• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heisenberg726

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What's the general consensus on the game here?

I'm looking for a fun and fair f2p rpg on my phone that I can play for a few minutes every day. Is this good enough?

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Winter Soldier any good? I just got 50 of him from the mega orb and wondering if I should invest in growing him at all.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
like I said on the Discord... I got 100 Black Widow. Pretty shocked. Shame I'm so spent on currency and mats... this game drains what you have fast. Gonna be a few days before I can use her.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I got 50 Spider-Man this morning. He's still one of my main dudes, so I wasn't really sad about it. Is he any good later though?

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
77kisTjr.jpg

The Doc fucking delivers

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the general consensus on the game here?

I'm looking for a fun and fair f2p rpg on my phone that I can play for a few minutes every day. Is this good enough?

Its definitely fun. its extremely similar to SWGOH if you played that. I think the slow farming is fair but that might be because my only other reference point is getting screwed from gacha games over and over.

Winter Soldier any good? I just got 50 of him from the mega orb and wondering if I should invest in growing him at all.

Really really good. You're going to use him for the blaster challenge and blitz, even Arena since he can OHKO

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to decide if I want to buy cores. I'm enjoying this quite a bit.

Anyone taken the plunge to go into some IAP?

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Ugh don't think I'm gonna get Thanos. Short 30 and I cant find an alliance to do raids.

I'm sorry to hear that. I mentioned a few times in this thread over the past month that my alliance is accepting members, but only had a few people join, so I assumed people weren't interested.

I barely scraped by getting enough pieces for Thanos. My wife got him like a week ago and I was super jealous. My alliance is still accepting members, so feel free to join, everyone! It's The Revolver Ocelots.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm sorry to hear that. I mentioned a few times in this thread over the past month that my alliance is accepting members, but only had a few people join, so I assumed people weren't interested.

I barely scraped by getting enough pieces for Thanos. My wife got him like a week ago and I was super jealous. My alliance is still accepting members, so feel free to join, everyone! It's The Revolver Ocelots.
I just started the game late April.

I'm sure the Thanos event will show back up when Infinity War 2 is out.

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
Hey there a couple of spots free in the Great Lakes ERAvengers alliance if anyone needs.

Also really hope they don't leave Thanos without any way to rank him up at all for too long... It looks like unless I get lucky with the drops I'll be 10 short from 4 star

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey there a couple of spots free in the Great Lakes ERAvengers alliance if anyone needs.

Also really hope they don't leave Thanos without any way to rank him up at all for too long... It looks like unless I get lucky with the drops I'll be 10 short from 4 star
Since unlocking him all I've got is 5 shards per Orb. Very frustrating.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

I sent a request!

Wish I would have started this game sooner to get Thanos. Doesn't look like I'll have time even if I do get into an alliance.

I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought. I played GOH for a bit on and off, but the presentation be so much better in this one really makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
XBones
Gamora
Spidey
Thanos
Quake

Two tanks with AOE nukes, an Aoe slow/attack down nuke, and rng shenanigans with Spidey and Gamora. Blitz is dumb, y'all.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017

I started playing a few days ago and plan on it being my daily phone game if you're still accepting people. Go by Grigggles.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah, I went for top 10% on last vision blitz instead of top 500 cause I thought the mega orb was the superior value. Now top 10% gets vision. Sogood.gif

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to know what spot you're at percentage during the blitz? I'm guessing I'm way too weak to fight for top 10%, but I'm curious what those cutoffs are...

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Got an additional 15 Thanos shards in the mail but missing 10 for unlock. I haven't played SWGOH in a while so I forgot how dumb games with shard unlocks can be if you're not in a good team.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
75/100 Thanos Shards for me. I knew this was going to be the case but it still suuuuucks.
Really starting to regret not getting that Cap starter pack now...

Hopefully they bring the event back sometime soon or something. Heh.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Man been playing this game pretty casually since launch, getting less and less casual over time (as is generally the case once a Gacha Game sinks in) and I was salty as hellllll about ending the Thanos event at 95/100 shards.

...then lo and behold I get 15 in the mail, sending me over the top :)

The irony is I'm trying to figure out where he fits in my A-team, which I have pretty dialed-in at this point: Gamora, Quake, Wolverine, Crossbones, and Yondu.

I'd happily pay $10 for the Cap pack if they brought it back, but all the packs (and orbs) are such shit deals i feel almost forced to stay F2P. Shrug.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man been playing this game pretty casually since launch, getting less and less casual over time (as is generally the case once a Gacha Game sinks in) and I was salty as hellllll about ending the Thanos event at 95/100 shards.

...then lo and behold I get 15 in the mail, sending me over the top :)

The irony is I'm trying to figure out where he fits in my A-team, which I have pretty dialed-in at this point: Gamora, Quake, Wolverine, Crossbones, and Yondu.

I'd happily pay $10 for the Cap pack if they brought it back, but all the packs (and orbs) are such shit deals i feel almost forced to stay F2P. Shrug.

You don't have an actual tank in your team (Crossbones is not a main tank) so get thanos in there for Wolvie. And likely replace Thanos for Drax when you unlock him

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
I have Drax but he's unleveled. Didn't think he was worth it.

I don't really see why I need a main tank on offense? AI just spreads its damage around. I understand their use on defense.

OP
OP
IfSleepoversCouldTalk
Oct 24, 2017
So, maintenance tomorrow seems likely to be bringing Deadpool. According to someone on Reddit, an ad for Deadpool in Strike Force played before their advance screening for DP2. Said the kit was similar to Winter Soldier.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got Quake and am still buying her shards since she seems to be more useful at higher star than Crossbones.

Gamora vs Drax, though...Get them both and take turns leveling them or get one to high star first?

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I finally got Quake and am still buying her shards since she seems to be more useful at higher star than Crossbones.

Gamora vs Drax, though...Get them both and take turns leveling them or get one to high star first?

Gamora more important that crossbones but take care not to make gamora too strong which will unbalance your blitz

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing this a couple days ago, feels like an improved version of the DC one. Hitting 18 or so was like hitting a brick wall though. What's the best way to level your account at that point? Doing auto wins for XP until your characters can be trained to get past X dps/defense check in the campaign?

Last edited:

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing this a couple days ago, feels like an improved version of the DC one. Hitting 18 or so was like hotting a brick wall though. What's the best way to level your account at that point? Doing auto wins for XP until your characters can be trained to get past X dps/defense check in the campaign?

Grind gear to get your characters stronger. Your account level will naturally go up. Also do the 3x 50 core refresh daily.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a dumb question, but can you elaborate on this? When you say "unbalance my blitz", what do you mean exactly?

Not a dumb question, I love talking about stuff like this. I just didn't elaborate as I had posted a little about it earlier. What I mean is that I had a problem in that my gamora got starred faster than everyone else and I also leveled her the most because I wanted that sweet sweet 3x attack on her basic. So she was at 15k power while the rest of my team was still around 10-12k. This terribly unbalanced my team for blitz because the blitz teams thrown are based on your team's power level and then averaged out. So if you have power level 50k, enemy team will be 10k each. (At medium tiers. At higher tiers the enemy team will have a team power level higher than yours). As a result of that imbalance my quake was getting killed by AOEs and it was a mess. So try to evenly level up your team if you want to avoid getting bad matches in blitz.

On the other hand you can also exploit this mechanic. One of my best teams in blitz is 3 level one AIM trash, and a highly leveled Punisher and Hydre Rifle Trooper. They instantly take out the enemy team with their AOEs, because of how the enemy team is averaged out with your power level.