• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe they're launching a full series (mini series?) to explore a throw away line from the 90s about a third Summers brother. I would have thought that only 30+ year old nerds even care about something as tired as the Summers family bloodlines. But here we are. Clearly I don't know crap anymore.

Xterminate me if old

comicbook.com

Marvel Releases X-Men Legends Trailer

Marvel has released the X-Men Legends trailer, giving fans a nice, cinematic-style preview of the [...]

Last edited:

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
I'm confused... Isn't the third Summers brother Vulcan? They revealed that like 15 years ago (In another mini-series naturally)

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hickman is in his office saying 'god damnit who let this happen'

giphy.gif

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So.. It's Vulcan. And it's funny because at this point he's just chillin' with the rest of the Summers family on the moon. Making steaks.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
Oh Fabian Nicienza...

now it makes sense lol

BTw why would Sinister saying that be weird since Havok was around back then?

Oct 28, 2017
I ended up looking into Hickman's run last night. I've been out of the loop on Xmen since Old Man Logan (loved it until the artist/writer left) and Wolverine and the Xmen (until Aaron left).

How's it been? I'm mostly a Wolverine fan.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta wonder how many problems would be solved if someone just prevented Corsair from procreating at all.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't get it. We already did this in 2006. It's Vulcan.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
From the IGN article. It might 4 Summer brothers including Vulcan..... so Adam X back in rotation. EXTREME IS BACK

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
I ended up looking into Hickman's run last night. I've been out of the loop on Xmen since Old Man Logan (loved it until the artist/writer left) and Wolverine and the Xmen (until Aaron left).

It's nothing you've ever seen before (quite literally)... It's really, really far out there In terms of weirdness.

From the IGN article. It might 4 Summer brothers including Vulcan..... so Adam X back in rotation. EXTREME IS BACK
So that empty room next to Vulcan and Havok has a use after all!

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i'm assuming this is about a fourth brother, because yes - vulcan has been the third for a minute

10/10 incredible shit - read all of it

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So.. It's Vulcan. And it's funny because at this point he's just chillin' with the rest of the Summers family on the moon. Making steaks.
That was a different writer and they never said there was only three Summers brothers. This book is notable X-Men creators going back to storylines they never got to finish.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's nothing you've ever seen before (quite literally)... It's really, really far out there In terms of weirdness.

So that empty room next to Vulcan and Havok has a use after all!

I figured that was just there because nobody wanted to sleep that close to the nonstop fuck fest in the 10/11/12 cluster.

Runner

Nov 1, 2017
in one of these summers family stories, has anyone ever used the phrasE "oh you sweet summers child"

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Adam X is the stupidest shit. Fabian needs to give up on this stupidness.

If anything it's far better to make Gambit a Summers brother as he was adopted.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
By the way I remember sitting in the back of my dads car reading this issue the day it came out and hanging my mind blown by that line.

machine

Oct 25, 2017
For god's sake Marvel, just put Fabian Nicienza back on Thunderbolts. That was the best work he's ever done.

Dr.Social

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is just X-Men Legends #1, the rest of the series is different creators returning.

Along with Fabian Nicieza and Chris Claremont, the series will bring together the talents of Louise Simonson, Larry Hama, Peter David, and more.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is just X-Men Legends #1, the rest of the series is different creators returning.

I hope Claremont's part of this will be to retcon Nightcrawler and Rogue's parentage to what his original plan was:

- half siblings, both the biological children of Mystique
- Rogue's biological parents: Mystique (mother), some dude (father)
- Nightcrawler's biological parents: Destiny (Mother), Mystique (father)

...which of course, there was no way in hell Marvel would let him do in the 80's or even 90's, considering he couldn't even really show Mystique and Destiny in a monogamous marriage, and had to just wink and code it.

Dec 30, 2020
Would be fantastic if it was just a normal dude who worked in retail.

"YOU WILL NOT STOP ME, NORMAN SUMMERS, MASTER OF THE PRICE CHECK!"

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Old Sinister is soooooo boring compared to modern flamboyant amazing Sinister.
He even doesn't compliment his cape!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Just so people know. This isn't something out of nowhere. The comic itself is designed to let some of the legends of the X-Men writing staff finish off plots they were never allowed to or had time to do before.

It was announced a whole ago. The additional Summers brother is just one of the things that will be addressed.

bleedingcool.com

Reviving The X-Men Dangling Plot Thread For X-Men Legends

Marvel recently announced a new comic book series, X-Men Legends, with classic creative teams looking to pick up past storylines over the decades and

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Just so people know. This isn't something out of nowhere. The comic itself is designed to let some of the legends of the X-Men writing staff finish off plots they were never allowed to or had time to do before.

It was announced a whole ago. The additional Summers brother is just one of the things that will be addressed.

bleedingcool.com

Reviving The X-Men Dangling Plot Thread For X-Men Legends

Marvel recently announced a new comic book series, X-Men Legends, with classic creative teams looking to pick up past storylines over the decades and

oh cool let Rick Remender's make more Uncanny X-Force.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Are these in continuity? Kind of weird if they acknowledge Gambit and/or Adam-X as the fourth brother(s) in a thread from 1993 or whatever and they ignored any story telling between that point and now in the comics.