• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
Pretty sure this book is not canon. It's basically X-men Forever but Fabian's turn.

I thought so too but a poke around other articles on the linked website seems to suggest that this, and an upcoming Walt / Louise Simonson X-Factor story, are cannon, just taking place in between issues of the era of "Kayfabian Nicieza and Scott Job-dell", as Cartoonist Kayfabe likes to call them

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Watch this issue shoot to high heaven now

clean.jpg

I think I had that issue...

Also, I just noticed this:

lets-make-a-game-where-you-tap-things-theres-10312951.png

Nearly every face from that cover could be used for a crappy mobile game.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So Cyclops is a summers kid, Havok's a summers kid, Vulcan's a summers kid, Adam X is a summers kid, I'm a summers brother; are there any more Summers brothers I should know about?!

Gambit: hon hon hon

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
He has also been recently spotted in Krakoa during a trial for Colossus (X-Force) & was also streaming a Podcast from MojoWorld (X-Factor)
ub8L8oI.jpg

ucH96mn.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adam-X is the most 90's character ever.

And that's why he's fucking rad.

Mysterious backstory that instantly makes him incredibly important to a major X-Men character, over the top powers, immediately getting dropped with no resolution, the knives on his clothes, the backwards hat, the blonde dreads, the name.

Adam X the X-Treme is not a character he is a living window into what comics were for a very brief period of time everyone tries to forget and never can.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Honestly while Adam-X was the epitome of characters created during the Dark Age of Comics, in a way he wasn't.

His mysterious background was meant to be revealed. Unlike 99% of the rest.

His look could easily be settled down into something more contemporary. Unlike 99% of the rest.

While his power set was ridiculous it had a lot of potential for creative use. Unlike 99% of the rest.

The thing is, if Adam X hadn't been dropped like a bad habit he could of easily had a revival similar to the one Shatterstar had.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
corsair out here exploring every inch of the cosmos but couldn't wrap it up

Ah, no, Corsair's not Adam's father, that's Emperor D'Ken.

However one of the planned origins for Apocalypse was that Chris cheated on his wife at some point with a mysterious Mutant, leading to the birth of his illegitimate son, who was then kidnapped by a time traveler and dumped into ancient Egypt.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

However one of the planned origins for Apocalypse was that Chris cheated on his wife at some point with a mysterious Mutant, leading to the birth of his illegitimate son, who was then kidnapped by a time traveler and dumped into ancient Egypt.
Lol. I'd rather Apocalypse has been the Owl as originally planned.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City

shit, didn't know that
and fucking hell, that's..."wolverine was a real wolverine" level of absurd shit, glad neither of them panned out (though i could swear the former was made up?)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shit, didn't know that
and fucking hell, that's..."wolverine was a real wolverine" level of absurd shit, glad neither of them panned out (though i could swear the former was made up?)

It goes back and forth but I think the final word is that Wolverine's creator, Len Wein, wanted him to be an actual wolverine mutated by the High Evolutionary, but a similar origin was proposed for Spider-Woman and rejected, so he became a Mutant. Claremont himself never had any intent to make Wolverine anything but a Mutant.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
All of that was planned because the writer of Cable at the time thought it was stupid that the first Mutant was born in Egypt.

So he tried to make that instead.
Yeah how stupid that one of the cradles of civilization would have "the first mutant"

I like how the Dawn of X comics has now made it 4 eras of mutants though. First Era, the pre-historic Phoenix and her tribe. The Second Era the Hyborian age and Selene and those like her. The Third Era Apocalypse and those of his horseman and such. And the Modern Era, Namor and those who came after.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
It goes back and forth but I think the final word is that Wolverine's creator, Len Wein, wanted him to be an actual wolverine mutated by the High Evolutionary, but a similar origin was proposed for Spider-Woman and rejected, so he became a Mutant. Claremont himself never had any intent to make Wolverine anything but a Mutant.
Len was consistent in saying that was never the case and Wolverine was always human in his work, just FYI.

Say What?

There's currently an article making the rounds over on the Yahoo! movies site called "10 Essential Facts About 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'" ....

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Len was consistent in saying that was never the case and Wolverine was always human in his work, just FYI.

Say What?

There's currently an article making the rounds over on the Yahoo! movies site called "10 Essential Facts About 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'" ....

Aw damn it.

Maybe it's just an urban legend then or something that got kicked around.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? Bring back that abandoned storyline where Gambit was a clone created by mixing Cyclops's DNA with Sinister's. Fuck it. Everyone's a Summers.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

It was Cockrum's idea. Claremont shot it down. I had forgotten it until I rewatched an interview with Claremont today. The legend is that after Giant Sized X-Men both creator's had the idea. In truth it was Cockrum's idea and Claremont just wanted to make him older than Wein's teenager idea and wanted the claws to be part of his body instead of just in the gauntlets.

To paraphrase Claremont, "If his claws are in his gauntlets than anyone wearing the gauntlets are Wolverine."

I honestly think making Wolvie older and more experienced than most of the Giant Sized team, and making the claws part of his body were good calls.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
It's getting to the point where "powers do not work on other Summers brothers" is going to have to be listed on their data sheets as their primary weakness.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Gambit being a clone would make five, enough for a basketball team.

They could then do a basketball spinoff series where they hooped with the Fantastic Five, maybe Five Summer's Children could be the final boss. Have them possessed by the Barkley Force that makes their dunks too extreme.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Gambit being a clone would make five, enough for a basketball team.

They could then do a basketball spinoff series where they hooped with the Fantastic Five, maybe Five Summer's Children could be the final boss. Have them possessed by the Barkley Force that makes their dunks too extreme.

They should just make everyone with energy-projection powers in Marvel a Summers brother.

Yes, even Jubilee. She's a Summers brother.