• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Well I guess MCU Spider-Man has a plan B if the deal doesn't work out
Ooooh that would be a nice way to "keep" and utilize Spider-Man without having to consult with Sony.

When the old Marvel TV Execs were first outed, I think it was me and Neoxon who were excited at the potential of animated projects that were no longer shackled by Perlmutter's penny pinching. We're already getting some promising stuff like Moon Girl and even Spidey and His Amazing Friends looks solid for Disney Jr fare.

This goes hand in hand with that one quote we heard about "so many unannounced MCU projects"

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
The amount of shit that must be pinned to a wall somewhere in Marvel Studios must be mind blowing, we need a leaker in there.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Not saying the What if...? series looks bad or anything, but I hope one of the projects is a big budget 2D animated show.

Immortal Hulk pls

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
throw studios like Studio Mir a bone.
Or the studio that worked on the Netflix Castlevania series.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Hulk animated ANYTHING please

I want a Hulk movie or series unshackled by the constraints of expensive movie-level CG
latest

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a pie in the sky dream, and Paramount probably has this locked, but please

A1p2HTU0gVL.jpg

And
Micronauts-1.jpg

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I know it's a pie in the sky dream, and Paramount probably has this locked, but please

A1p2HTU0gVL.jpg

And
Micronauts-1.jpg
I mean Spaceknights can happen, Marvel owns everything they created(so basically everything other than Rom). In fact they brought them back and had agent Venom join them a few years back(cool look too)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like projects not tied to the MCU so I wouldn't mind going down that road.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably not what they mean.

Whether they are stand-alone or take place in another part of the multiverse, if it's made by Marvel Studios, it's "part of the MCU".

Technically everything Marvel publishes or has officially licensed is part of the Marvel Multiverse. From Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends to the Fantastic Four cartoon where HERBIE the robot replaced the Human Torch.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I thought it had to do with multiverses which are becoming canon. Obviously the actual stories won't be canon to the main universe, but is stuff like the watcher going to become canon?

I mean the beauty of multiverse stories is all of them are canon in their own way. Like, What If isn't going to impact the main MCU but anything that happens in it could inspire or bleed into it. Especially if the multiverse becomes a bigger part of the universe like it is in comics.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Technically everything Marvel publishes or has officially licensed is part of the Marvel Multiverse. From Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends to the Fantastic Four cartoon where HERBIE the robot replaced the Human Torch.
They mean directly MCU related. Like, the new What If? deals with the "multiverse" but it's still strictly based on the MCU not the whole entire Marvel Multiverse. Come on there's no need to be obtuse about it. 🙄

I think the IDEA is stuff like Vixen where it's animated but very clearly in the Arrowverse or the Gotham Knight shorts which was supposed to take place between the first two Nolan films.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
That's actually the big question though. Could we see the animated "good" Kilmonger in this series appear in a live action MCU film via multiverse shenanigans?

The idea of stuff like that happening is super exciting.
That would be amazing and what would be best case scenario for me. If these stories are never going to be mentioned again, thats when i start to lose interest. There are hundreds of other Marvel cartoons that I dont have interest in. The prospect of something like that happening, along with the movie actors in the roles is what is drawing my interest.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That would be amazing and what would be best case scenario for me. If these stories are never going to be mentioned again, thats when i start to lose interest. There are hundreds of other Marvel cartoons that I dont have interest in. The prospect of something like that happening, along with the movie actors in the roles is what is drawing my interest.

Well, I would brace yourself for most of the stories likely not being mentioned often/ever, as the point of What If is the same thing as the comments: telling stories about characters you already know where everything is flipped on its head in a way that can't happen in the mainline films.

But I do think it's possible that a character or two could show up in the films. Michael B. Jordan voicing Kilmonger is a good sign that he'd be down.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, but there seems to be a difference in strategy with anything Marvel Studios makes to have the potential of a more direct link to the movies.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Animated series are by far the best medium for comic book characters.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's just hope they step up their game because most Marvel animated shows have been kinda crap.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to see this as a way to bring back RDJ, Chris Evans, etc., for prequel runs, and not just smaller C-tier characters and stories.

It's watch 3 seasons of the Adventures of Thor and the Warriors Three for example. Or more Hawkeye/Black Widow.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope Marvel does get its Animated stuff sorted. That's been the weird thing in the whole marvel vs DC stuff. Marvel nailed the fuck out of its movies but has generally done bad with Animation while DC nailed animation and bombed with movies.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Completely forgot about that, but if it's that little connection I still won't care. I have a feeling these are going the way of Star Wars visions, which I have 0 interest in because they aren't canon.
Star Wars Visions is interesting precisely because it's non-canon. They're going to be doing a lot of stuff that just wouldn't work in-continuity, but that doesn't make it invalid or pointless. It's fresh new concepts and perspectives.

Regarding this, it's considered part of the MCU proper, but obviously not part of the main timeline. If you've been watching Loki, this is basically the stories of various variants.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it had to do with multiverses which are becoming canon. Obviously the actual stories won't be canon to the main universe, but is stuff like the watcher going to become canon?

The multiverse has been canon since Doctor Strange.

What If will always be "not canon to the main universe, but the alternate realities are canon [but will never be followed up past this single what if, unless it's popular]. They are never going to have any impact on the main universe in a canon way, to the point that they might as well effectively be non-canon.

The Watcher would be canon though, he exists everywhere.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Let's just hope they step up their game because most Marvel animated shows have been kinda crap.
That's the thing, the old guard responsible for a lot of that is gone. It was because of Perlmutter and Loeb they decided to cheap things out with the lowest possible effort and budget. Feige being in charge now, quality shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, the actual what if stories are multiverse and not Canon to our time-line, but it's probably very likely the Doctor Strange in the trailer is our Strange, when means his story in this could lead directly, or tie, into the next movie. It's probably 80% at this point.