• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's possible to have the theory that Kang is involved somehow, be proven wrong, and still think the show is pretty damn great lol

Well obviously, I'm just referencing how WandaVision had a lot of people upset specifically over theories not panning out lol

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Well obviously, I'm just referencing how WandaVision had a lot of people upset specifically over theories not panning out lol
The Ralph Bohner twist was one of the worst parts of WandaVision for me, but I still liked it a lot. Loki on the other hand, I didn't even know what to expect with this show, but I'm feeling like it is the worst out of the three so far, by far.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
yeah there's way too many direct signs pointing to Kang that it does not seem to be be mere misdirection

imo this is more like an Agatha situation

I think it still very may well be that the final showdown will be against one of Kang's enforcers (another Loki variant or maybe a Mobius variant?) and Kang is revealed in a post credits scene

either way I think he is the orchestrator of everything

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
If it is Kang what is the endgame? Obviously Kang isn't killed, but if he's going to be a major player going forward are they really going to have him beaten by Loki and Sylvie, even if he lives?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah there's way too many direct signs pointing to Kang that it does not seem to be be mere misdirection

imo this is more like an Agatha situation

Agatha probably has more screentime than any MCU villain outside Thanos and Loki.

If anything this would be like the inverse of an Agatha situation.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
If it is Kang what is the endgame? Obviously Kang isn't killed, but if he's going to be a major player going forward are they really going to have him beaten by Loki and Sylvie, even if he lives?

They aren't going to job out a movie villain before his actual movie appearance.

If it's Kang he'll be untouchable, if anything they'll use the Lokis to make him look strong lol.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They aren't going to job out a movie villain before his actual movie appearance.

If it's Kang he'll be untouchable, if anything they'll use the Lokis to make him look strong lol.

Think that's his point, that would make for a terrible season (or series) finale for this show.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I think it may be a Loki/Thanos situation from the first Avengers or a Ronan/Thanos situation from Guardians

Kang will face a minor setback and that's it

no way Loki/Sylvie defeat him let alone fight him next week but I feel there's no way they don't namedrop him at least

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Think that's his point, that would make for a terrible season (or series) finale for this show.

Maybe they'll pull more robot shenanigans and have the real Kang appear as a hologram at the end, laughing at our heroes for having defeated a mere puppet.

Edit: any way they play it, we'll at least get some exposition as to why the TVA was created. Whether it's from Kang himself or some lesser villain.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I've been thinking.

Miss Minutes has to been in on it, right ? Everyone working at the TVA is a variant. However, she's literally part of the TVA, she's been created with it. So logically, she should know.

She did lie in this episode - she was the one who suggested the space ship to buy time. But I think it's a red herring like Dottie in WandaVision.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Well, I can say that I wasn't upset that the Fox Quicksilver theory didn't pan out. It wasn't much of a "theory" either, as the writers clearly wanted viewers to think it was Fox Quicksilver.

I was upset that the result of a mystery the show set up ended up being nothing more than a literal dick joke.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
If these shows were truly super-coordinated, the funniest joke would be to have had Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver show up here in the void, lol. Just to add another layer to the troll.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I can't really imagine Kang not being at least partially behind this, not with so many references to him.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Man, they are laying on kind, loving, nice boy Loki so thick that at this point, I am almost expecting (and tbh, hoping) for him to be reveal it's a trick at the end and dick over Mobius and Sylvie and the other variants. In a way that leaves them well off, because he secretly has changed and likes them, but he's been such a fluff ball these past few episodes, I want some sinister back.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, they are laying on kind, loving, nice boy Loki so thick that at this point, I am almost expecting (and tbh, hoping) for him to be reveal it's a trick at the end and dick over Mobius and Sylvie and the other variants. In a way that leaves them well off, because he secretly has changed and likes them, but he's been such a fluff ball these past few episodes, I want some sinister back.
I think that boat sailed the second he had the chance to dip but instead stayed with Sylvie to help her. It confirmed to her and us that he's 100% serious about changing.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I think that boat sailed the second he had the chance to dip but instead stayed with Sylvie to help her. It confirmed to her and us that he's 100% serious about changing.
Oh, I'm sure. I'm not trying to undo character development. I just hope he just keeps going and circles back to "Okay, but being a dick was kind of fun too" and takes the opportunity as it comes next.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
What if the one behind TVA... is another Ravonna Renslayer variant, one that is much more evil and competent than the one we've seen so far.

