• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh it's a Jason Aaron joint?

giphy.gif

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I could've sworn they did this exact same storyline in that Avengers cartoon. In that the Squadron Supreme used the Reality Gem to change everything so the Avengers never existed and they were instead the heroes. This looks like it's pretty much the same thing. You can even see Thanos only has five of the Infinity Gems, not all six.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
That has me a bit more interested than the teases on Twitter the other day. As long as it doesn't lead to another heroes vs heroes thing.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So it just an Avengers event that can be cool
"Written by Jason Aaron"
Welp there goes my interest

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
And i thought re-using 'Secret Wars' was a fluke. I'm curious as to why Marvel Comics are reusing old comic event names. I certainly hope Marvel Comics ain't teetering into bankruptcy again and gave creative control over their IP to some independents for a year or so while they grapple with their financials.

Also, I hope this nu-'Heroes Reborn' ain't just a run-of-the-mill Squadron Supreme story arc. I'll wait and see what its going to be before jumping in. If they could inject some of that false-facing, double-dealing, PR-bullshitting that the OG Thunderbolts (or for newer fans, Vought's Seven from the Boys) had during the OG-'Heroes Reborn' era, i would be all over it.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Aarons Avengers run is super boring which is weird because the stuff he is doing in it should be anything but. Easy skip until it hits Marvel Unlimited.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So this is basically the rough draft for the inevitable Squadron Supreme flick staring the DCEU cast.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
How many times does the Squadron Supreme keep coming back?

I think at least Hyperion has been constantly around since Hickman's Avengers run. After Secret Wars then there was a Squadron Supreme with members from multiple worlds (but only hanging around in the main Earth), then they broke up but Hyperion still made a few appearances.

Right as he was fading out Aaron introduced this new government created Squadron Supreme of America in his Avengers run (seemingly all new versions of the characters, no relation to the old ones). Although they've only had side appearances. This is actually the first story focused on them aside from their introduction.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the Supreme Power run.

But who the hell asked for Heroes Reborn? The only thing interesting for me at that time was Jim Lee's Fantastic Four and even that was half baked.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit behind on Aaron's Avengers, but are they spinning off the Squadron Supreme he was developing in that book or somehow writing an Elseworlds origin story for it?

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Kevin Feige is the head of Marvel comic too now. This getting greenlight might mean Squadron Supreme MCU movie lmao

Yo maybe that Dottie theory in Wandavision might actually have some legitness to it. XD

Also don't know if anyone noticed but this seems to be a world without the X-Men or Spider-Man either. Like that one shot was clearly Wolverine with Alpha Flight.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That takes me back some of my first complete collections were the heroes reborn stuff and Onslaught.

God was the art awful and the stories mostly aswell

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I know a lot of people dislike Jason Aaron's Avengers run but it has been so batshit crazy fun for me that I'm actually looking forward to what he will do with this concept.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
That takes me back some of my first complete collections were the heroes reborn stuff and Onslaught.

God was the art awful and the stories mostly aswell

if I remember well done later interviews, the whole thing was rushed in little time to really develop it. Jim Lee in particular said that he wanted to redesign the Human Torch (still using the old 60s "lines" drawing all over his body) but didn't have the time.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I would rather have this be about the TV show. I'd rather have more of that God awful thing than this God awful thing.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Squadron Supreme?
Other than Hyperion not getting a better costume im all in.

Aint gonna lie the Hydra-Venom actually works surprisingly well.

If Squadron Supreme enters the MCU and is a better Justice League than Justice League imma cackle to death.