• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The First Avengers vs Puberty first hit Thanos. They didn't go into details be evidentally it was a route. I mean how could it not be with The Phoenix, Ghost Rider, Starbrand, and Odin
296a541b-08cc-4dee-80fj54.jpeg

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what the context for this page is, but I would gladly read a one-shot/four-part mini-series of Mammoth Ghost Rider.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how is Thanos that old.
Weren't Eternals created like 10,000 years ago?

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
This run has a lot if fun ideas, but it's also kinda boring.

I like the idea of Ancient Avengers, but, last I checked, they're appearances are far and few between.

Blade and Ghost Rider are the best parts of the modern day team.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Why when I read young Thanos' word bubble in my head, I just hear Zim from Invader Zim.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This run has a lot if fun ideas, but it's also kinda boring.

I like the idea of Ancient Avengers, but, last I checked, they're appearances are far and few between.

Blade and Ghost Rider are the best parts of the modern day team.
someone should do Ancient New Warriors

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
The timeline is really screwed up for the sake of "One million years ago there were Avengers" thing. Like, aren't humans supposed to date back to only 300 thousand or so years ago? The Celestials were probably messing around earlier than then, sure, but then you've got to have the whole Eternals and Deviants thing going on, which evidently has happened already if Thanos is there. And it messes with Thanos as well. Being an Eternal, I'm sure he was always hundreds, if not thousands of years old, but being over a million just makes him look a bit on the pathetic side, just screwing around for so long and getting nothing done until recently. Plus I'm pretty sure he was an adult when he separated from the rest of the Titan Eternals, but I don't even know anymore.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
The First Avengers vs Puberty first hit Thanos. They didn't go into details be evidentally it was a route. I mean how could it not be with The Phoenix, Ghost Rider, Starbrand, and Odin
296a541b-08cc-4dee-80fj54.jpeg

This doesn't make sense. Is that guy with the hammer Thor's grand father, Bor? He alone could destroy Thanos.

my mistake thats Odin who also alone can defeat Thanos.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I am pretty sure Thanos is not over a million years old. Though I suppose with Thanos you could always write it away as some time travel shenanigans.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why writers like Aaron and Bendis are so allergic to continuity. It's not like they're crafting stories of such magnitude that they smoothly replace whatever it is they're rewriting; it usually just annoys the hardcores because they didn't want to check the wiki on how this decades old shared universe works.

If continuity were an albatross around the neck then the MCU, defined by making you go watch an Ant-Man movie to keep up to date, wouldn't be the most popular thing in the world.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
This doesn't make sense. Is that guy with the hammer Thor's grand father, Bor? He alone could destroy Thanos.

my mistake thats Odin who also alone can defeat Thanos.
OK, that explains dwarf Thor.

But, why are Sub-mariner wearing a towel, Moondragon and Darkwolf from Fire & Ice there?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The timeline is really screwed up for the sake of "One million years ago there were Avengers" thing. Like, aren't humans supposed to date back to only 300 thousand or so years ago? The Celestials were probably messing around earlier than then, sure, but then you've got to have the whole Eternals and Deviants thing going on, which evidently has happened already if Thanos is there. And it messes with Thanos as well. Being an Eternal, I'm sure he was always hundreds, if not thousands of years old, but being over a million just makes him look a bit on the pathetic side, just screwing around for so long and getting nothing done until recently. Plus I'm pretty sure he was an adult when he separated from the rest of the Titan Eternals, but I don't even know anymore.

It's a comic book. They're just having fun with a prehistoric Avengers, which is a pretty amusing concept. I mean, c'mon - they just wanted an excuse for Ghost Rider to ride a mammoth, silly things like that.

You don't really need to try to fit it into the actual Marvel universe chronology because you'll just end up going mad trying to figure out how Agamotto was running around a million years ago even though he was only born 25000 years ago.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Aarons run has been pretty dull which is weird considering the big idea's he has for it. Hopefully he gets back on a single character book after this wraps in 5 years.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a comic book. They're just having fun with a prehistoric Avengers, which is a pretty amusing concept. I mean, c'mon - they just wanted an excuse for Ghost Rider to ride a mammoth, silly things like that.

You don't really need to try to fit it into the actual Marvel universe chronology because you'll just end up going mad trying to figure out how Agamotto was running around a million years ago even though he was only born 25000 years ago.

It's a story set in a universe with defined rules and continuity that certain writers don't want to follow.

If you just want to do your own thing with no regard for how it fits why the heck are you writing a Marvel book?

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
This whole caveman Avengers take isn't my bag, but Aaron's focus on supernatural shit is fantastic.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
What about Victorian Ghost Rider complete with Flaming Victorian Wagon and early 20th century Ghost Rider with Flaming model T tho?

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's Mephisto's master plan? He's been whispering in the ears of these big bad guys. But for what reason?

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017

I don't really have an issue with caveman Avengers really, but you can achieve the same thing much more believably with just saying 25,000 BC or even 100,000 BC. A million years ago was probably picked because it sounded cool, but it really it doesn't make sense from either an in-universe sense (and being a connected continuity is a main draw for 616 Marvel) or for actual human evolutionary history. Like, Neandertals hadn't even diverged at that point most likely. And then you've got the notion that Wakanda (who aren't homo sapiens now?), K'un-L'un, Odin, and Thanos were just twiddling their thumbs for literally a million years.