• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
This is also a really good point that I and others keep forgetting.

That's been my whole point and I think you've explained it better than I could have. Like, no matter who it is behind the scenes, it's going to take a lot of legwork to explain the situation.

This is making me suspect that it doesn't really matter who it ends up being, to the point where it very well could be nobody at all behind the curtain and the TVA is just a self sustaining bureaucracy

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ep 1 is still my favorite because it introduced us to this TVA stuff, and I hope Ep 6 is just used to explain how all of this came to be.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's gonna be Immortus trying to ensure a timeline where he's born as Nathaniel and eventually turns into Kang and then Immortus.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about that. You'd still need to explain how the heck a Loki managed to create the TVA, the Time Keepers and all the technology being used and why Lokis magic doesn't work in the TVA if a Loki is the one running it. Then you need to explain why a Loki would want to even rule in shadow, when Loki is historically very theatrical and loves attention, and how he even came to be the architect of the story that all of time and space must follow.

Introducing a Loki that acts nothing like any Loki we've seen before would be no different to introducing an entirely new antagonist.
A Loki may have conjured up that over the top dark castle to draw in the most competent variants, very theatrical. They expected some would make it through, and plans to turn them into slaves using the most powerful enchantments, and they can help operate the TVA's technology behind the scenes. This is just meandering speculation but there are ways to potray theatricality with this set up. You can imagine them just waiting and gleefully mocking the protagonists.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Divorced of who it is, I think whatever season 2 shapes up to be is gonna be a lot different than people are expecting it to be. I just can't see this ending up Loki Vs Kang or Prime Ravonna for another 6 episodes.

I'm expecting a mostly clear conclusion with a new status quo and maybe even concept.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ep 1 is still my favorite because it introduced us to this TVA stuff, and I hope Ep 6 is just used to explain how all of this came to be.

1*OlY_7egaXZYKJu3QZYmANA.jpeg

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Not trying to be rude, but how would any of that be relevant to the protagonists' journeys?

In order to do that he is directly fucking over Loki every time hence why there's so many variants. Immortus needs Loki to die in the way he does to create a cascade of events that lead to his birth or something.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Not trying to be rude, but how would any of that be relevant to the protagonists' journeys?
I honestly think it could be more interesting if it's not relevant to the protagonists journey to really complete the Wizard of Oz circle they've built up through the series. The characters coming in to an anti-climactic leader that really doesn't give a shit about Lokis would be perfect. Give the leader a "for me it was tuesday" speech about why Sylvie was taken as a kid.

One thing I've kinda seen, but not a ton of is it could be a Thor. And a Thor that really doesn't want to be over shadowed by a good Loki - so like, Sylvie's Thor would be really cool.

But also I think these narrow theories that involve "keeping loki down" are kinda weird because the TVA is just so broad in its jurisdiction that it really doesn't play well with those theories.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think it could be more interesting if it's not relevant to the protagonists journey to really complete the Wizard of Oz circle they've built up through the series. The characters coming in to an anti-climactic leader that really doesn't give a shit about Lokis would be perfect. Give the leader a "for me it was tuesday" speech about why Sylvie was taken as a kid.

One thing I've kinda seen, but not a ton of is it could be a Thor. And a Thor that really doesn't want to be over shadowed by a good Loki - so like, Sylvie's Thor would be really cool.

This also plays along with what Classic Loki was saying about Loki's self importance and glorious purpose is all completely pointless. There is no glorious purpose, yes he's the god of mischief but in the cosmic scale he isn't important and it being Kang who has been fucking over Loki's for no discernable reasons would be the perfect wake up call to our Loki who's character is currently changing.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
This also plays along with what Classic Loki was saying about Loki's self importance and glorious purpose is all completely pointless. There is no glorious purpose, yes he's the god of mischief but in the cosmic scale he isn't important and it being Kang who has been fucking over Loki's for no discernable reasons would be the perfect wake up call to our Loki who's character is currently changing.
exactly, it plays into what we know about Loki's ego. He's nothing in this universe.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

But also I think these narrow theories that involve "keeping loki down" are kinda weird because the TVA is just so broad in its jurisdiction that it really doesn't play well with those theories.

