• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Would he be the first one you'd choose for a new book?

I've been asking for a movie for a minute now...

I personally would like to see other characters get the chance to shine. Humberto Lopez, Amadeus Cho, Kamala Khan, America Chavez. Plus they have the Fantastic Four AND the X-Men now. I don't want to see any of the current Avengers after 4. Any movie dedicated to Bucky Cap or any other stupid thing like that is a movie taken away from something potentially new and interesting.

The X-Men alone open up a whole new possibility of stupid shenanigans for them to do. A Bucky or Sam led Cap movie is just going to be the same tired shit we have seen two dozen times now. Let's see something new.

3969333-012+copy.jpg

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is Reptil tearing the comicsera family apart or bringing them together? Hard to tell.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over Messi trying to pull my card. When all he reads is Archie Digests and old copies of Disney Adventure magazine

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I'm convinced you make all this up and draw it on the spot because that's easier to believe than you being able to dig it out at a moment's notice.
If I had even Frank Quietly level talent I wouldn't be here. And if I was Jim Balent or Amanda Conner level i wouldn't even touch the internet

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
zINfsUw.jpg

My mind normally doesn't go there right away, but life can't be easy when your normal dong turns into whatever a lizard has down there.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
He's getting his own book? Damn. Reptil movie/Disney+ series when? Lol (I can legit see this happening. Marvel doesn't have a lot of major Hispanic chars, and at least two are tied up with Sony)

I must admit, as more of a fan of Anya Corazon and Hazmat, I'm a bit salty. Still, I hope this pleases fans and wins him some new ones.

Why did they drop Avengers Academy so hard? It's like they never want any of those characters to be a popular team. I kinda feel the same about Young Avengers too tbh. Like... more people like the Young Avengers cast when they aren't a team. They create all those new characters only to do jack shit with them.

Marvel bungled their 00s teen heroes so badly. Young Avengers, Runaways, Anya Corazon, New/Young X-Men/X-Men Academy, Avengers Academy, Young Allies. The fact they coincidentally dumped a bunch of them in Avengers Arena and casually offed some says a lot about how little they seem to care, outside of a handful like X-23 and Kate Bishop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
He's getting his own book? Damn. Reptil movie/Disney+ series when? Lol (I can legit see this happening. Marvel doesn't have a lot of major Hispanic chars, and at least two are tied up with Sony)

I must admit, as more of a fan of Anya Corazon and Hazmat, I'm a bit salty. Still, I hope this pleases fans and wins him some new ones.

Marvel bungled their 00s teen heroes so badly. Young Avengers, Runaways, Anya Corazon, New/Young X-Men/X-Men Academy, Avengers Academy, Young Allies. The fact they coincidentally dumped a bunch of them in Avengers Arena and casually offed some says a lot about how little they seem to care, outside of a handful like X-23 and Kate Bishop.

Loving sewing Hazmat in the current Captain Marvel book.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Loving sewing Hazmat in the current Captain Marvel book.

Does she actually do stuff and stick around? Or is it like with 99% of the 00s teen heroes where they show up for a couple of issues and then fart back off into the negative zone for 3 years?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Does she actually do stuff and stick around? Or is it like with 99% of the 00s teen heroes where they show up for a couple of issues and then fart back off into the negative zone for 3 years?

Kelly Thompson loves her and keeps bringing her back. She's one of Carol's team members.

Also that book is awesome.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yo kc44135

I thought past Hank was the evil one.
Funny enough. Hank hitting his wife was actually an artist error. The comic script called for him to turn quickly and accidently strike her. The artist drew it as an intentional strike and their wasn't time to change it.

Thus Hank Pym was now a wife beater and they had to run with it.

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Funny enough. Hank hitting his wife was actually an artist error. The comic script called for him to turn quickly and accidently strike her. The artist drew it as an intentional strike and their wasn't time to change it.

Thus Hank Pym was now a wife beater and they had to run with it.

I think I knew that.

Kelly Thompson loves her and keeps bringing her back. She's one of Carol's team members.

Also that book is awesome.

I'd like to believe you. I've just been burned so many times. I remember being promised Dust action in Champions, and then she basically did nothing I'd consider worthwhile.

It does sound somewhat promising. Here's hoping she winds up as part of Carol's supporting cast in future moves. Which issues are she in? Bummed Anya Corazon isn't also part of it, though, given her early history with Carol. Seems she's still stuck doing interdimensional Super Mario.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I think I knew that.

I'd like to believe you. I've just been burned so many times. I remember being promised Dust action in Champions, and then she basically did nothing I'd consider worthwhile.

It does sound somewhat promising. Here's hoping she winds up as part of Carol's supporting cast in future moves. Which issues are she in? Bummed Anya Corazon isn't also part of it, though, given her early history with Carol. Seems she's still stuck doing interdimensional Super Mario.

She's been in it from the start actually. You should give it a go.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Why did they drop Avengers Academy so hard? It's like they never want any of those characters to be a popular team. I kinda feel the same about Young Avengers too tbh. Like... more people like the Young Avengers cast when they aren't a team. They create all those new characters only to do jack shit with them.
Marvel's had 2-3 youth pushes after Runaways and Young Avengers hit big before they stuck gold with Miles and Kamala. Academy getting forgotten feels like a change in leadership mostly no longer giving a fuck.

But yeah, in between those 2 periods, we got these and yeah...

clean.jpg

6038460-1863128-cloud_9_1.jpg

The JQ and the era before the Axel era, the push was there, I just think the Bendis events and X-Men overshadowed them all and then Miles/Sam/Kamala changed the game to the point and that era of Marvel didn't give a fuck until the Runaways got a show and YA are about to be part of the MCU.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel's had 2-3 youth pushes after Runaways and Young Avengers hit big before they stuck gold with Miles and Kamala. Academy getting forgotten feels like a change in leadership mostly no longer giving a fuck.

But yeah, in between those 2 periods, we got these and yeah...

clean.jpg

6038460-1863128-cloud_9_1.jpg

Oh god, Cloud Nine.

She has a cloud and she has fun flying around on it and then War Machine arrests her, pushes her into getting conscripted into the military, and then she has to become an emotionally dead sniper.

Avengers: The Initiative was such a good book.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Ultragirl, she was supposed to be the next Ms. Marvel...

Until...Bendis.

ms-marvel-new-display.jpg

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This dude introduced me to Anthony Del Rio in the Superhero Show and went on to play Pit, I know who this is.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Not feeling it but I'll give him a shot if he makes it to the MCU movies.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Pfft, he's barely 10 years old. Avengers Academy wasn't that long ago.

PS, Avengers Arena was bullshit and it can burn in hell.

zerocypher

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember the end of Avengers Academy but I remember some of the team. Isn't Mettle AA's version of Glob? Also is there ever a future where Hank doesn't turn out bad?