back then.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I just started watching the fourth episode. Not sure if I like it. Every scene that is set in the TVA feels like it belongs in Legion. And everything else is an extremely low-budget Marvel movie. Would have probably skipped this one if Hiddleston wasn't in it.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of bummed theres going to be a season two in a weird way.

I REALLY want to see Loki return to the movies.

Given everything that happened at the end of this season, I think it's a fairly safe assumption that Loki and Sylvie will find their way into multiple MCU films in the next 3-4 years.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really follow youtube sites that review MCU..but the New Rockstars are an exception!
I started watching their stuff with this show, and I normally don't do this stuff either, but I like them. This last one got a little too "fan-fiction" for me, dude's just pulling stuff out of his ass to explain where things are heading - which is just a nitpick I guess, but he doesn't do a good enough job emphasizing that it's just his theory which I could see a lot of folks taking his theories as fact. It's mostly harmless though.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Knowing how far out Marvel thinks I wonder while they probably didn't have the TVA down yet I wonder if they had thought about the timeline back then.

Oh the TVA definitely didn't exist until they started production on Loki. Its very concept is just an expansion of what The Ancient One told Banner in Endgame. She literally referred to a singular timeline and how deviating from it would create branch realities, which is really no different to the Sacred Timeline and Variants except that there was no way The Ancient One would know that free will is a lie and everyone was playing a role written for them by the most horrific monster in the multiverse.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I started watching their stuff with this show, and I normally don't do this stuff either, but I like them. This last one got a little too "fan-fiction" for me, dude's just pulling stuff out of his ass to explain where things are heading - which is just a nitpick I guess, but he doesn't do a good enough job emphasizing that it's just his theory which I could see a lot of folks taking his theories as fact. It's mostly harmless though.

I don't mind him fan theorizing...I really just watch it for the easter eggs..I like to do the fan theories :)

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Do you think we'll see Thor and this Loki interact again? I would hate for Endgame to have been it.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Watched last night. A lot of exposition but for a Marvel junkie like me it was catnip. I knew it could not have been another Loki, episode 5 already basically defanged the concept of Loki as a mastermind altogether. Surprised to see them merge He Who Remains with Immortus but I dig it.

Thinking on Ravonna--she already knew she was a variant, right? She had a pen from her original versions' school. She was basically the ultimate TVA bureaucrat; she likely knew everything was a lie pretty early on and kept it going just because she needed to believe it was necessary. Really curious what she was given by Miss Minutes and how she's going to be connected to Kang going forward.

Actually, concerning Miss Minutes: in episode 2 when Loki asks if she's real or just a recording she responds with "kinda sorta both." He Who Remains had the entire timeline on a script, and was paving the road for Loki and Sylvie--so she probably basically is a recording of sorts. A smart recording maybe?

And then on He Who Remains "paving the road" for Loki and Sylvie... I'm thinking now that they didn't actually do anything wrong. I think He Who Remains "faked" their nexus events specifically to get them arrested by the TVA. Sylvie's whole life was destroyed because she needed to get to the Citadel with Loki.

I'm also kinda surprised that people think Sylvie did the wrong thing in the end. Will this lead to chaos and plenty of death at the hands of the endless supply of Kangs and other multiversal horrors? Sure. But He Who Remains wasn't any better, and could easily be framed as far worse. He was basically feeding an infinite amount of alternate timelines to a giant cloud monster... forever. A perpetual TVA could have a body count leagues above a multiversal war.

All said though I was kinda frustrated to see it end on a cliffhanger. I liked the shows having definitive endings like the films. Hopefully season 2 gives a satisfying conclusion.

...but I really don't see how there can be a conclusion to this story without coming up with a more permanent solution to Kang, and I can't see that *not* happening in an Avengers film considering how he's being set up. I guess we'll see.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are going a little too crazy on "the multiverse will effect everything" train. It'll be like the Infinity Stones were--important but not wholly encompassing. There will be more films and shows that don't involve it directly than those that do.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I think people are going a little too crazy on "the multiverse will effect everything" train. It'll be like the Infinity Stones were--important but not wholly encompassing. There will be more films and shows that don't involve it directly than those that do.
Yeah I tend to agree here. So far it's Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, and Ant-Man. Eternals, Shang-Chi, and Thor 99% most likely won't touch it.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Sorta off topic but was Booster Gold from DC in any way related to Kang? Like was one made in response to the other?

