• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So backstory:
A few days ago people started watching Wandavision and saw Jimmy Woo in it and this led to a petition on twitter of making a marvel show where he travels around the Marvel earth solving mysteries. Well I guess it got notice from Marvel/ Disney and now pitches are underway.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Get Lizzy Caplan on this to reprise her potential SHIELD role plsssssssss

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My daughter and I are watching Fresh off the Boat and keeping up with WandaVision, so we'd both love this.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno, sounds like a guy that's maybe self promoting and stuff.

I really doubt Disney / marvel, with how secretive they are, is okay with someone openly talking about pitching them shows.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Basically Disney+, can't stop the flood.

tumblr_pr1jssBimn1rrcq9z_1280.gifv

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe give him a group of dysfunctional 50s style pulp heroes to command and call it something like Agents of Atlas.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017

I really doubt Disney / marvel, with how secretive they are, is okay with someone openly talking about pitching them shows.

Right? A guy whose biggest gig was a guest stint on Teen Wolf and is 3 years removed from his last acting role who had a viral tweet? Just seems like wishful thinking.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I love Park in everything I've seen him in and I wish him all the success he can handle. Please make this happen.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I love X-Files so I'll take anything like it, but I'm not getting my hopes up with that guy pitching it. Disney will probably take the idea and give it to someone else lol.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Randal Park getting a spin off makes me almost as happy as seeing Appa from Kim's Convenience as a X-Wing pilot in terms of Asian representation in non-typical roles.

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
Been a Randall Park fan since Ikea Heights. Glad he's deservedly getting more exposure, in for whatever he does.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A more family-oriented X-Files based on Marvel weirdness is just a really fun idea.

Gimme the weird shit, I want to see him work with Monica more. Throw in a monster hunter.

.... throw in a machine man

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Man all i want is them them to give some love to Agents of SHIELD. Is that too much to ask?

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Right? A guy whose biggest gig was a guest stint on Teen Wolf and is 3 years removed from his last acting role who had a viral tweet? Just seems like wishful thinking.

He's actually done (ie: producing/directing) some successful shorts on the side. He did the 1917 parody "2020" which was pretty good and got pretty big.

I mean I doubt it'd go anywhere and him being loud about it on social media preclude it from being something for Marvel Studios (especially considering their heavy slate), but I wouldn't be surprised his viral tweet got him to be in a meeting room with someone who has influence from Marvel Studios (not Feige himself)

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam

đź’Ż
Almost everything in MCU is planned so far ahead of time and they are not short of ideas. Schedules are so packed for the next 5 years for this show even if they want to make it.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Does literally every other episode of every goddamn Disney show have to be some backdoor for another spinoff. Christ.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
From Kamen Rider Dragon Knight to writing pitches to Disney. I hope this works out for him.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
The tweet by the same guy in the OP making the suggestion got over 100k upvotes on the Marvel Studios subreddit and is a top 4 post of all time. It went crazy viral.

Not surprising that Marvel and Disney would want to make some movement on this and I wouldn't be surprised if Woo was in the show because they were testing the waters to see if audiences would be receptive to him so they could eventually set up an Agents of Atlas.

Trigger

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Randall Park is genuinely delightful. I'd watch a show with him as the lead, and the Marvel universe is ripe for strange stories.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I mean, Disney + is looking to make just about any Marvel or SW series it can, so why not? I'd watch it. Randall Park is great.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Does literally every other episode of every goddamn Disney show have to be some backdoor for another spinoff. Christ.
Disney wants original content for Disney+ (and are willing to pay for it) and Marvel has an overabundance of ideas that would take decades to just make movies out of the biggest IPs. It's a win-win.

Besides, not every show will go for multiple seasons and are more like mini-series that better fit the format than a movie.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
Always wondered why the hell Coulson was created for the movies when Jimmy Woo was always right there.