• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish this was 2 episodes. The multi Loki plot was the most interesting thing so far to me. Also, Classic Loki's death wouldve hit harder, Kid Loki wouldve had something to do and there was a more believable reason everyone found each other. I still liked the episode, just left me wanting more.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The part where people are still going "yes the sacred timeline is a thing that isn't horseshit" has me confused. Everything about the TVA is a lie so it stands to reason that the sacred timeline is too, along with any "loopholes" wherein the TVA didn't intervene.

The sacred timeline is whatever the tva says it is.

Horseshit in the sense that they shouldn't get to predetermine everything about everyone. But there's no reason to believe that their isn't someone in control who wants things to be a certain way, and calls that "sacred"

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If the final boss is indeed Immortus, and since Immortus is Kang, he would be played by Jonathan Majors, yes?
Not necessarily, Kang/Immortus have had many faces over the years, comes from being many instances of the same person. It's the same as the Loki variation sometimes Kang's look the same sometimes they look drastically different. Being from the far future means they have alteration tech too. Also Immortus tends to be older than Kang

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
Richard E Grant looks alot like James Woods, my initial reaction was, "why the hell would they hire that asshole?"

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea theres usually at least 3 different versions of Immortus/Kang/Iron Lad. So Marvel could cast 3 different actors for each depending on the situation. Iron Lad is of course a Young Avenger, Kang is sometimes a friend and sometimes a foe, and Immortus is an old dude lol.

I dont see them being behind this. I could seer the TVA lady being another Loki variant or something, keeping control over the TVA after killing the time lords or whoever they were.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yea theres usually at least 3 different versions of Immortus/Kang/Iron Lad. So Marvel could cast 3 different actors for each depending on the situation. Iron Lad is of course a Young Avenger, Kang is sometimes a friend and sometimes a foe, and Immortus is an old dude lol.

I dont see them being behind this. I could seer the TVA lady being another Loki variant or something, keeping control over the TVA after killing the time lords or whoever they were.
TVA lady is Ravonna Renslayer, Kang's bride/rival/sometimes partial motivation. Definitely not a Loki. Only real question is she working for Kang yet? Is she infiltrating the TVA on his orders? Or is she just a power seeker

sandyph

Oct 31, 2017
The show does a poor job of explaining it, but there are multiple universes. Sylvie/Boastful/Alligator are not variants because they are different, but because they did something different from the script that the TVA has laid out. Not really clear what Sylvie's grievous sin is, but we've seen the TVA prune people for things as minor as clocking in late at work.

kids Sylvie was playing as good guys with her toys, just like what Kid Loki said, whenever a loki tried to better him/her self, TVA comes and swoop them in

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
kids Sylvie was playing as good guys with her toys, just like what Kid Loki said, whenever a loki tried to better him/her self, TVA comes and swoop them in

I totally missed that detail about Sylvia. Thanks for pointing that out, because I was confused as to why playing with toys would have tagged her as a variant.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Man this show is so good. It scratches the same itches that Doctor Who did. I saw a video talking about the origins of Kang and they mentioned he flew in a giant Sphinx ship in the old comics. Wasn't there a Sphinx hanging out in the end of episode 5?

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
Man this show is so good. It scratches the same itches that Doctor Who did. I saw a video talking about the origins of Kang and they mentioned he flew in a giant Sphinx ship in the old comics. Wasn't there a Sphinx hanging out in the end of episode 5?
Yes his in Rama Tut version. And I believe Alioth the giant cloud is what keeps him from traveling further back than that. Its too many hints all at once that if he isnt in it in some form, Marvel studios is kinda shitting on comics fans, openly making them look dumb. This isnt Mephisto, these are open, blantant purposeful nods to Kang. Ravonna could have been Rebecca Smith and Alioth didnt need a name at all. But no they chose what they chose. Itll be the exact same as the Ralph Boner "joke".. why?
marvel.fandom.com

Nathaniel Richards (Rama-Tut) (Earth-6311)

This article covers Nathaniel Richards' incarnation as Rama-Tut. For other incarnations of Richards, see Iron Lad, Kid Immortus, the Scarlet Centurion, Kang the Conqueror, Immortus, and Mister Gryphon. 36 appearance(s) of Nathaniel Richards (Rama-Tut) (Earth-6311) 7 appearance(s) in handbook(s)...

