• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Why didn't Ronin kill Fisk? and why is he afraid?

Are we gonna get a Kingpin beat down :D

ea764cfc395e871176254877fd8aa98728b474e5.gifv

Kingpin's going to solo Hawkeye's whole team. "I fought the Devil, and all you have are some arrows?"

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I kind of agree. Like if you don't know who Kingpin is your reaction at the end is more just "who's this white guy"

If you know it's hype but otherwise
He's the guy Clint has been scared of the entire show that he couldn't take down even when Robin and he's been hoping to stay under the radar of. That's some high stakes for this scale at least. The fact he's a large guy in a suit makes you wonder what the heck is up with this guy then to scare Clint at the very least

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
im all kinds of hype for dinofrio kingpin but i really dont get why clint, an alien invasion facing avenger, would be so worried about him.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's funny how Marvel Studios is now sitting on a goldmine of easy fanservice moments that they can spread throughout the next couple years of films and Disney+ shows simply by reintroducing characters from the Marvel TV produced MCU stuff. As long as they're done well, they can get an instant pop from the big MCU fans.

Need a character for She-Hulk to represent in court? Jessica Jones.

Do you want Blade and Moon Knight to eventually lead to a Midnight Sons film/series? Bring in Robbie Reyes and Frank Castle.

So many great characters that can be slotted into different places across the MCU.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
im all kinds of hype for dinofrio kingpin but i really dont get why clint, an alien invasion facing avenger, would be so worried about him.
Watch Daredevil if you haven't. Fisk is a threat because of his connections and how many people he has on the payroll. In Daredevil, he seemed to have like half the force paid off and even a US senator in his pocket.

Not to mention he went toe to toe with Daredevil a couple of times and held his own. But I don't think that's it. I think it's the damage he could do to Clint's life, like reveal he was Ronin, for example, that scares him.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

Kingpin got Daredevil's girlfriend to sell his secret identity for heroin, and made Matt a public enemy, homeless, moneyless and made him lose his license to practise law.

Kingpin can throw hands with the best of them (for humans), but he's particularly vicious in that he'd fuck up your and your families entire lives.

Kingpin ain't nothin' to fuck with.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Marvel Studios' Hawkeye |OT| It's not always about the money Hawkguy, but they should still pay David Aja (Wednesdays at 1:50 AM CST on Disney+)

Either that or...

Marvel Studios' Hawkeye |OT| I am the ill-intent, who set upon the traveler for not paying David Aja (Wednesdays at 1:50 AM CST on Disney+)

I'm open to other suggestions.

I'm begging you:

Marvel Studios' Hawkeye |OT| YOU EMBARRASSED ME IN FRONT OF HAWKGUY. (Wednesdays at 1:50 AM CST on Disney+)

Marvel Studios' Hawkeye |OT| When I was a boy, I still managed to pay David Aja (Wednesdays at 1:50 AM CST on Disney+)

Marvel Studio's Hawkeye |OT| How The Grinch Leaked When I Was a Boy (Wednesdays at 1:50 AM CST on Disney+)

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
It's funny how Marvel Studios is now sitting on a goldmine of easy fanservice moments that they can spread throughout the next couple years of films and Disney+ shows simply by reintroducing characters from the Marvel TV produced MCU stuff. As long as they're done well, they can get an instant pop from the big MCU fans.

Do you want Blade and Moon Knight to eventually lead to a Midnight Sons film/series? Bring in Robbie Reyes and Frank Castle.

So many great characters that can be slotted into different places across the MCU.
Plus they got the multiverse allowing them to crossover with other Marvel film franchises ala No Way Home (maybe we might even see a Marvel X DC crossover in the coming years) and we still have X-Men and Fantastic Four to be introduced into the MCU. Marvel fans are eating good.

Clint was dealing with the criminal underworld as Ronin. He is very tuned in to what Kingpin is capable of.

It's like saying why is Kingpin a major villain for Spider-Man or why is Lex Luthor a villain for Superman. Sometimes it's about more than just power levels.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kingpin Studio's Kingpin |OT| Kingpin is in this, the one from Netflix, and also Hawkeye

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So between Kang and now Kingpin, I don't wanna ever hear again that the Disney+ shows aren't allowed to do big reveals/surprises

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Plus they got the multiverse allowing them to crossover with other Marvel film franchises ala No Way Home (maybe we might even see a Marvel X DC crossover in the coming years) and we still have X-Men and Fantastic Four to be introduced into the MCU. Marvel fans are eating good.

