• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

'The Union' Introduces New Superteam to Marvel's Comic Book Universe This May

A five-part series will feature Britain's first line of superhero defense.
A five-part series will feature Britain's first line of superhero defense.

In the real world, the political fallout of recent political events — Brexit, last year's general election — has put relations between England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Island into some jeopardy, but in the Marvel Universe, the union is apparently stronger than ever — as evidenced in the debut of a new British superhero team, called The Union.

Debuting in a five-part series spinning out of the forthcoming Empyre storyline, The Union teams Union Jack — a hero who first appeared in 1976's The Invaders No. 21 — with four all-new characters, each one representing different countries in the United Kingdom: Snakes from Northern Ireland, Kelpie from Scotland, The Choir from Wales, and team leader Britannia.
No pete wysdom is a bummer excelsiorlef

marvel_union_-_publicity_-_h_2020_.jpg

ERKYDUsWAAICGni

ERKzooCXkAAxSBh

ERKGKnaW4AEfr7d

ERFp8iYXUAAD9rj

ERFCjmWXYAAOHks

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Aren't Scotland and Northern Ireland highly likely to leave the UK due to Brexit?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Brittania's demon lion shield + boob armor combo is certainly...a design choice.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I'll pick it up just because it's got Union Jack, who's always been cooler than Captain Britain.

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so wait... There's now a superhero that's just named "Snakes"?

Did Marvel give up or something?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Im still excited for the book.

Wonder if Brian Braddock joins the team now that hes not Capt. Britain anymore

EDIT: Im sure they will flesh out these characters more in the actual book. This is just marketing speak introducing the characters.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
love that there's a dude just called SNAKES

my favourite aussie superteam is the one in Astro City which was a superteam deliberately dreamed up by marketing executives from the 80s for a shitty cartoon

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
love that there's a dude just called SNAKES

my favourite aussie superteam is the one in Astro City which was a superteam deliberately dreamed up by marketing executives from the 80s for a shitty cartoon
Cap'n Oz- Half Human/Half Genie(long story)
William-Destine-Marvel-Comics-Clan-Destine.jpg

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Is the villains team gonna be the Commonwealth Syndicate.

My brain is having some trouble parsing that grammar.
My favorite comic marketing bit ever was for a character called Heavy. His tagline was "His strenght is measured on the sesmic scale", I still don't know what that means.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I like how British Superheroes have to have their identity completely tied to some British trait. Like there isn't Sgt. South Carolina.