Last edited:

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
The Loki brawl was hilarious. I burst out laughing anytime someone said 'About that ..'

Seeing the leader of the opposing group, I now miss shady Loki. Tom Hiddleston being sneaky and evil is the best Loki.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping the man behind the curtain isn't just another Loki.

dont know about everyone else but I want my big new villain reveal after not getting that with Wandavision lol

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I don't want a villain reveal, simply because it would have to be either Mobius or Sylvie to finish Loki's arc within the story, and because it would likely mean either of the three would have to die/disappeared. And I don't want ANY of that. Dangit, Marvel.

Just.. let everyone go home this time :/

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Mobius is safe. You can't have a death fakeout and then kill them off for real a few episodes later.

*Looks at Walking Dead*

Ok, you can't be a GOOD show and have a death fakeout and then kill someone off for real a few episodes later.

Sylvie is probably a goner though.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Mobius is safe. You can't have a death fakeout and then kill them off for real a few episodes later.

*Looks at Walking Dead*

Ok, you can't be a GOOD show and have a death fakeout and then kill someone off for real a few episodes later.

Yeah hoping for more Mobius during season 2.

SP33Dl2acer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What if Matt Damon as an actual Loki variant is the big bad? Totally not happening, but would love to see it.

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I don't want a villain reveal, simply because it would have to be either Mobius or Sylvie to finish Loki's arc within the story, and because it would likely mean either of the three would have to die/disappeared. And I don't want ANY of that. Dangit, Marvel.

Just.. let everyone go home this time :/
It doesnt need any of that... every indication is there will be at least a 2nd season of Loki. The villian at the center if its Kang, Sylvie Renslayer, Immortus or Mobius doesnt need to be defeated and very likely wont be. Thats for season 2 or 3 as is the finishing of Loki's arc. Thats how tv works outside of miniseries like Wanadavison and Falcon. Everything doesnt need a tidy bow on wednesday otherwise there is no story to tell in march or whenever.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Does sound assuredly that the creator/author of the TVA, is a supreme, totally unethical Loki, who chooses to wipe out varaints that represent their own potential redemption or what sets them back.

I guess they will say a line like 'Did you expect anyone else?' aware that's it's an obvious reveal to the characters.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
It doesnt need any of that... every indication is there will be at least a 2nd season of Loki. The villian at the center if its Kang, Sylvie Renslayer, Immortus or Mobius doesnt need to be defeated and very likely wont be. Thats for season 2 or 3 as is the finishing of Loki's arc. Thats how tv works outside of miniseries like Wanadavison and Falcon. Everything doesnt need a tidy bow on wednesday otherwise there is no story to tell in march or whenever.
I keep telling me this, but I'll believe it when I see it :D

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
from reddit, here are the shots from trailers we haven't seen in the show yet
6dokv6hsit971.jpg
Whilst I'd love to see Kang, this is certainly making me suspect Loki is behind it all. Hopefully Kang still appears to some extent though.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

*Looks at Walking Dead*

nah, both Sylvie and Loki is safe. Marvel make the effort to distinguish her as Sylvie which specialize in enchantment magic. basically in MCU, Enchantress is female variant of Loki. similar Ultimate Jessica Drew, which in Ultimave universe is a female clone of Peter Parker.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
But what constitutes a branched reality? The entire universe or only what's different from the original?

I'm not arguing that they don't send entire realities to the void. I'm arguing what IS an entire reality branch. Based on what we've seen, I'd argue that the entirety of a reality branch is only that which is different from the original. Depending on the size of the nexus event, that could range from a person to a room to a renaissance fair to entire planets or on the rare occasion an entire universe theoretically.

