• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
2b2203f892d034ec1f3fc16c5cd3cfdd.png

rude

Oct 25, 2017
As someone new to comics... this is still kind of confusing. Would I have to read these in order? Obviously I'd read them in order within a particular series, but like would I not understand Avengers World if I didn't read Secret World?

Also, Fantastic Four seems like an interesting starting point to me since I know nothing about them. It seems like I'd have to read F4/SHIELD before I could start the Fantastic Four/FF run since the F4/SHIELD series has Fantastic Four #570-588. But then another thing that's throwing me off is Fantastic Four resumes at #600 in Fantastic Four/FF. What happens to #589-599?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is an example of my thought process whenever I try to dive in.
Fantastic Four/FF, Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity event and Secret Wars are the order. They're all one gigantic story. Basically just start at Fantastic Four 570 through 588 (there is no FF 589 etc.) then go to the FF section of that chart and read in order. Secret Warriors, SHIELD and the Ultimate books are standalone and not part of that story.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I really really hope it's an X-Men book, just because I would like an event to kind of bring some cohesiveness to their books at this point.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Secret Wars spoilers:

Zpx1Vq7.jpg

Hzeu82y.jpg

I've only read some of his stuff but I thought this moment was crazy.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
bV9rA2q.jpg

Hickman's portrayal of both Reeds has been one of the defining things of his run for me.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone new to comics... this is still kind of confusing. Would I have to read these in order? Obviously I'd read them in order within a particular series, but like would I not understand Avengers World if I didn't read Secret World?

Also, Fantastic Four seems like an interesting starting point to me since I know nothing about them. It seems like I'd have to read F4/SHIELD before I could start the Fantastic Four/FF run since the F4/SHIELD series has Fantastic Four #570-588. But then another thing that's throwing me off is Fantastic Four resumes at #600 in Fantastic Four/FF. What happens to #589-599?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is an example of my thought process whenever I try to dive in.

I had a post in another thread that I'll just copy here.

So going off that chart while Secret Warriors is very good and I would recommend reading it, it's not super necessary to the overall plot.

You should read S.H.I.E.L.D, but be warned it's pretty out there, so I have trouble telling someone to start there. There's a certain expectation that people have when they read a title like S.H.I.E.L.D and that's not what you're going to get. I would maybe save it for a bit later. Also, keep in mind that this chart is old, and Volume 2 of S.H.I.E.L.D has all 6 issues out now.

So here's what I would say, start at Dark Reign Fantastic Four and then read Fantastic Four 570-588. After that read both of the S.H.I.E.L.D volumes before reading everything in the Fantastic Four/FF volume. The Ultimate Universe stuff isn't super important, but being familiar with it will make some later moments more rewarding. Personally, I would say start at the Ultimate Comic: Ultimate part of the chart, and then read Hawkeye 1-4 after the first two issues (I think the chart fucks this part up. Hawkeye makes more sense after issue 2 than it does after issue 4) before reading up to issue 12 of Ultimates. Then just jump to New Avengers and follow the chart all the way through to Secret Wars. It's a lot, but it's all very good.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Yeeeeeesssss

Will definitely read

Also;

Wong, am I a good man? No.

Plus anything with Panther and Namor is glorious. "I want him to know it was me"

OP
OP
TaleSpun

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
LOL he just tweeted something and immediately deleted it. Missed what the pic was, but the tweet text just said "Woof".

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read his Avengers arc, and I should read his Fantastic Four run. Does the Secret Warriors run connect to either?

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hickman's Avengers run all the way to Secret Wars got me into comics proper, so I'm all for whatever he writes. It also helps that during that period of time Marvel just had a lot of good comics so I have an admittingly rosy view of that period.