• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
Huh I was just thinking about Hawkeye due to a certain character in Shang-Chi being pretty gifted with a bow. Was wondering if there will be a tie-in or succession plan between the two. But I guess the girl in this movie is sort of going to be the Hawkeye successor instead?

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Looks great. I hope this gets a season 2. Clint and Kate are one of my favorite duos in comics.

Neat to see Clint have this hearing aid. And Pizza Dog 😍😍

Cinco

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fun as shit. Hopefully this does for Hawkeye as it did for Falcon Cap. Those two are charisma black holes. The last half of FATWS turned me around on Mackie so hopefully this does the same thing for Renner.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
The original Fraction run wasn't set at Xmas was it? I only read it once years ago.

Either way loving that vibe here. It's a big part of why I like Iron Man 3 as well. God bless Shane Black.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Huh I was just thinking about Hawkeye due to a certain character in Shang-Chi being pretty gifted with a bow. Was wondering if there will be a tie-in or succession plan between the two. But I guess the girl in this movie is sort of going to be the Hawkeye successor instead?

I highly doubt said Shang-Chi character will tie-in in anyway

But yes, Hailee Steinfeld's character in this is presumably the successor in the same way we're expecting Yelena from Black Widow to be

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
makes me wonder if a backup plan was for Katy be an Asian Kate Bishop… before they landed Hailee Steinfeld for the role…

Oct 26, 2017
Whoa. I was not expecting this to be set during Christmas. I'm digging the tone.

I'm hoping this makes Clint a bit more interesting than just being a family man.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is the first MCU film/show that feels, at least based on the trailer, as more of a Disney production than a MCU production. I know that sounds weird, but this trailer just gave off strong Disney vibes in terms of tone and style.

I'm not saying that's a good or bad thing....just how it felt after I saw the trailer.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Uninteresting trailer, Hawkguy is a bore, Renner a damp squib, but 💗 Hailee Steinfeld 💗 can do no wrong so this is going to be great.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is Pugh going to be in this? I would think she'd have to be right?

Yes

I mean

Idk if it's already been hard confirmed or not (though I swear I read something about it)

But the Black Widow post credits scene literally setup her going after Hawkeye, where else would it happen other than his own show?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a lot of fun! I hope it's as low stakes as the trailer suggests, I'm very in the mood for a fun Christmas-themed adventure

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer was fun but was it just me or did the acting seem terrible?

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Super lame trailer with the cornball Christmas song, but the footage looks solid

I'm hoping this continues the upswing that started with Loki. Marvel's D+ initiative was off to a rough start with WV and FxWS, but Loki was damn good

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who doesn't know shit about the comic its based on, I don't see anything to be excited here aside from that Cap musical. Hope it's good at least.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Super lame trailer with the cornball Christmas song, but the footage looks solid

I'm hoping this continues the upswing that started with Loki. Marvel's D+ initiative was off to a rough start with WV and FxWS, but Loki was damn good

Too bad What If is a giant waste of time though. Also, the first 7 episodes of WV were great. The last 2 when it descending into CG fisticuffs were bad though.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad What If is a giant waste of time though. Also, the first 7 episodes of WV were great. The last 2 when it descending into CG fisticuffs were bad though.
Oh right, i saw the first two episodes of What If and thought they were awful.

The flat voice work, rough animation, children's show writing are all mind boggling. Disney has unlimited cash, this shouldn't be worse than a fucking DOTA series.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Yes

I mean

Idk if it's already been hard confirmed or not (though I swear I read something about it)

But the Black Widow post credits scene literally setup her going after Hawkeye, where else would it happen other than his own show?
Variety put an article stating that she was added to the show and there are pictures of Florence in Atlanta at the time they were shooting the show there. Marvel has not officially confirmed tho.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Yes

I mean

Right I was just kinda surprised that she wasn't hinted at for that reason. Figured they would tie it in directly right off the bat. But maybe in the next trailer.