This measure of scope in pruning would also conveniently explain the reason for a critical mass of a branch before it becomes a multiversal problem...eventually, the range and scope of changes get too large to be pruned.
This post is correct.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Part of why I really don't like this show is that too much of it is expositional and calls into question the events of previous installments in this franchise. Endgame is arguably the most important installment, and the newest storytelling concept (time travel) is a major factor of this tv show. Some of the questions I had from episode 2 onward are still muddy in the waters with both what we have seen, and what we have been told (through dialogue).

Honestly, the show effectively cements the time travel logic established in previous installments, including Endgame. This issue is that many in the audience have never understood the explanation in the first place.

The logic in this show is exactly as it was in Endgame: An event cannot be undone. Once it happens in a timeline, it is set in stone. However, new realities can be created that have parallel histories, but differing futures. Also, there are infinite realities, and sometimes the beings within them take an action that causes its future to head on a path the TVA deems unacceptable. The point where the future of a reality differs problematically, is considered a Nexus Event by the TVA.

In Endgame, the Avengers generally only created minor deviations- they returned the stones to exactly when they took them, so the future of these new realities wouldn't differ much.

But that wasn't the case for the reality where Loki escaped New York in 2012. So the TVA arrested Loki and erased that reality. (Notice how the TVA kept the space stone, rather than return it to its rightful place in time... these timelines aren't being reset, they are being destroyed)

When Sylvie first escaped the TVA, the TVA initially stayed on her tail, because unlike the Avengers she didn't take care to avoid causing futures to differ. Then she learned to only travel to places where her presence wouldn't have meaningful impact on the future of a reality.

Honestly, I'm really appreciative of the time mechanic chosen for Endgame and how the mechanic is being used to tell more stories.

I just think it's inherently hard to explain this artistically liberal take on "many-worlds" to a general audience. It's tough wrap someones head around the concept of infinity, especially when limited to 2D diagrams.

Last edited:

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
I support this theory behind some Loki variant behind it all. So far each variant has had the intention or reason to end the TVA in some way and what if one of them succeeded and is looking to prevent any other variants from usurping that control.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
I wonder if they make the main villain lower tier in the tv series so they can keep bigger name villains in the back pocket for feature length films.

Edit: replaced "boring"

Last edited:

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you're right she was great. Flag smashers...eh...
I don't know in the comics but I feel Agent Walker should have been the main antagonist, I know they were trying say he was just a product of corrupt America or something but I didn't think they did a great job selling the overall story. So imo FatWS could have had a great villian.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
With the setup that there is a Loki that was able to trick thanos and avoid his death, maybe main timeline Loki still lives. TVA got him for something after infinity war and he was able to take the TVA over and he is fucking with them for shits and giggles like when he was disguised as Odin in Asgard.

Maybe he even tried to undo the snap by himself which triggered the TVA to show up. Maybe he wasn't on the ship with the Asgardians at all and he just mastered his illusions during Ragnarok to become better at tricking Thor. Maybe he just snatched all these Loki's to learn their different abilities.

Aki

Mar 20, 2020
With the setup that there is a Loki that was able to trick thanos and avoid his death, maybe main timeline Loki still lives. TVA got him for something after infinity war and he was able to take the TVA over and he is fucking with them for shits and giggles like when he was disguised as Odin in Asgard.

Maybe he even tried to undo the snap by himself which triggered the TVA to show up. Maybe he wasn't on the ship with the Asgardians at all and he just mastered his illusions during Ragnarok to become better at tricking Thor. Maybe he just snatched all these Loki's to learn their different abilities.

