• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems that Hawkeye's identity as Ronin was not public knowledge at this point. The plot likely centers around more and more people figuring it out, including Kate Bishop, who tries to take over his mantle.

May 14, 2021
I mean, I'm not going to go back and forth with you over an opinion that is clearly based on "lol CW TV show."

Jensen Ackles is a good actor.
He isn't though. It's ok to think that without being a troll. Not everyone is an enemy. You know that, right? Sometimes people just have different opinions than you do.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He isn't though. It's ok to think that without being a troll. Not everyone is an enemy. You know that, right? Sometimes people just have different opinions than you do.
He is though. It's ok to think that without being a troll. Not everyone is an enemy. You know that, right? Sometimes people just have different opinions than you do.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I know that's probably how comics work but it'd be a shame if he /Aja doesn't get a credit or benefit at all from a show that clearly wouldn't exist without their run.

You might see an "Inspired by" credit, but usually they just say "inspired by the Marvel Comics" and leave it at that.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that Ackles can't act per se, it's that he has no range. He has an extremely limited bandwidth he exists in. He's one of those guys you feel is always "playing himself", but that's because his range is so limited.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So we're not getting full on hobo landlord Hawkeye, honestly for the better for a short Disney+ series.

I can honestly dig Marvel's Die Hard, but Fraction's series had a lot of quiet moments that were great in the apartment building setting, hopefully they incorporate them (WHERE GRILLS AT)

also, hearing aid! wonder if there's a chunk of time where Jeremy breaks out sign language.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit that was a great trailer, this is going to be so much fun haha. Is the GotG Christmas Special this year too or next year?

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this looks great. Super excited.

Fully expecting this will be my 2nd favorite show after WandaVision and above Loki/FatWS based on source material and Renner. Fingers crossed.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that was a great trailer, this is going to be so much fun haha. Is the GotG Christmas Special this year too or next year?

I don't even think that's been filmed yet. Love and Thunder just finished filming recently (I think?) so GotG3/the Christmas Special would probably need to wait for all of that to be done.

May 14, 2021
It's not that Ackles can't act per se, it's that he has no range. He has an extremely limited bandwidth he exists in. He's one of those guys you feel is always "playing himself", but that's because his range is so limited.
That's a fairer assessment. When I look at the caliber of actor Kevin was choosing, Renner definitely fits. He's an incredible actor.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
It was a pretty good first trailer, but I wished there was more Hailee and Pizza Dog.
This trailer was more focused on Clint.
Also I gotta say, the production value seems a bit better when it's a show that not dealing with a tons of visual effects.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It was a pretty good first trailer, but I wished there was more Hailee and Pizza Dog.
This trailer was more focused on Clint.

Pizza Dog only getting one shot in the whole trailer is its biggest weakness as a trailer. I thought Kate got enough focus considering she's a new character.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh I was just thinking about Hawkeye due to a certain character in Shang-Chi being pretty gifted with a bow. Was wondering if there will be a tie-in or succession plan between the two. But I guess the girl in this movie is sort of going to be the Hawkeye successor instead?
The next Avengers movie will be like a late Fire Emblem stage when you recruit all the units :v

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Would be hilarious if they got that guy from Spiderman and Shang Chi in this and tell Hawkeye to do some kinda trick.

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
So it seems that Hawkeye's identity as Ronin was not public knowledge at this point. The plot likely centers around more and more people figuring it out, including Kate Bishop, who tries to take over his mantle.

There was a plot in the comic that involved Hawkeye trying to recover an incriminating VHS tape. I wouldn't be surprised if some form of that plot was used in the show.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Feel like a greedy bitch considering how much Marvel we've gotten this year (I'm pretty sure you could find posts from me complaining about feeling a bit burnt out while Loki was going) but wow this feels so far away :/ This has the potential to be the best of the D+ fair yet, need this ASAP

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of this shot

Hawkeye.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Jeremy Renner has the charisma to pull off this tone.

I don't really think this is a charisma role, this is more someone being able to play exasperated and in way over his head, and I thought the bits with Hawkeye realizing how pointless he is in Avengers conflicts was one of the few parts of Age of Ultron that actually worked.