• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I still think the final reveal will be another Loki controlling everything.

I'm going with this as well. Loki finally ruling on the ultimate throne controlling all of time and its outcomes.

Then our Loki reaches them and realizes that even though it's all he's ever wanted, it's not right and he and Sylvie fight to demolish the TVA and bring it down. This then shows growth for our Loki as he discovers a deeper purpose and meaning for his life.

Maybe he and Sylvia return to the "prime" timeline and rejoin the Avengers or something.

I'm going to spoiler speculation for the finale:

I dunno, I have a gut feeling our Loki is going to sacrifice himself and die for real, with Sophie surviving. I'm willing to bet she returns and rescues Kid Loki from the Void, and brings him back to the prime MCU timeline. Loki's apparent pruning death a fake-out before the real thing.

Our Loki has experienced a nearly complete arc of personal growth. Sophie is the character who has massive potential for future exploration and growing - she never had a life, doesn't know what living in a normal timeline and persistent reality is, etc. Now that she knows Loki can change and become noble, I can't help thinking she will see it as a moral imperative to not abandon the child. And insure he is raised to be heroic and not villainous.

Our Loki dying a hero would be sad but very fitting. To be blunt, it also lets Marvel preserve the possibility for a less redeemed Hiddleston Loki to reappear as an antagonist, from some alternate reality.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, after this episode, I think the only possible identity of the real perpetrator is Loki.

MEPHISTO LOKI, that is.

Also the show is renewed for season 2, so I wouldn't necessarily put it past them to reveal a character as a hook.

Jimmypython

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going with this as well. Loki finally ruling on the ultimate throne controlling all of time and its outcomes.

Then our Loki reaches them and realizes that even though it's all he's ever wanted, it's not right and he and Sylvie fight to demolish the TVA and bring it down. This then shows growth for our Loki as he discovers a deeper purpose and meaning for his life.

Maybe he and Sylvia return to the "prime" timeline and rejoin the Avengers or something.

There is a scene from many trailers showing literally that....so I am going with this too.

Kang or whoever the phase 4 big bad is can still appear in a post credit scene of course.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I dunno, I have a gut feeling our Loki is going to sacrifice himself and die for real, with Sophie surviving. I'm willing to bet she returns and rescues Kid Loki from the Void, and brings him back to the prime MCU timeline. Loki's apparent pruning death a fake-out before the real thing.

Our Loki has experienced a nearly complete arc of personal growth. Sophie is the character who has massive potential for future exploration and growing - she never had a life, doesn't know what living in a normal timeline and persistent reality is, etc. Now that she knows Loki can change and become noble, I can't help thinking she will see it as a moral imperative to not abandon the child. And insure he is raised to be heroic and not villainous.

Our Loki dying a hero would be sad but very fitting. To be blunt, it also lets Marvel preserve the possibility for a less redeemed Hiddleston Loki to reappear as an antagonist, from some alternate reality.

God I hope not, Kid Loki was awful. Feel like if they wanted to do anything with him they would have cast an older actor playing young (like Tom Holland) rather than this stiff actor that's gonna age out of it by the time they ever have a chance to do anything again.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope not, Kid Loki was awful. Feel like if they wanted to do anything with him they would have cast an older actor playing young (like Tom Holland) rather than this stiff actor that's gonna age out of it by the time they ever have a chance to do anything again.

They can always recast

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They can always recast

Of course, they would have to at this point. My point is more, if you want to have people actually looking forward to the character returning, putting a better foot forward helps, and the fact they kinda didn't put that effort in when Marvel is so good at casting makes me think they're not gonna bother.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Real talk, while I still enjoyed the episode overall, what was up with that last 15 minutes and the CG battle with Alioth? The acting and dialogue was so wooden. Is it the script's fault? Kind of feel that the show is at its worst when it tries to do these big CG sequences.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really don't think it will end up being
Kang as the true big mastermind, but another Loki. But first there would have to be a reason that this Loki created an organization dedicated to keeping variants of himself from surviving. Why would he want other Lokis to be destined for death?

However, I definitely DO think that the events of blowing up the TVA will lead to Kang in the post credits. Maybe without the TVA keeping things in (relative, subjective) check, Kang is free to do what he wants.

Alternatively, Kang was created thanks to Sylvie bombing the sacred time line. Still pissed nothing came out of that.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
We just had the Thanos Copter, Gator Loki, and Throg the God of Thunder in the MCU and all people are talking about is what ISN'T in the show. WTF

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, they would have to at this point. My point is more, if you want to have people actually looking forward to the character returning, putting a better foot forward helps, and the fact they kinda didn't put that effort in when Marvel is so good at casting makes me think they're not gonna bother.

Well they recast Scott's daughter in preparation for them having plans for her, so at least there'd be a precedent

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I really don't think they want to keep bringing Loki back as a villain. Hiddleston wants to do new things with the character.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really don't think it will end up being
Kang as the true big mastermind, but another Loki. But first there would have to be a reason that this Loki created an organization dedicated to keeping variants of himself from surviving. Why would he want other Lokis to be destined for death?

