• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
But he peaced out the timeline in 2012 right? He can always come back and avoid being Thanos neck-snapped for real without fucking up that one timeline (Dr Strange intensifies).
As soon as he did something that would have interfered with the timeline the TVA took him.
As for the main Loki of this show he doesn't need to do that, his timeline is gone and the TVA is probably not gonna be around after this, or at least not with the same role, so if our new Loki survives this show he can just go off wherever he wants.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
If Loki ends with a Loki in the "main" MCU universe, do you want the Loki from the end of Ragnarok (D+ Loki steps in and takes his place and dies by Thanos), or the D+ Loki?

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
All this talk of Kang and Immortus made me delve into wikis for more Kang info and...well, that was a mistake.

I am now even more confused than I was at the start, where I thought I had a pretty good idea who Kang was. I was apparently only like, 3/10s correct

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly have no idea how next weeks episode will end. I know there's a season 2 but I don't know how much longer Tom Huddleston wants to keep playing Loki.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
All this talk of Kang and Immortus made me delve into wikis for more Kang info and...well, that was a mistake.

I am now even more confused than I was at the start, where I thought I had a pretty good idea who Kang was. I was apparently only like, 3/10s correct

That's why this show did what it did with Loki, to make it easier for viewers to get who Kang is. There are many versions of him and they're (mostly) essentially "variants" of a person named Nathaniel Richards from the future.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
If it's a Loki, it's a Loki being manipulated by Immortus :3

So good
Screw that. If we are getting a Kang. Give me Rama-Tut.

The pyramids and the sphinx were in this episode after all.

1GDN9j-650n0L5ZabIsWPrdPMMJGE8qWsihQJaajHp2b0AwrQ49tkQ6W97geOjxBKGkgX6o07lz5VtFzYSEMdDs4xrdDskGWvdaGTzZea5Qs_Ok

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
BTW, I think this episode dropped a clue of something off with the TVA that might've been missed.

Classic Loki said that he was able to escape and live completely fine on the planet he went to, and that the TVA ONLY came for him the instant he attempted to leave the planet.

This doesn't make much sense, because Classic Loki would have already altered the timeline when he dodged Thanos killing him. But the TVA didn't seem to care.

This seems to make it obvious that the TVA isn't pruning Loki variants for them messing with the timeline, but - as Kid Loki implies later in the episode - truly pruning Loki variants that attempt to be successful, good, or otherwise make something positive with their life that can help others. Classic Loki was remorseful and wanted to do something positive, but the TVA stopped him from leaving his seclusion so he couldn't impact others in a positive way.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I honestly have no idea how next weeks episode will end. I know there's a season 2 but I don't know how much longer Tom Huddleston wants to keep playing Loki.
Dude is one the Executive Producers, meaning he's making bank off this more than just his acting contract. Also actors don't usually become executive producers of properties they plan on leaving soon.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Could be worse, look up the squadron Supreme, they have as many variants as Kang does, in fact it's a long running joke
That's why this show did what it did with Loki, to make it easier for viewers to get who Kang is. There are many versions of him and they're (mostly) essentially "variants" of a person named Nathaniel Richards from the future.
Who may be named Nathaniel Richards. That's a fun part XD

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I feel like pruning Thanos would be very difficult since they are on batons that require hand to hand combat. Doing that against Thanos would seem unwise. He would easily destroy the minutemen and take over the TVA wouldn't he?

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like pruning Thanos would be very difficult since they are on batons that require hand to hand combat. Doing that against Thanos would seem unwise. He would easily destroy the minutemen and take over the TVA wouldn't he?

Pruning Thanos without the time stone would be super easy, barely an inconvenience, because the same device can just super slow-mo him from a single touch then prune him.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad rn. This is the first MCU show I just don't like. I loved the previous two and I like-to-love the movies.

I think I just don't know enough about the source material. The show in a vacuum is falling flat for me.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad rn. This is the first MCU show I just don't like. I loved the previous two and I like-to-love the movies.

I think I just don't know enough about the source material. The show in a vacuum is falling flat for me.

That's fine tho ?

Some people hated Wanda, some people hated Falcon.

The goal isn't to hit a home run with everyone it's to get a lot of variety to please everyone with at least something.

Not everything is gonna appeal to everybody.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's fine tho ?

Some people hated Wanda, some people hated Falcon.

The goal isn't to hit a home run with everyone it's to get a lot of variety to please everyone with at least something.

Not everything is gonna appeal to everybody.
Oh totally! I just feel weird because my friends and roomies all love the show. Makes me feel like I am missing something.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Why are they hiding the special comic book bullshit at the end of time?!

I know it's cuz we pay more to see the crap in between but still!

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Oh totally! I just feel weird because my friends and roomies all love the show. Makes me feel like I am missing something.

They like the overall atmosphere and the cast ?

I have issues with the writing but even I can see the appeal there.

Last episode was pretty fun tho.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017

This is where Screencrush becomes my go to after the episodes.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Kang will be the next big villain when we know Dr. Doom is also on his way.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
This was an amazing episode, but Thanoscoptor is the most amazing thing they have ever done. I was too busy laughing my ass off to pay attention for like five minutes.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Sylvie/Loki: HELL YEAH GET IT ON!

Step brother/sister thumbnails: OH HELL NO!

Even if they are both Loki's doesn't mean they are biologically the same, just a dimensional counterpart. Look at all the wildly different Lokis on that planet. They are all Loki but don't necessarily share the same DNA. "Into the Spider-Verse" is proof of that as well.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, I think this episode dropped a clue of something off with the TVA that might've been missed.

Classic Loki said that he was able to escape and live completely fine on the planet he went to, and that the TVA ONLY came for him the instant he attempted to leave the planet.