They already did that Tuesday moment with Ravonna.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it would be entirely out of character for Loki to not pick up the tesseract. And it can't be something like Thor or the guards not doing what they're supposed to, because then they'd be the variants. The only alternative I can think of is that Loki was supposed to taunt or something instead of immediately teleporting, which could lead to his recapture. It'd be nice to know what Loki was supposed to do instead of speculating wildly.
Well if Tony was meant to obtain the tesseract in 2012, then maybe this time he decides not to grab a quick slice and goes out of the front door or something so he doesn't get knocked away by the Hulk. I don't know what's supposed to change to not trigger him to go into to the stairs' hallway, but this way the events of Endgame also remains unchanged since their mission is just to get the stones and return. He would miss getting to talk to his dad and getting the closure he deserves and maybe that would have an effect on the battlefield? Strange did say only one outcome gets them to victory against Thanos, and if that means each of Strange's 14 million visions also included the time travel journeys that the Avengers made, then this hypothetical resetting of events by the TVA would lead to doom anyway.
I think that we as fans always want more details but it may be impractical from a production and artistic intent point of view. This show is centered about Loki so the creators likely had to decide how to allocate their resources based on that. I too would love to get more details on Cap, 2014 Thanos, other alternate timelines and such but they would have been very expensive to film. You could do an exposition dump but you would have to devote valuable screen time to things that are largely irrelevant to this Loki's story. Ultimately creatives make decisions on what to include based on what works for the story and what is feasible to produce. We can of course criticize those decisions but my personal opinion is that so far they have chosen wisely.
If budget is the reason why we aren't seeing more of our questions answered then I feel like the budgets should just be bigger for these shows. WV, Falcon, and even Loki all broke some sort of Disney+ record I'm pretty sure, and Falcon went as far as topping Mandalorian which was Disney+'s previous biggest hit. The MCU alone has become the biggest Hollywood franchise of all time. I think the sad and boring reality is that because I find the show to be so flawed and problematic that I'm just not a big fan of it unfortunately. I was excited for it just like I was for the previous shows, but Loki might be by far the worst so far and I might even say one of the worst MCU properties as well. It still isn't over yet, so I'll reserve full judgement till the end.
Oh wow yeah Ralph Bohner was... Yikes. That was a very bad faith move I think.
Yeah, that twist ruined the show for me. The worst part of an otherwise great series

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a play of someone trying to escape their destiny versus someone trying reinforce their own by any means necessarily. It's a good contrast

It would be extremely fucking hard to capture that in one episode.

This is an MCU that like, sheared off Thanos courting death and being an Eternal. People expecting Immortus and Iron Lad are gonna be disappointed.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It would be extremely fucking hard to capture that in one episode.

This is an MCU that like, sheared off Thanos courting death and being an Eternal. People expecting Immortus and Iron Lad are gonna be disappointed.
Except we have a season 2 and multiple movies to build it across. Great thing about this being a tv show

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Are we assuming that limbo planet is only populated by Lokis? I thought it was populated by anyone who has ever been pruned?

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
If budget is the reason why we aren't seeing more of our questions answered then I feel like the budgets should just be bigger for these shows. WV, Falcon, and even Loki all broke some sort of Disney+ record I'm pretty sure, and Falcon went as far as topping Mandalorian which was Disney+'s previous biggest hit. The MCU alone has become the biggest Hollywood franchise of all time. I think the sad and boring reality is that because I find the show to be so flawed and problematic that I'm just not a big fan of it unfortunately. I was excited for it just like I was for the previous shows, but Loki might be by far the worst so far and I might even say one of the worst MCU properties as well. It still isn't over yet, so I'll reserve full judgement till the end.

That's ok, if it doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you, I'm sure we all have examples of media that others love but left us cold. For me it worked pretty much on every level, I would easily place it among the top ten of MCU projects. Differences in opinion is why talking about media is so interesting.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I have a feeling the ending is actually going to reveal the architect is a Prime Hiddleston Loki, and the one we have been seeing all these years is actually a "lesser" version of himself, but the lesser one will best the prime in the end, but shouldn't of been allowed too, and will create cascading paradoxes.

I also thought it was really cool that classic loki mentioned he isn't good with weapons but focuses on magic; and was powerful enough with it to create an illusionary Asgard - which is also kind of sad that he has all this power, but he really just misses home.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I also thought it was really cool that classic loki mentioned he isn't good with weapons but focuses on magic; and was powerful enough with it to create an illusionary Asgard - which is also kind of sad that he has all this power, but he really just misses home.
This right here is why the "It's old loki" theories fall flat for me. Old Loki's arc was perfect.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
It's the latter for sure. Hence the big ship showing up. I think the idea according to Old Loki is that "Loki's know how to survive"

Ok, because I've been under the assumption that the villain's plot doesn't actually have anything to do with Loki specifically, like there's a grander plan that Loki is going to throw a wrench at.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling the ending is actually going to reveal the architect is a Prime Hiddleston Loki, and the one we have been seeing all these years is actually a "lesser" version of himself, but the lesser one will best the prime in the end, but shouldn't of been allowed too, and will create cascading paradoxes.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards it being a Hiddleston Loki since it would be a reveal that works with all the characters they've established. I don't see them revealing the big bad and it being a character we have no connection to. You could have one of these:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm leading towards no one leading the TVA- it's just a bureaucracy running on autopilot. But Loki and/or Silvie have an opportunity to take over once the reach the end of time.

