• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I like how British Superheroes have to have their identity completely tied to some British trait. Like there isn't Sgt. South Carolina.
Arkansas has Razor back. I love that unless you were told you could never guess what his mutant power is
He can pilot any vehicle automatically
Razorback-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man.jpg

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Captain Brexit: the mad angry middle aged superhero keeps getting damage / losing powers each episode but insists he isn't and that everything's fine

KindlyImpartialAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'm cringing. Due to Brexit anything mildly patriotic just makes my neck instantly retract into itself, I know I need to see a doctor.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

I don't know. The sentiment feels very different than 2014 broadly and seeing how Westminster has treated the Scots in the last three years, I wouldn't blame the Scots at all if they did (I say this as someone who wanted the Scots to Remain in '14)

If Brexit impacts hit as projected, I suspect they will be able to engineer an indyref2 within two years and if that happens, I'd say it becomes quite probable

Emmaginary

Self-requested ban
Aug 13, 2019
I don't know. The sentiment feels very different than 2014 broadly and seeing how Westminster has treated the Scots in the last three years, I wouldn't blame the Scots at all if they did (I say this as someone who wanted the Scots to Remain in '14)

If Brexit impacts hit as projected, I suspect they will be able to engineer an indyref2 within two years and if that happens, I'd say it becomes quite probable

If When Brexit turns to shit, wonĀ“t the UK Tories know that a referendum in Scotland is likely to turn against them and therefore just not allow one (sadly).
Scotland is EnglandĀ“s prisoner here. All the Tories have to do is say "no" and thereĀ“s nothing Scotland can do, right? Meanwhile England will keep returning Tories to power because... blue passports.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I was so busy laughing at Snakes that I almost didn't notice that Paul Grist is writing this.

I'm actually going to have to read a new Marvel book...

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
If When Brexit turns to shit, wonĀ“t the UK Tories know that a referendum in Scotland is likely to turn against them and therefore just not allow one (sadly).
Scotland is EnglandĀ“s prisoner here.

In theory, yes. But the next few years are going to absolutely tie the Tory party up in knots. On the Immigration plans alone they are proposing the unknown, the unconsidered and uncared for consequences will blow up in their faces.

They are going to be firefighting everything on all fronts. And people and dissent will grow, and Scotland will get invariably more pissed off to the point where it becomes a dam, where pressure builds and builds

All I can say is that sure the Tories can keep denying the Scots, but it's disingenuous of them to say it was a 'once in a lifetime' vote when the perversely ironic context of that was them in '14 equally saying 'You leave us, you leave the EU'

I suspect the dam will burst sooner than later. 2022?

Emmaginary

Self-requested ban
Aug 13, 2019
All I can say is that sure the Tories can keep denying the Scots, but it's disingenuous of them to say it was a 'once in a lifetime' vote when the perversely ironic context of that was them in '14 equally saying 'You leave us, you leave the EU'

Yes, totally. But never trust a Tory.

Fingers crossed for Scottish independence.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The only way indyref2 is happening is if the UK votes in a government that's more aligned to what Scotland want. It's ironic.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland is EnglandĀ“s prisoner here. All the Tories have to do is say "no" and thereĀ“s nothing Scotland can do, right? Meanwhile England will keep returning Tories to power because... blue passports.

That's the thing about independence movements. They're about not letting the institution at the top have the final say any more. It's why it's called "independence". Otherwise the U.S and Canada would still be controlled by Britain, France etc., there'd still be colonies instead of countries in Africa.

Maybe now is a tipping point where the Scottish government stops asking permission. We can only wait and see what happens next.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Those straplines for the heroes read like they were written by someone who only had English as a second language.

Oct 26, 2017
That's the thing about independence movements. They're about not letting the institution at the top have the final say any more. It's why it's called "independence". Otherwise the U.S and Canada would still be controlled by Britain, France etc., there'd still be colonies instead of countries in Africa.

Maybe now is a tipping point where the Scottish government stops asking permission. We can only wait and see what happens next.
That's a very difficult thing to do given the circumstances.

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
Why doesn't England have its own hero? Its designated hero is literally wearing and named after the union flag.

Shoulda gone with something obviously English like Gammon, Bile or maybe Xenophobe.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Using a St Patrick reference with the Union Jack for Northern Ireland Man is a weird mix