It would be very satisfying to see judge ravonna reaction when she see that she's not only just another variant, but an inferior one while the Prime Ravonna is someone much more powerful and know things

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i cant belive i missed frog thor in glass bottle,mlol. also kid loki and classic loki were great, i hope we get more kid loki

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Ralph Bohner twist was one of the worst parts of WandaVision for me, but I still liked it a lot. Loki on the other hand, I didn't even know what to expect with this show, but I'm feeling like it is the worst out of the three so far, by far.

Hard disagree, Loki has been easily the best, and I've loved the previous ones (especially WandaVision) so far

Which is ironic because I had the least amount of hype for this show going in

No doubt.

Put me in the "these niggas are throwing out a ton of Kang references, but I'm game for whatever" camp.

Pretty much. This is where not being a comic book reader helps, makes it easier to not be pressed over every little reference lol

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
What if the one behind TVA... is another Ravonna Renslayer variant, one that is much more evil and competent than the one we've seen so far.

It would be very satisfying to see judge ravonna reaction when she see that she's not only just another variant, but an inferior one while the Prime Ravonna is someone much more powerful and know things

That would explain why the current Ravonna seems just in the dark about who really runs the TVA just like everyone else.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So we saw Avengers tower, Mjolnir, Thanos's helicopter, and the battleship from the Manhatten Project.... what other Easter eggs did I miss?

Also, this show is awesome. Old Loki? Damn seeing how powerful a Loki can be was pretty freaking great

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Could be Immortus, and they wind up unleashing Kang in the process
I'm not very familiar with Nathanial Richards, but is Immortus supposed to be weaker than Kang? I know Immortus is him from further in the future but I know nothing about their capabilities in comparison to each other.
So we saw Avengers tower, Mjolnir, Thanos's helicopter, and the battleship from the Manhatten Project.... what other Easter eggs did I miss?

Also, this show is awesome. Old Loki? Damn seeing how powerful a Loki can be was pretty freaking great
Frog Thor

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

It was avengers tower owned by Qeng corporation(owned by Kang actually), Throg, giant Yellowjacket helmet

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm so sad over Old Loki. Kid Loki was great and I hope we see him make it out of the wasteland and into Young Avengers when that eventually happens.

I don't like the idea of Loki and Sylvie being an item, but they are cute together in a "we are both emotionally stunted people who have trust issues but just want one good connection to another being that doesn't go sideways" way.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I made a visual list of easter eggs I caught from beginning to end. Please feel free to add more if I missed any.

Image heavy

Sanctum.png

New York Sanctum

qeng.png

Qeng Enterprises (owned by Mr. Gryphon aka Nathanial Richards/Kang)

RedSkull.png

Red Skull's ship

Thanos-Copter.png

Thanos Copter

Mjolnir.png

Mjolnir

Throg.png

Throg

Dark-Dimension.png

Location of the Castle...looks very much like the Dark Dimension here, but also could be in Quantum Realm?

Clear-Castle.png

Castle.png

Quantum-Realm.png

Castle

Yellowjacket.png

Yellowjacket Helmet

Sphinx.png

A Sphinx that has a very Kang-like face without a broken nose...

Dark-Aster.png

Dark Aster (Ronan the Accuser's ship, on the left)

Living-Tribunal.png
Statue of the head of the Living Tribunal (this is the second Living Tribunal easter egg we've gotten in the MCU, first was in Doctor Strange)

Here's some stuff I caught if any of yall missed it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The post credits scene in the final episode better be Frog Thor and Gator Loki meeting on a hill for battle and then fading to black as they charge each other and Throg's hammer is powering up with lightning.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Imma say it. Sylvia is the worst Loki and minus her flashback she's the least interesting main person in the show. For all the talk about them being the same she lacks the Lokiness of the rest that make them fun or interesting to watch. And the romantic angle they seem to be going for is meh.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imma say it. Sylvia is the worst Loki and minus her flashback she's the least interesting main person in the show. For all the talk about them being the same she lacks the Lokiness of the rest that make them fun or interesting to watch. And the romantic angle they seem to be going for is meh.

While I very much disagree about her being the worst, I think the implication is that it is intentional that she's not as "Loki-esque" as the others

Like how Loki this episode brought up how unlike the rest of them, who'd want to rule over the TVA, she just wanted to take it down

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah I just cannot get past this same thought. Because of the MCU design, I cannot see them doing a big Kang reveal now in a TV show instead of an after credits on a movie or something. I feel like theres very little room for them to do such a thing, so Im expecting it to be something lame like a Loki variant or something that will self contain the show quite a bit.

Could be wrong. But I just really cap my expectations of far reaching stuff because of the format they are using. I like it, but it has its limitations. Extreme limitations.