• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.cbr.com

X-Men Legends Finally Solves a Decades-Old Mutant Mystery

X-Men: Legends finally confirms the nature of the connection between Adam X, Cyclops and the rest of the Summers family.

X-Men-Legends-Adam-X-2.jpg

That means he is a Summers. Eat it BKatastrophe

Now lets clean up The Witness Storyline Dalek

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha fuck yes Fabian Nicieza stays winning baybeeeeeeee

Adam X the X-Treme is the real third Summers brother. That's canon and you're never taking it back.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine getting hired by marvel to revisit a story thread you introduced decades ago that no one gives a shit about

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
@ComicsERA post if you're still alive after getting your entire world rocked by the return of Adam X the X-Treme in his true and deserved state.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine getting hired by marvel to revisit a story thread you introduced decades ago that no one gives a shit about

Yeah they did that a while ago. It was called X-Men Forever where Claremont wrote a new story from where he left off in 1991, and then it spun off into a little subset of its own where other classic creators got to do a fun little mini of a series they used to do.

Only difference here is that this is canon duuuuude Adam X the X-Treme brother of Cyclops permanently canon

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
so they didnt really know he was their brother and then cyclops just shoots a beam at the dude's face? thats one way to test the theory.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so they didnt really know he was their brother and then cyclops just shoots a beam at the dude's face? thats one way to test the theory.

If you were approached by a man wearing knives on his shoulders with the power to set your blood on fire would you do any different?

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
.....Welp they came up with a good retcon with Captain Universe, had to balance it out somehow.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adam X the X-Treme would never make a speech about the "M word."

Kinketsu

Nov 17, 2017
www.cbr.com

X-Men Legends Finally Solves a Decades-Old Mutant Mystery

X-Men: Legends finally confirms the nature of the connection between Adam X, Cyclops and the rest of the Summers family.

X-Men-Legends-Adam-X-2.jpg

That means he is a Summers. Eat it BKatastrophe

Now lets clean up The Witness Storyline Dalek

I am glad it is finally canon. I assume he tried to make one of them "BURN!" and it didnt work. I havent seen him since X-Force 30, January 1994 so I am amused that his hat is still on backwards and everything. But....

Is Havok cross eyed in that top panel? My eyes are bad, but it looks like it to me.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
fuck it, let's add more Summer brothers. why stop at 4? who else can we add? who else shoots energy? Justice, firestar, keep adding!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What about the mysterious Summers brother--...

...in-law!!!

If Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch ever become Magneto's kids again then Cyclops will have a lawful connection to Ultron.

I wouldn't say it's a gift...

Adam X the X-Treme has returned in full prominence. No one can ever degrade him as a shitty edgy joke from days long past anymore because he is now the full canon Third Summers Brother.

We are blessed with him. This is my Snyder Cut.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Adam X the X-Treme has returned in full prominence. No one can ever degrade him as a shitty edgy joke from days long past anymore because he is now the full canon Third Summers Brother.

We are blessed with him. This is my Snyder Cut.

This isn't the Zack Snyder cut. This isn't even the Scott Snyder cut.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Havok: "You can just call me Alex"
Adam-X:

Adam_Neramani_%28Earth-616%29_and_Cain_Marko_%28Earth-616%29_from_Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_542_0001.jpg

We need a Reiju for our Vinsmoke collection.

Sellout Avengers: "Mutants pls stop being so loud and live quietly on your rock outside San Fransisco."

Adam X the X-Treme, the third Summers brother:

862178-adam_x_01.jpg

This isn't the Zack Snyder cut. This isn't even the Scott Snyder cut.

Yeah 'cause it's actually good.

Nicieza gets it. Anyone else who tried to bring Adam back would lean heavily on how outdated he is, but Nicieza? That shit was his jam. If you're buying a Nicieza X-Men comic in 2021 you better fucking buckle up for revelations about the Summers bloodline.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
When are they going to finish bishop story, after the stupid tease of onslaught not being the event. Or what about his grandmother storm and his grandfather tchalla? Will that ever get resolved?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure this book is not canon. It's basically X-men Forever but Fabian's turn.

Technically speaking, Adam X the X-Treme has been a canon Summers brother since his introduction, even if the actual reveal never happened.

He's a Shi'Ar/Human hybrid, and the only human woman in the Shi'Ar Empire at the time was Katherine Summers, Cyclops and Havok's mom. It can't be anybody but her.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway if you're not convinced this is the best possible choice, later X-Men writers tried to set up Gambit and then Apocalypse as the long lost Summers brother.

Please explain how so :D

Cyclops' brother Havok has had a long lasting relationship with Polaris that almost lead to marriage a couple times.

Polaris is sometimes the daughter of Magneto and the sister of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, currently Magneto's only child.

Scarlet Witch was once married to Vision, and that relationship has a chance to come back soon.

Vision was constructed by Ultron, who now that I think about it had his brain patterns based off of Hank Pym while Vision's were based on Wonder Man's, so there's some more to this family tree.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Technically speaking, Adam X the X-Treme has been a canon Summers brother since his introduction, even if the actual reveal never happened.

He's a Shi'Ar/Human hybrid, and the only human woman in the Shi'Ar Empire at the time was Katherine Summers, Cyclops and Havok's mom. It can't be anybody but her.

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm down for it and I've been waiting for this since I was 14. I just wasn't aware this is canon. Thought it was a what if thing.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cyclops' brother Havok has had a long lasting relationship with Polaris that almost lead to marriage a couple times.

Polaris is sometimes the daughter of Magneto and the sister of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, currently Magneto's only child.

Scarlet Witch was once married to Vision, and that relationship has a chance to come back soon.

Vision was constructed by Ultron, who now that I think about it had his brain patterns based off of Hank Pym while Vision's were based on Wonder Man's, so there's some more to this family tree.
Nice! I also like that this big genealogy integrates Tigra's son William :v
latest

And some of Shiar, Kree, and Skrulls offshoots :v

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Anyway if you're not convinced this is the best possible choice, later X-Men writers tried to set up Gambit and then Apocalypse as the long lost Summers brother.

Add in Wiccan and you can take it to Drax.