However, I definitely DO think that the events of blowing up the TVA will lead to Kang in the post credits. Maybe without the TVA keeping things in (relative, subjective) check, Kang is free to do what he wants.

I mean, simple self preservation. He thinks another Loki might have the same idea as him and take it from him. He's a power hungry narcissist.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
While I very much disagree about her being the worst, I think the implication is that it is intentional that she's not as "Loki-esque" as the others

Like how Loki this episode brought up how unlike the rest of them, who'd want to rule over the TVA, she just wanted to take it down

See its strange I get their intention and why, I think I just don't like it. Its such a weird complaint but she stands too far apart from the other Loki's that I end up not liking her as much as them because she retains nothing I like about Loki in the first place. Not even the name.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Excellent episode. Loved all the variant Lokis.

Trying to temper expectations after being slightly disappointed with the last two finales but there is a lot of reason to think a new, a commonly speculated, villain will be introduced in the finale. And it's not a Mephisto thing. There is way more evidence for it this time.

The dude's own tower showed up.

They need to bring back Ecto Cooler again.
THAT'S what he was drinking?? I glanced at my dinner and my gf giggled "he's drinking a hi-C".

Oct 25, 2017
If it isn't Kang as the big bad, I could see an after credits with a disillusioned Rowena traversing the Void or wherever, and Kang coming across her and promising to restore (his) order to the Universe

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Uh...promo on YT for Ep 6 spoiled a major plot point. Even the thumbnail. Maybe...avoid YouTube for a week? Fuck.

Edit: never mind, I think it was a spliced fake.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Loki once fucked a horse.

Loki wanting to fuck a variant is probably the least odd thing about Loki.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Ralph Bohner twist was one of the worst parts of WandaVision for me, but I still liked it a lot. Loki on the other hand, I didn't even know what to expect with this show, but I'm feeling like it is the worst out of the three so far, by far.

Big same. I feel like there's just kinda nothing here. I'm watching it just because at this point.

EDIT: My money on big bad is Miss Minutes or Mobius or both tbh

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
So about Loki being killed by Thanos, are they gonna retcon that one? Old Loki teased something about faking his death and posing as debris.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
They've set up so many Kang connections in this show that if the dude doesn't show up at least for a post credits scene, it's gonna leave me very confused. In just this episode we got Alioth, Qeng, and a castle what could house Immortus? Don't play with my heart, Kevin

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Kang is a villain that's going to be defeated (true to the show's message, that'll be a Loki), but there's practically no chance Kang won't get introduced as the overarching villain.

If Kang is the overarching villain of the next several phases, which he probably is, there's a lot of potential to introduce him...many, many times.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Kang is a villain that's going to be defeated (true to the show's message, that'll be a Loki), but there's practically no chance Kang won't get introduced as the overarching villain.

If Kang is the overarching villain of the next several phases, which he probably is, there's a lot of potential to introduce him...many, many times.

He's not gonna be the main villain for multiple phases. Kang sucks, it would be such a dumb idea to just have him show up again and again.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Speaking of Kid Loki, do you think that was Surtr's sword that he gave our Loki? 🤔

If that thing can blow up planets, then maybe Loki is going to get a fight in the final episode after all. I just assumed the only real fight would be Sylvie vs Ravonna. Maybe Immortus doesn't go down without a fight and we get to see what Loki means when he says the TVA had been stunting the growth of Lokis so they'd always lose.
That was Laevateinn it's Loki's traditional weapon.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
He's not gonna be the main villain for multiple phases. Kang sucks, it would be such a dumb idea to just have him show up again and again.

Kang is one of those characters who often really sucks but can be really cool when done right, he just rarely is. You can say the same for Thanos too IMO, he is pretty lame most of the time in the comics, had a couple of good moments, and Marvel & Kevin Feige took those few good parts and rewrote him into a more interesting character for the MCU.

If anyone could get him done right I think Feige can.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know who the person behind the strings could be in terms of comics lore, but I'm hopping they got cute with the casting. Tom Baker, David Tenant, or some shit like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I don't know who the person behind the strings could be in terms of comics lore, but I'm hopping they got cute with the casting. Tom Baker, David Tenant, or some shit like that.

If the multiple direct references in this episode are pointing to the comics, Jonathan Majors has already been casted for the role.

But even then we may not necessarily see him. If there's a Loki involved in the final confrontation it could be anyone. Tennant as a Loki could be hilarious or terrifying lol

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
LOVED this episode. Old Loki rocked! I am totally on board the big bad being Loki creating the TVA to eliminate versions of himself that have the potential to grow beyond his original 'intended' role of the agent of chaos / God of Mischief. The videos of Loki in an Asgard like throne and dressed in finery seem to indicate this.