• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
What I'm hoping to see:

Eternal -cast reveal
Shang Chi - Cast Reveaal
Black Widow - teaser trailer

Falcon and Winter soldier - teaser?

Hulu marvel cartoons - teasers?

More details on Disney +

I feel like they might save Phase 4 for D23

There can't be a Falcon and Winter Soldier teaser since they haven't started filming yet.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
They give me Bushmaster and I will accept a serpent society movie.

This is gonna be hype because I thought they said they'd announce things in the summer. Hope to see more than Widow and Eternals.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I know that the panel will probably have little to no info on the Disney+ series, but I would love to see Feige announce a Agents of SWORD mini series

Oct 25, 2017
I want, more than anything, official confirmation of a Captain America movie starring Anthony Mackie. Make good on that amazing moment at the end of Endgame.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I want, more than anything, official confirmation of a Captain America movie starring Anthony Mackie. Make good on that amazing moment at the end of Endgame.

I agree with this sentiment, although I know it's unlikely right now, with the streaming show and the wealth of content planned/leaked. But I would love a SamCap movie.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm aware - this idea that it needs to be a solo film or it doesn't count is silly. Especially if said solo film just means 'make a movie about a regular guy punching other regular guys'. We see that stuff all the time already outside of superhero movies.
The idea is precisely to have an Asian Marvel hero who headlines their own movie. That's the baseline of the discussion, to at least have that scale of representation instead of having them be sidekick/support/part of an ensemble yet again. It's alright if you're only interested in flashy powers, but please don't dismiss this wish of representation as silly.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Shang-Chi would just be another powerless punch character like the several they already have, though. He's not bringing anything new beyond the fact that he's Asian.

I understand people want an Asian character in the MCU, but one who has literally nothing unique to him is not a great choice. He's just a guy.

You are talking absolute shit, dude. Just stop embarrassing yourself and quit revealing how little you know about Shang Chi.

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
No, I know.

Last time I even bothered with Hall H, we lined up at like 3pm on Friday. We literally missed getting in by like 40 people, and we were stuck in the shoots the whole day Saturday. Not worth it.

3pm on a Friday for Saturday Hall H? Even on a non-Marvel Studios year that isn't going to happen. That's only a few hours before wristbands are handed out.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The idea is precisely to have an Asian Marvel hero who headlines their own movie. That's the baseline of the discussion, to at least have that scale of representation instead of having them be sidekick/support/part of an ensemble yet again. It's alright if you're only interested in flashy powers, but please don't dismiss this wish of representation as silly.

Again, I understand the desire for representation. I just don't understand why people want another street-level punch guy when we already had four of those in Netflix Marvel. Why not ask for a different hero? Why does it HAVE to be this one?

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Black Panther was basically a punch character, and I didn't see anyone complaining when he headlined his own movie.

Suddenly it's a problem with Shang-Chi?

Oct 27, 2017
Again, I understand the desire for representation. I just don't understand why people want another street-level punch guy when we already had four of those in Netflix Marvel. Why not ask for a different hero? Why does it HAVE to be this one?

Well, those are Netflix shows...people want a feature film. And yes, some people literally just want an Asian martial artist in a theatrical film. I don't see anything wrong with that. Sometimes it ain't that deep. And yes, we should have Sunfire, Nico Minoru, etc, but why not all of them? It's not a zero sum thing.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Considering how mediocre the last few standalone MCU films have been, I just have little to no faith in them anymore.

You're really out here with the hyperbole in this thread.

The "last few" standalone MCU films were Spider-Man: Far From Home, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarok. And those have caused you to have little to no faith?

How strange.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You're really out here with the hyperbole in this thread.

The "last few" standalone MCU films were Spider-Man: Far From Home, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarok. And those have caused you to have little to not faith?

How strange.

I haven't seen Far From Home yet. But Captain Marvel was aggressively bland and a waste of Brie Larson's talent, and Ant-Man 2 was so lifeless and dull it could've easily not even existed if not for the fact that the quantum realm lore was necessary for Endgame's plot to function.

Panther and Ragnarok were fine, but man were CM and AM2 sour as hell, and having them both be the movies that came between the two halves of Infinity was not exactly great.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I haven't seen Far From Home yet. But Captain Marvel was aggressively bland and a waste of Brie Larson's talent, and Ant-Man 2 was so lifeless and dull it could've easily not even existed if not for the fact that the quantum realm lore was necessary for Endgame's plot to function.

Panther and Ragnarok were fine, but man were CM and AM2 sour as hell, and having them both be the movies that came between the two halves of Infinity was not exactly great.

Ah. Well you said the last "few," which generally means three or more, and you haven't seen Spider-Man yet anyway. :P

(But Ant-Man 2 and Captain Marvel were great so I dunno man.)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah. Well you said the last "few," which generally means three or more, and you haven't seen Spider-Man yet anyway. :P

(But Ant-Man 2 and Captain Marvel were great so I dunno man.)

Your mileage may vary, I guess. I'm a really big fan of Brie Larson and I felt like the movie made next to no use of her as an actress because of the amnesia and "no emotions" plot choices. There were sparks of fun in there but most of it was just very by-the-numbers and it did nothing to build Carol up as a character worth caring about.

Ant-Man 2 was just...empty. It felt like the definition of a filler movie (which it was), but that's too bad because Paul Rudd continues to do a fine job.

Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017
It's more that if they're announcing their roadmap moving forward they have to address it, and I really don't give a damn about the Eternals or Shang-Chi or whatever other nobodies they want to make trilogies about.
Maybe you should wait for the films to come out and see how they are instead of judging them before they've even been made.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Comic-con going to join the 21st century and stream this shit or nah?

The007JiM

Oct 25, 2017
I know there's preference for people attending the show. But i wish at least the phase 4 movies announcement will be live.
The struggle with reporters, youtubers and leaks makes the waiting more painful.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I don't expect to hear something, but I would be so SO excited if we got any info on an FF movie at all. OH MAN that would be great.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Phase 3 reveal event was better than most E3 conferences, hope we get something Fantastic for phase Four.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Your mileage may vary, I guess. I'm a really big fan of Brie Larson and I felt like the movie made next to no use of her as an actress because of the amnesia and "no emotions" plot choices. There were sparks of fun in there but most of it was just very by-the-numbers and it did nothing to build Carol up as a character worth caring about.

Ant-Man 2 was just...empty. It felt like the definition of a filler movie (which it was), but that's too bad because Paul Rudd continues to do a fine job.

I like how in this post you say Ant Man 2 was filler, then in an earlier post say it needed to exist to set up Endgame stuff. It can't be both.

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I know there's preference for people attending the show. But i wish at least the phase 4 movies announcement will be live.
The struggle with reporters, youtubers and leaks makes the waiting more painful.

People camp out for Saturday Hall H for up to four days. If they live-streamed for free that which they slept with cockroaches for, there'd be a riot.

Hell a few years ago there was a stabbing over a seat dispute.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
People camp out for Saturday Hall H for up to four days. If they live-streamed for free that which they slept with cockroaches for, there'd be a riot.

Hell a few years ago there was a stabbing over a seat dispute.

Even though there isn't a livestream, I want to say there was a couple of comic/entertainment YouTube channels that did post quality video of the panels after the fact.