• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

90's era of comics is officially back.

EDIT: Looks like it's a Squadron Supreme event.

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Whhhhyyyyy

I mean, it'll absolutely be better than the first one, because it would have to be, but why? Why return to a story with no goodwill?

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody wants this.

We saw how shitty that 2020 throwback was last year, nobody wants any more garbage 90s shit.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
*Rob Liefeld frantically checks his inbox*

They'll bring back Onslaught again eventually.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sure, why not? I'll never understand people crying about stuff like this when you can just ignore it if it's bad.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck it why not. Personally Id rather have a full reboot of the show, or just a soft reboot.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Guessing this is just going to be a miniseries? Why not? That way we can just skip it and fans can enjoy

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with the original event y'all seem to be referring to since I've only read comics here and there. Anyone got a link?
TLDW Heroes Reborn was an attempt by marvel at reboot and probably why they never attempt one again
Essentially they move some of their lesser selling or "old fashioned" characters (basically all the non x men and non spider characters, this was before Avengers were actually popular) to a new earth made by Franklin Richards when a bunch of them were killed by Onslaught

Because it was a cash grab and the 90s the initiative was led by the top 90s creators at the time like Liefeld

Blah blah blah it didn't work and no one talks about it again and all the heroes come back to normal earth and Avengers afterwards did get a classic run so hey

We did get Thunderbolts as a result when The Masters of Evil led by Zemo pretended to be heroes in their arch nemesis Avengers was gone as a scam so that's good

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
TLDW Heroes Reborn was an attempt by marvel at reboot and probably why they never attempt one again
Essentially they move some of their lesser selling or "old fashioned" characters (basically all the non x men and non spider characters, this was before Avengers were actually popular) to a new earth made by Franklin Richards when a bunch of them were killed by Onslaught

Because it was a cash grab and the 90s the initiative was led by the top 90s creators at the time like Liefeld

Blah blah blah it didn't work and no one talks about it again and all the heroes come back to normal earth and Avengers afterwards did get a classic run so hey

We did get Thunderbolts as a result when The Masters of Evil led by Zemo pretended to be heroes in their arch nemesis Avengers was gone as a scam so that's good

Thank you very much for the explanation! So this is the time period were Thunderbolts came in which I've read about a bit. I'll check out the video next.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
HR was never dead as long as Rikki Barnes was running around