• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Way too expensive for what it is. Still waiting for the price to drop significantly. Happy for IG though

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the game were a little bit longer. It's 60€ here. But I can't wait to experience it, especially at 60fps+ some Rt
I measured the game up to the first one quality wise. And it's better. The storyline they told resonated with me, better combat, better set pieces, better soundtrack, better side quests to be honest. I mean it's shorter than the first game, but it's never been game length = worth the full price for me. It's about the quality.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
We need Spider-Gwen after Spider-Man 2
ffe5e6fce5af9509c14e8053ee28ebd1.gif

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That 87% subscriber rate is the reason why you won't see free online on all home consoles, lol.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Bought it twice. Digital Ultimate Edition and a copy of the physical normal edition from Walmart's price glitch.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine Marvel are gonna be a lot more eager for partnerships with PlayStation studios especially after Avengers bombed.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Played the remaster right after, and it really highlights alot of MM improvements in animation and combat. Can't wait to see what they can do with full on sequel.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
Congratulations to Insomniac. I love both this game and the 2018 game, so I am eagerly looking forward to a sequel.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Considering that it came out at the same price as Spiderman, a full game is insane

Only half trolling but mostly serious

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Well deserved, now give Miles Morales the full gaming experience.

You've got to hand it to Insomniac - they took a deadbeat, washed-up IP and turned it into a money-making juggernaut.

I don't think Insomniac Games are the only ones to credit, had Disney INFINITY not flopped, we wouldn't be seeing Disney and Marvel Games going back to this licensing approach for their IPs with their games.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
If anyone was wondering that Insomniac will only make a trilogy out of the IP, hopefully this shows you that won't be the case.

I wonder if Disney/Marvel will make Sony put the IP on multiple platforms like MLB eventually did when they renewed their licensing contract.

Nov 21, 2017
That (incredible) movie made Miles Morales a superstar in the super heroes universe.
Miles will join Peter (Tom Holland) probabaly soon too in the MCU.

Considering his uncle pretty much confirmed his existence it's only a matter of time he will be introduced. Perhaps when MCU Peter goes to college he can be a mentor to MCU Miles.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone was wondering that Insomniac will only make a trilogy out of the IP, hopefully this shows you that won't be the case.

I wonder if Disney/Marvel will make Sony put the IP on multiple platforms like MLB eventually did when they renewed their licensing contract.

Miles is an incredible System Seller and i don't see Sony benefiting from this in any way. MLB is a different beast, since the game being ( also/mainly) a Multiplayer game, Sony benefits greatly from the game being on multiple systems due to the MTX/DLC/Cosmetics being sold.
Does MLB have something similar to Ultimate Team? I'm pretty sure Ultimate Team is the main point of income in todays EA Games and you can see this when looking at game prices. You can buy FIFA few months after release for 25€. This was unthinkable years ago.

So while Sony benefits from MLB being Multiplatform ( So the resistance to release it Multiplatform is very slim ), i can't see it benefitting Sony to publish a Multiplatform single Player Spiderman game.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Miles is an incredible System Seller and i don't see Sony benefiting from this in any way. MLB is a different beast, since the game being a Multiplayer game, Sony benefits greatly from the game being on multiple systems due to the MTX/DLC/Cosmetics being sold.
Does MLB have something similar to Ultimate Team? I'm pretty sure Ultimate Team is the main point of income in todays EA Games and you can see this when looking at game prices. You can buy FIFA few months after release for 25€. This was unthinkable years ago.

So while Sony benefits from MLB being Multiplatform ( So the resistance to release it Multiplatform is very slim ), i can't see it benefitting Sony to publish a Multiplatform single Player Spiderman game.

Fair point. Just to point out, Diamond Dynasty is the equivalent to Ultimate Team for MLB The Show and while there are packs, it's not a pay to win system like FUT. There are far less incentives due to the currency system, and the lack of grind comparatively.

It's still a good point and this may mean that MLB could potentially become more profits driven, especially as they won't have any competition but that's besides the point.

I do wonder if they have a set amount of games agreed upon on their current contract. If they have to renegotiate the licensing agreement, it's possible for Disney/Marvel to squeeze more out of the deal in the future. At the end of the day, it's what's in Disney/Marvel's best interest as well, not just Sony's.