That would just be cheap though

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

Perhaps it's just a representative Loki, one that embraces complete dominion and has cast aside any distracting attachments. That would be why it's so crucial that Sylvie and protagonist Loki must defeat this representative together.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
The chamber "king Loki" is in looks quite different from what is presumably the castle interior. It looks like a throne on Asgard, and the people in the frame look like Asgardians. We've already gone back there for a time loop. I expect we'll go back again.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
That would just be cheap though

Not saying it would be my preferred outcome, but with under 50 minutes left for revealing the true villain and his motivations, fighting him, taking a look at Mobius and the TVA and some form of Epiloge, a big reveal of someone unknown to the general audience is probably not gonna happen and a random evil Loki variant would anticlimactic.

Until now the prior shows also had none special cameo appearances at the end(like dr strange in wandavision or old man cap in falcon and winter soldier were possibilies).

With our main McU Loki being at the top, it would stay true to the shows name and would bring in someone we already know.

It's just some guessing based on what we've seen, and some Easter eggs shouldn't be taken as evidence that it's x or z, otherwise Thanos will be coming in with his helicopter.

Also cheap endings have been the name of the game for 100% of the MCU Disney plus shows so far so I keep my hopes for something better in check.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the show effectively cements the time travel logic established in previous installments, including Endgame. This issue is that many in the audience have never understood the explanation in the first place.

The logic in this show is exactly as it was in Endgame: An event cannot be undone. Once it happens in a timeline, it is set in stone. However, new realities can be created that have parallel histories, but differing futures. Also, there are infinite realities, and sometimes the beings within them take an action that causes its future to head on a path the TVA deems unacceptable. The point where the future of a reality differs problematically, is considered a Nexus Event by the TVA.

In Endgame, the Avengers generally only created minor deviations- they returned the stones to exactly when they took them, so the future of these new realities wouldn't differ much.

But that wasn't the case for the reality where Loki escaped New York in 2012. So the TVA arrested Loki and erased that reality. (Notice how the TVA kept the space stone, rather than return it to its rightful place in time... these timelines aren't being reset, they are being destroyed)

When Sylvie first escaped the TVA, the TVA initially stayed on her tail, because unlike the Avengers she didn't take care to avoid causing futures to differ. Then she learned to only travel to places where her presence wouldn't have meaningful impact on the future of a reality.

Honestly, I'm really appreciative of the time mechanic chosen for Endgame and how the mechanic is being used to tell more stories.

I just think it's inherently hard to explain this artistically liberal take on "many-worlds" to a general audience. It's tough wrap someones head around the concept of infinity, especially when limited to 2D diagrams.
Early on in the show when one or two episodes premiered, the conversations I had in this thread (something you mentioned again just now which I have bolded) had people saying that the 2012 timeline that Tony, Scott, Steve, and Bruce created by traveling there was pruned/reset after the TVA caught Loki in the desert. I found that problematic for two reasons. #1, if pruning/resetting the timeline means erasing it from existence, then it would have been impossible for Steve to travel back there a second time to return the time stone and Loki's scepter. #2, this would also mean that the Ancient One was right in her instinct not to trust Bruce, since her reality was doomed to become nothingness

edit: so in short, I disagree that the logic established in Endgame are consistent with this show. we never even see any of the alternate timelines again but enough has changed in them that I wouldn't call them minor deviations either, whether or not the Avengers intended for them to happen.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
The chamber "king Loki" is in looks quite different from what is presumably the castle interior. It looks like a throne on Asgard, and the people in the frame look like Asgardians. We've already gone back there for a time loop. I expect we'll go back again.
I suppose they could be visions, to tempt Loki, what he can achieve if he takes the place of supreme Loki, no longer just a variant, and he decides the sacred timeline, to make these visions part of it. Apparently Lokis always survives.. and being supreme Loki could be his way to achieve that. Something Sylvie is tempted too, she can establish the sacred timeline and take back her childhood, she has a quick fix, but they reject this power.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Also in Endgame, didn't the Ancient One say that branches only happen when an Infinity Stone is involved? Even if the TVA is lying, that's clearly not the case.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I don't know, having it be someone who views Loki as a minor pest beneath him to be squashed whenever threatened doesn't need much background. Someone who's not a Loki who's seeking their own purpose doesn't need much. Plus season 2