This doesn't make much sense, because Classic Loki would have already altered the timeline when he dodged Thanos killing him. But the TVA didn't seem to care.

This seems to make it obvious that the TVA isn't pruning Loki variants for them messing with the timeline, but - as Kid Loki implies later in the episode - truly pruning Loki variants that attempt to be successful, good, or otherwise make something positive with their life that can help others. Classic Loki was remorseful and wanted to do something positive, but the TVA stopped him from leaving his seclusion so he couldn't impact others in a positive way.

Not necessarily. I think the TVA is just limited in their ability to detect when a person in the universe does something their not supposed to. They can only detect it once the errant behavior actually starts altering the broader timeline in a way that could change pre-determined events. That's why hiding in the shadow of apocalyptic events works. When Classic Loki was stranded alone on a planet after faking his own death, he had already caused a slight divergence from the Sacred Timeline, but it wasn't big enough for the TVA to notice. He wasn't impacting anything else in the broader universe, he may as well have been hiding in an apocalypse. But once he decided to leave the planet and seek out Thor, that started bending that branch towards the Red Line. That's when the TVA ultimately noticed that he'd survived in secret for years, and hunted him down.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Dude is one the Executive Producers, meaning he's making bank off this more than just his acting contract. Also actors don't usually become executive producers of properties they plan on leaving soon.
Yup, probably a way to get him on board. I'm sure he is the highest paid of all the Disney Plus stars.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018

Well he faked his death and ran away and hid. So from the view of everyone else in the universe nothing actually changed. Him running away and hiding and choosing not to interact with anyone was basically no different than him being dead. And the moment he did something to change that and would actually change things they grabbed him.

Which also plays into his ending this episode where he initially runs away from the big bad but this time he comes back and actually fights for something.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Sylvie finds a dark version of herself who embraced the TVA's ideology, embraced isolation, enforced the barriers and control over the variants. She predicts eveything Loki and her younger self can do. She tries to enchant younger Sylvie into taking her place, but Loki manages to achieve a enchantment or a shared one, taking her off guard, the main Sylvie defeats her and overcomes her dark counterpart.

Perhaps like Monsters Inc and the TVA gets repurposed, all the pieces are designed for her to use, they can strive to become a helpful organisation that can cameo in the main films like Time Criminal Investigators or whatver. Maybe then Renslayer makes her exit, and a new villian has an interest in her inside knowledge.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I mean it's really both, because Kid Loki is still the dude that killed his timeline's Thor

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Sylvie finds a dark version of herself who embraced the TVA's ideology, embraced isolation, enforced the barriers and control over the variants. She predicts eveything Loki and her younger self can do. She tries to enchant younger Sylvie into taking her place, but Loki manages to achieve a enchantment or a shared one, taking her off guard, the main Sylvie defeats her and overcomes her dark counterpart.

Perhaps like Monsters Inc and the TVA gets repurposed, all the pieces are designed for her to use, they can strive to become a helpful organisation that can cameo in the main films like Time Criminal Investigators or whatver. Maybe then Renslayer makes her exit, and a new villian has an interest in her inside knowledge.
I like this.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Well he faked his death and ran away and hid. So from the view of everyone else in the universe nothing actually changed. Him running away and hiding and choosing not to interact with anyone was basically no different than him being dead. And the moment he did something to change that and would actually change things they grabbed him.

Which also plays into his ending this episode where he initially runs away from the big bad but this time he comes back and actually fights for something.
I don't think he ever planned to run away after he saw Loki and Slyie together. He had a certain smile that Grant uses when a character has a plan that isn't spoken.

I think Classic Loki always planned to cause the distraction. He called all Loki's broken. He called them animals.

Then he saw two who could do what he would have done if he was allowed. Not be the God of Mischief and Lies. To be the God of Stories.

No more backstabbing, no more hate. So he gave them thier chance, he even called it his "Glorious Purpose"

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't it for the greater good or something ? Kid Loki's story was tragic iirc.

Old Loki set the stage for his own death and rebirth so that he could finally cast his old role aside. He was revived as Kid Loki, and was a blank slate who could write his own story. But a facsimile of the Old Loki was still around. And he arranged a situation that would allow Mephisto to gain all power and remake the universe unless Kid Loki willingly sacrificed his soul and let the facsimile of Old Loki take control of his body. Before Kid Loki goes through with it, he goes to see Thor and speaks around the issue, and tries to get Thor to promise to kill him should he seemingly go evil again. Thor refuses. Kid Loki returns to Old Loki, calls him out for his bullshit, and erases his soul, allowing Old Loki to take control of Kid Loki's body. It was only after the deed was done that Old Loki realized what a terrible thing he had done.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017

You are allowed to not like something, an MCU thing too!

I mean it's really both, because Kid Loki is still the dude that killed his timeline's Thor
Yes, but Loki is "destined" to help the Avengers. That's what Renslayer said. By killing Thor - that's too far and goes against the sacred timeline.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
This is the best of the MCU D+ shows by a huge margin so far. I really hope they don't fuck up the landing.

Truly fantastic.

I want to talk about how great the episode itself was but I'm still trying to get over the fact that we just got live action Throg and the Thanos-Copter in the MCU.

I want everyone to imagine someone telling you that after you got home from watching the first Iron man in the theater.
I laughed so hard at the Thanoscopter. And then Throg shows up a couple seconds later and I had to pause the video, I was so done lol.

Owen Wilson and Richard E. Grant discussing whether Alligator Loki is real is so hilarious.
"He is green, isn't he?"

Bro, this is your evidence? This is the best you got?

That was the Quantum Realm at the end, wasn't it? Holy shit.
No? The Quantum Realm is always fractals, as well as I can remember anyway. This looked nothing like that.

So if Loki takes over the TVA, do you think he'd change the motto?

"For all times, all ways."
I like this.