it would be interesting to see how this plays out. Has Loki truly changed or was he feigning growth so that he could achieve his ultimate goal to take over the TVA- another trick from the god of mischief.

or maybe Silvie moves to take over the TVA. Lokies typically stab everyone they love in the back. Silvie has never had an opportunity to do that. But now that she has bonded with Loki, here's her chance to do the thing that "makes a Loki a Loki.

a happy ending (for me) would be that neither of these things happen, the TVA is destroyed, Loki and Enchantress live to go on more escapades together and the after credits show the Kang Empire moving in to fill in the power vaccum left by the TVA (who they'd been having territorial disputes with)

I'm less partial to the idea that a Loki variant is running the show, but it's possible. If they go this route, I wonder if it'll be another 2012 variant waiting for a 2012 variant to come take the throne- like he's predestined to do. If this is the case. I hope our current Lokies decide to break tradition and destroy the hierarchy. The sudden explosion of free will and chaos in the multiverse would set us on the path to Kang.

I really like your illustrations and theory. Iirc, in the comic There were multiple competing time authorities, including TVA and Kang Empire. Perhaps they were managing different "cables" before the worlds collide event. This Loki story could be a good lead off for Marvel to introduce newly acquired properties and have a narrative explanation for why they didn't coexist before.

Last edited:

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I still can't believe they managed to make Classic Loki's arc hit so hard in only one episode. Just really wonderful character work.

This show has definitely become one of my top MCU projects they've made and I'm happy to see its increased viewership numbers on Disney+ compared to WV and F&WS that came before, so I guess lots of other people must be jiving with it too!

Does anyone else think Sylvie was a bit suspicious? Her expressions or the way she talked with Loki just made me think she might try to do something drastic/unexpected idk

ravn0s

Oct 29, 2017
I will be disappointed if it just ends up being another Loki behind it all.

The best option would be Kang but even something out of left field would be better than another Loki.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Apparently one of Marvel Japan's Tweets suggests a
betrayal
in the last episode, but it doesn't narrow it down much with the cast.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently one of Marvel Japan's Tweets suggests a
betrayal
in the last episode, but it doesn't narrow it down much with the cast.
We've all been operating under the assumption that Sylvie was taken because she wants to be good, but what if she's actually super evil and that's a problem for the TVA?

I'd hate it, but I could see them doing it.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
This show also has dealed with an overarching theme like wandavision(grievance) and fatws(self acceptance) before that is isolation. Something to keep in mind when speculating.

A Loki, living in a castle at the end of time in control of the TVA hasn't succeeded if he is still alone, disconnected from everyone else, while our Loki who has succeeded with both Mobius and Silvie becoming friends, would fit the theme.

Our Loki opting out of becoming all powerful somehow and choosing to be with Silvie would fit that theme also.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
It's a play of someone trying to escape their destiny versus someone trying reinforce their own by any means necessarily. It's a good contrast
I appreciate the effort of dipicting a contrast to the characters. But I guess for pacings' sake you would thread some of Kang's alter egos or personas, Nathaniel, Immortus, throughtout the protagonists' journey, before dramatically converging them and doing a character reveal. That might make me appreciate the mystery pay off more if the character appears in the finale.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
No matter who the mastermind is, they're going to be a new character, even if they're a variant of an existing character.

----

I wonder what happened to Hunter C-20.

Is she being kept captive like Hunter B-15 is, or was she pruned?

I've also realized that while the TVA saying people pruned are "dead" isn't *technically* true, it basically is. Alioth is so dangerous that it's nearly a forgone conclusion.

Which actually makes the TVA even more cruel than first presented--being pruned or reset looks like a swift "death".... but they are then dropped in some sort of horrible apocalyptic nightmare world where they are food for a gigantic cloud monster.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why doesn't the TVA just kill people outright again?

I'm not sure they can. Nexus events give off vast amounts of energy, right? Enough to be spotted across all of space and time. So what if that energy is being harnessed and so the TVA isn't allowed to kill Variants at all, only send them to the end of time where their "nexus energy" can be absorbed and then used? 🤔

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless of course it was mobius all along

I'd be fine with that. Stark did use the Möbius strip to figure out time travel, after all, so it'd be kinda cool if there was some connection there. Like maybe Mobius was the first time traveler and he used a jetski to do it. When he realised how dangerous unrestricted time travel was, maybe he established the TVA to keep an eye on things and he entrusted the day-to-day running of it to his many Variants from across the multiverse because you can only trust yourself.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Looks like there's a shot of an all gold Loki in a trailer that we haven't seen yet

It's looking like the mastermind is a Hiddleston Loki. It would make sense as others stated with the theme of changing your destiny while fighting the one who wants to to remain set