• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
n2ghVAD.jpg
One of the GOAT Doom moments. Shows just how unbelievably petty he is, but also how prideful. Imagine how things would have turned out if Reed and the Illuminati had just told Doom from jump what was happening. They would have solved that shit so fast. But nope. Gotta keep him out of the loop, and that only pisses him off.

That entire final confrontation was such a wonderful and beautiful culmination of their relationship. And Doom finally admitting that Reed is better...

mister-fantastic-vs-doctor-doom-secret-wars-5.png

Secret-Wars-9-6.jpg

darkhunger

Oct 28, 2017
USA
Since Feige got out from under Perlmutter's shadow, what major villain have they fucked up? Sure, Doctor Strange was a fluke, but overall they have been handling their villains much better.
Shit, they made Vulture cool and threatening.
Plus when Marvel actually spends time to make their villains a focal point of their movies they've always succeeded... The only time they fuck up villains is when the film just puts them up as an afterthought or plot device... And they aren't doing that with Doom.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I thought Dr Strange did a great job setting Mordo up
I did really like the setup for Mordo. It was Mads that they screwed up on. It hurts doubly so because of how good an actor he is.
Strange was at that...strange transition point at Marvel Studios. It felt like it was pushing towards where they are going now, while also being stuck with the way they were doing things before.
Definitely one of the most absurdly talented casts for a comic film, which they sadly did not utilize to their fullest extent.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I did really like the setup for Mordo. It was Mads that they screwed up on. It hurts doubly so because of how good an actor he is.
Strange was at that...strange transition point at Marvel Studios. It felt like it was pushing towards where they are going now, while also being stuck with the way they were doing things before.
Definitely one of the most absurdly talented casts for a comic film, which they sadly did not utilize to their fullest extent.
To be fair, Kaecillius is actually improved from the comics, which is admittedly a very low bar

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol, for the past 3 years every time Marvel teases something some people theorize it's the return of Hickman.

OP
OP
TaleSpun

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't there rumors he was going to DC to do Legion? Did DC screw up?

He's said Legion is his favorite and he's got a full sixty issue plan for it. It's pretty likely DC and Marvel were both talking to him at the same time, but Doomsday Clock put JSA and Legion on hold until it's done, so they basically ceded ground to Marvel just by doing that.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Big meh. Well, I shouldn't be unhappy for people who still read Marvel because Hickman is an awesome writer. But I really prefer him working on smaller self-contained creator owned stuff that he can finish in a timelier manner. :(

Hope it's X-men at least, that might be cool when I finally read the trades in 15 years. Haha.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn looks like imma finally be reading a marvel comic again.

I fell off hard shortly after secret wars as everything at the time just felt kinda flat, has there been much good since?

There weren't any more lives to save! and anyways Stark always deserves a punch for something!
This is one of my favorite details from Time Runs Out.

End of the multiverse, reality collapsing around them, last moments of all creation and what does Cap want to do with it?

Punch's Tony in his stupid, smug, know-it-all face one last time.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
HICKMAN DA GOD

Oh god, I have waited so long for this. He's finally back.

This is one of my favorite details from Time Runs Out.

End of the multiverse, reality collapsing around them, last moments of all creation and what does Cap want to do with it?

Punch's Tony in his stupid, smug, know-it-all face one last time.
Cap fighting Tony is basically the quintessential image of the Avengers truly failing and falling apart...and then a helicarrier fell on them. A fitting end to failed experiment.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Quick reminder that Jason Aaron killed off the Eternals in Avengers. Would be a perfect point for Hickman to bring them back and start over.

avengers-4-eternals-death-1120046.jpeg

Last edited:

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick reminder that Jason Aaron killed off the Eternals in Avengers. Would be a perfect point for Hickman to bring them back and start over.

avengers-4-eternals-death-1120046.jpeg
What a very odd first arc of Avengers. Aaron really tries hard to go big but makes some questionable retcons and ass pulls like this. I'm a fan of his but I just wasn't impressed with whatever he did there.
I don't really hope it's not the X-Men. Or any X-Book. What?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So BC reports that its going to be 2 6-issue miniseries that will be the "Next Major Milestone for the X-Men"

As we told you yesterday, it's not X-Men. Or rather, as we said, it's not called X-Men. And doesn't have thae kind of title.

Instead, it is made up of two distinct 6-issue mini-series, to begin publication in July 2019.

And they are both to be regarded as "the next major milestone in X-Men history" apparently, and specifically compared to Len Wein and Dave Cockrum's Giant-Size X-Men #1, the 1991 Chris Claremont/Jim Lee X-Men #1, Scott Lobdell, Mark Waidand Robert Cruz's Age of Apocalypse and Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely's New X-Men.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/0...-series-marvel-major-milestone-x-men-history/

Im assuming at least one will delve into the "origin" of the X gene, and the other (or both) will set the stage for the X-Men comics going forward.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
But seriously, Bleeding cool occasionally might get stuff right, but they're really not reliable at all

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What a very odd first arc of Avengers. Aaron really tries hard to go big but makes some questionable retcons and ass pulls like this. I'm a fan of his but I just wasn't impressed with whatever he did there.

I was just glad the Unimind got referenced and used for the first time since... Damn. Since Sersie was an Avenger? When was the last time the Eternals were a major point of a story?

OP
OP
TaleSpun

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Hickman confirmed to be working on X-Men.

The books are House of X (as in capital letter X) and Power of X (as in the Roman number for 10). Both books intersect the way F4/FF and Avengers/NA did. Will post a link when a site runs a story on this, but this is all from Newsarama's liveblog.

It's happening folks. It's all happening.