• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I hope there are two actresses so that they switch bodies when she holds the hammer like in the comics.

I know that Marvel, who loves having everyone's helmets off as much as possible so you can see the stars they are paying for, wouldn't want to do that. But seeing Natalie Portman in Natalie Portman's body as Thor wouldn't be very convincing.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Portman looks so embarrassed to be on that stage. Please work your magic Taika!

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
screenshot2019-07-202eyklu.png

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope she does the role justice. Anytime I've seen her in an MCU movie she's just bored. Otherwise she's a great actress.
Portman is a great actress. She's just been given shit material by these movies. Both Thor movies got what they deserved out of her.

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
Really interested in seeing how this movie plays out. I have no idea how the comics go but I love the MCU so I'm very curious

I thought Hemsworth Thor had fully redeemed himself after Endgame, but I guess not. Maybe he'll be off with the Guardians while Jane does other Thor stuff?

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If Taika can do a 180 on Thor being the worst Avenger into the best Avenger, then he can do wonders with doing wonders with Portman. Let's hope she actually enjoys being on set!

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Absolutely pumped for female Thor. Kind of wish it wasn't Natalie Portman, but I get why they went that direction. Can't wait!

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Didn't Natalie Portman hate being in Thor?

Or was that all bullshit?

How much are they paying her 😲?
She was fine being in Thor. She didn't care for how Hollywood (including Marvel) ignored women creative talent behind the camera. Patty Jenkins was being lined up to do Thor 2, which Portman pushed for, but when that fell through, she expressed a lot of frustration and anger. The influence of Ike Perlmutter and his Marvel creative committee (which also deserves a ton of blame for Age of Ultron) is ultimately where her frustrations seemed to have lied, since after that split within Marvel Studios, Feige has slowly-but-surely been enabling different voices within their output. Slow is the operative word, but Portman seems to be on-board for it.

I'm sure she's down with getting a superhero paycheque too, and not just one for a dull throwaway romantic lead.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Natalie Portman is the last person I want to be female Thor considering she slept through the first two Thor films but fucking hyped for female Thor in general.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I went from happy about this announcement to downright ready to skip the whole movie in seconds. What a rollercoaster. Zero interest in a film adaptation of Jane Thor starring Portman.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
At this point it's clear people don't even recall why Natalie Portman's character was disliked. They just recall "Portman" and "bad" and go "Oh no, Portman is in this it's going to be bad!".

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to see how this works.

Fat Thor was still worthy in Endgame so if the hammer is back somehow, it would be his unless I he doesn't want it like he gave Val the throne and gives it up to go backpacking across the universe.