I don't think so. Booster was created decades later, and with a completely different (heroic but flawed) slant. If any DC character has a similar setup to early Kang, it would be Abra Kadabra.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Don't ever let it get to you if someone tells you to stop watching something just because you aren't enjoying it. That's your decision to make and you're entitled to spend your time watching or stop watching whatever you want. For what it's worth I kinda agree with you and Veelk - I was disappointed with both of the previous shows despite overall them being good experiences and I thought Loki would be the best. Turns out it is the opposite and not only is Loki the weakest but I wouldn't even call it a good show. It has its moments but as an overall package I didn't enjoy it all that much.

I guess I could understand the overall theme and where the show is making the narrative go in terms of the bigger MCU story, but as a self contained story it felt like a bunch of nothing a lot of the time. Not to mention the introduction of the TVA and how it added so much more dilution to the rules of time travel and multiverse that was already established in Endgame. I'm not going to get into it again now, but based on this thread and how there is always constant arguments over it even now is just proof in my opinion that this show harmed the storytelling more than added good to it

edit: with all of that being said though, I'm still happy to see how popular the show is among the general audience and I'm excited that interest in the MCU is still going on perpetually throughout this year

Oh yeah, I'll never listen to those "fans" same toxicity got that one IGN reviewer booted. I'll watch as I feel and report my thoughts no matter what people think.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Apparently he is appearing in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness ,if What THR says here is correct

www.resetera.com

THR: Marvel Studios’ Loki renewed for Season 2, Loki is expected to appear in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Spoiler

THIS THREAD WILL LIKELY CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON 1 FINALE IN THE DISCUSSION!! TURN BACK NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED LOKI SEASON 1!!!! Loki getting a second season was known for a while & was reaffirmed in the mid-credits scene of the season finale. The new news is that Loki will be in...

"Hiddleston's Loki character is also expected to also appear in the next Dr. Strange. (Marvel has yet to confirm whether or not that's happening)."

I'm not sure where they're getting this info, and it wouldn't make much sense unless it was another variant, and not prime Loki.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Random thought--is Alioth the most physically powerful being so far depicted in the MCU? I mean it's probably munched on more than a few Thanos over the course of He Who Remains' rule. The only other being I can think of that could hold a candle is Dormammu.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Random thought--is Alioth the most physically powerful being so far depicted in the MCU? I mean it's probably munched on more than a few Thanos over the course of He Who Remains' rule. The only other being I can think of that could hold a candle is Dormammu.

I don't even know if you can classify Alioth as a being anymore seems like more of a force of nature. I recall a time that Immortus himself turned into some kind of living tempest, reminded me of that.

The fact that Immortus was able to subjugate it and basically turn it into a guard dog says a lot though

Last edited:

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017

The thing is like a million infinity stones, but it doesn't have much of a will other than eat or has been lobotomized by He Who Remains

ceej

Mar 9, 2021
Reno, Nv.
I'm a sucker for exposition when it's well done, and I thought they did a good job with this episode. The weirdness and mystique of the TVA and the branches going past redline has been hanging out like Chekhov's Gun the whole season, I feel like we at least got some answers.

I loved the episode, I thought Jonathan Majors was great as well. This beats Wandavision IMHO, but I love both of them.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Bwah bwah bwah bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Bwah bwah bwah bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Bwah bwah bwah bwaaaaaaaaaaah bwaaaaaaaaah
and the theme just dashed through my head halfway through reading your rendition 🤣🤣🤣😂

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
latest

This was probably already brought up, but the plaque on the wall reveals Ravonna's real name to be "Rebecca Tourminet," which was one of Ravonna's aliases in the comics.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
what makes kang so powerful though? just tech and his brain? if people now know about him trying to manipulate shit doesnt that take away from his power?

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
what makes kang so powerful though? just tech and his brain? if people now know about him trying to manipulate shit doesnt that take away from his power?
Powerful is definitely not the description I'd use. He's more dangerous, unhinged, ruthless. His brain and his tech for sure make those things true, along with the fact that there are infinite iterations of him that are all - save for a few - just as dangerous, unhinged, and ruthless. Relentless is a good word too.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Even in the Marvel comics, Alioth is one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse. It's way more powerful than Galactus or any of the Celestials. It should be comparable to the Black Winter, another multiversal cosmic entity that consumes entire universes.

Flanker358

Oct 25, 2017
do you guys think it will be revealed that Ravonna let young Sylvie escape intentionally on He who remain's command?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
His tech and his intelligence. Imagine a future civilization so advanced they would be basically gods in our eyes, then triple that power. Kang might as well be a cosmic entity that embodies time itself.