I still fully believe that an eventual endgame is some sort of Avengers: Secret Wars film.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
yeah i guess the reach and the threat against his family is what hes most worried about with willie. wasnt really thinking of it that way.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
My guess regarding Laura for the finale: Fisk will send people after her and the kids only for her to immediately fight back with some insane fighting skills, revealing that she was an ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really, really hoping Matt will show in the last episode. It seems just right for him to make a comeback.

bad_carbs

Oct 25, 2017
I threw my arms up and yelled "WOO YES" when the Kingpin reveal happened lol. And with confirmation that Charlie Cox will be part of the MCU, the Netflix show has got to be part of the canon now, right? Because it should be!

And Yelena is just so charming and always a delight every time she's on screen

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Loved this episode. Yelena and Kate have a great dynamic, and I hope the MCU is really committed to this next generation of heroes and gives them more chances to shine. The marvel shows continue to treat the Blip with more gravitas then any of the films since Endgame. That opening scene was chilling without being overwrought. I imagine this series is only really going to wrap up the Bishop family plot, and that the Tracksuits and "Uncle" will carry on in Echo's upcoming show. It might wind up feeling a little incomplete, but I've definitely enjoyed this more then I thought would when it was first announced.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Frank Castle is definitely not a character I expect to see for a very long time.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda sad there's only one episode left because I want to see at least 1) scene where Kingpin is being cool with classical music playing 2) Kingpin beating the shit out of everybody

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
People would have guessed Kingpin, but not D'Onofrio. The "are the Netflix shows canon?" question still comes up a lot and hopefully has now been put to bed.

Eh. They could treat the Netflix shows as an alternate universe of variants, and this Kingpin is the MCU version with the same actor. Really, they can keep and throw out whatever bits and pieces they want from the Netflix shows, while keeping the actors everyone likes. Like a sort of half-reboot. It's perfect, really.

BRO.

I love Yelena. And mac n cheese

With hot sauce.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Everything with Yelena was A+. Kind of a weak reveal for Kingpin though. He deserved something more dramatic but I'm still hyped as hell that he's back.

Also minor complaint but not really liking the trend of these Disney Plus shows saving the new costumes for the last episode lol

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
So between Kang and now Kingpin, I don't wanna ever hear again that the Disney+ shows aren't allowed to do big reveals/surprises
I had a problem with how Kang is revealed in Loki, it was a bit annoying that the show was consistently encouraging me to guess who the mystery of who it is running the TVA, and I try and figure it out based on the information provided in the show, but then I check the thread, and some fans reveal what the mystery is because of their inside knowledge of the comics, and it felt like there is a lock out there for anyone else, who just wanted to engage with the show on its own.

So far I don't mind King Pin being in this, you see his hand over Echo in episode 3 in a flashback, but it's not a dragged out mystery.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
This is the only MCU Disney+ show apart from Wandavision that I've had the urge to rewatch after every episode (well except the first 2 episodes, can do without them haha). I'm surprised I like it this much.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Eh. They could treat the Netflix shows as an alternate universe of variants, and this Kingpin is the MCU version with the same actor. Really, they can keep and throw out whatever bits and pieces they want from the Netflix shows, while keeping the actors everyone likes. Like a sort of half-reboot. It's perfect, really.
That's how the continuity for this stuff always works anyway.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

But how do we bring back Danny Rand? 😝

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Naturally. Look at Bond, look at Batman.

But people nowadays are so much more eager to make connections that aren't necessarily there, jump to conclusions. D'Onofrio's back? NETFLIX MCU CANON CONFIRMED!!!

I'm not really sure how it's anything like Bond or Batman. Those are franchises that constantly recast the main character and reboot.

Here, they're bringing back the same actors to play the same characters that they last played only four years ago in TV shows that were already in the MCU. It's absolutely not jumping to conclusions to say that, at the very least, Daredevil is remaining canon.

Of course, they'll likely treat it like they did The Incredible Hulk for a number of years: it happened and is canon but isn't directly referenced much because they don't have the rights to it.