• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Loki... what an excellent end to the series, and sets up perfectly for so many future films/possibilities. Really interested to see what they plan on doing with Spidey now, because I can suddenly see a couple of the rumors being more believable now... And I'm now especially hyped for the next Dr Strange movie!
It's not an end to the series.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm now fully convinced that by the end of Phase 4 or Phase 5 will have young Avengers. By the end of this year all the major players will fully exist in the MCU with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 that haven't been announced yet. This shit is getting wild lol, I'm hype!

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm now fully convinced that by the end of Phase 4 or Phase 5 will have young Avengers. By the end of this year all the major players will fully exist in the MCU with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 that haven't been announced yet. This shit is getting wild lol, I'm hype!

I wouldn't expect Prodigy anytime soon.

Noh-Varr could conceivably show up.

Young Vision/Jonas probably isn't happening. Maybe.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just realized we'll never get the Steve Rogers vs. Kang showdown from near the end of Busiek's Avengers run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Really not a fan of the suits we've seen so far.
Which sucks because I've liked all the other Spidey suits so far.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

True, we still have time though. I was thinking that the Kang in AM3 will be the one that ultimately helps establish them in an attempt to defeat the worst of the Kangs.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The new black suit is actually the first MCU suit I really like - though, jury's out until we actually see it in motion.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Think they are just starting with the Heinberg/Cheung Young Avengers line up.

Love the black and red gloves in that 3rd pic.

Looks like the suit is damaged somehow, like the top layer was stripped off and this black and gold is whats left. Or it helps him with whatever multiversal travels or whatever is happening. The black looks charred or something.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the color scheme but I'm glad it appears to be that they're using raised webbing. That's what makes it pop on screen and why the past two MCU suits felt flat to me. (the heavy use of CG didn't help either)

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the color scheme but I'm glad it appears to be that they're using raised webbing. That's what makes it pop on screen and why the past two MCU suits felt flat to me. (the heavy use of CG didn't help either)

Maybe that's why I don't like it lol. I've never been a fan of raised webbing, it all just looks so busy and stiff somehow?

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm with you there, raised webbing made Ramis suit look like a toy.

16444b2686b4c33420722217ff698dc2.gif

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
User Warned: Posting Unmarked Spoilers
THAT'S GOTTA BE KANG!

Last edited by a moderator:

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
People getting too hype to be making posts and threads on something that has been out in the wild for ~10 hours.

Not about spoiler culture but just be a little considerate lol, people work

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Man the Spidey trailee gotta drop any second now, is there any big Sony movie releasing soon they can attach it to?

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, mine showed Shang-Chi but not Eternals.

A Spider-Man trailer should be happening any week now, it's gotta been sooner rather than later.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Well my hype is through the roof and my heartbeat is erratic from screaming at the screen.

Congrats Feige, you absolute madman. You broke me.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Literally given up and decided to start enjoying the MCU stuff.

for years I've thought my rejection of them in exchange for *fine cinema* made me interesting. But it kind of just made me seem annoying. And now I can enjoy both!

saw Black Widow last weekend and thought it was a lot of fun. There's laughs, shit blows up, they look terribly expensive and exciting. Plus, there's no other company in the world capable of making something like this happen.

anyway, started from the top last night with Iron Man. Moving on to IM2 tonight and I plan to just run them all over the period of a few months.

does viewership pay off? Like, do these become progressively more interesting the more you watch?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

for years I've thought my rejection of them in exchange for *fine cinema* made me interesting. But it kind of just made me seem annoying. And now I can enjoy both!

saw Black Widow last weekend and thought it was a lot of fun. There's laughs, shit blows up, they look terribly expensive and exciting. Plus, there's no other company in the world capable of making something like this happen.

anyway, started from the top last night with Iron Man. Moving on to IM2 tonight and I plan to just run them all over the period of a few months.

does viewership pay off? Like, do these become progressively more interesting the more you watch?
The MCU gets better as you go along in terms of writing and directing but it also gets better because each new movie or show helps build the world even more. You're always discovering something new with each entry.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
1000% if you get to Endgame after watching the rest, you're in for some serious shit.

Make sure you stick Around after the credits, most movies have 1 or 2 scenes after the credits that move the overall story forward

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, the majority of phase 1 and 2 outside of the very best (ie IM1, TWS and gotg1) are way less watchable than the stellar phase 3+ and the pretty good thus far shows. Could skip some of them if you want unless you're a completionist, but basically every movie except incredible hulk pays off - even some very weak entries.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Honestly, the majority of phase 1 and 2 outside of the very best (ie IM1, TWS and gotg1) are way less watchable than the stellar phase 3+ and the pretty good thus far shows. Could skip some of them if you want unless you're a completionist, but basically every movie except incredible hulk pays off - even some very weak entries.
I figure I'll just watch them - they're a pretty inoffensive way to spend an evening after work. I had a moment where I thought I'd skip Antman, but hey, they all seem fun enough.
Ps: I hope they add the Spider-Man stuff to D+ soon.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I really like that first Ant Man and the sequel too. The only ones I think are just offensively boring are Iron Man 2 and Thor 2

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In a marathon setting, Iron Man 2 is pretty good. It's shallow, but it's got some great action sequences, fun villains, and lays lots of groundwork for future movies. Like, when you're getting 1 Marvel movie a year, it kinda feels like filler, but when you're plowing through the whole thing years after the fact it's a fun ride.

That's true of all Marvel movies, though. Even at their worst - and there's at least half a dozen that I'd put in the "worst" category - they're still very watchable, competently made action movies.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
I generally think most of them are worth at least one watch. Even the ones that I think are weak entries have some good parts in them and have characters that are in something better later and I like to see their whole story.

But there is definitely a noticeable quality bump in Phase 3. Generally when I rewatch anything MCU, it's something from Phase 3.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wrote a mighty chunk about the person behind the TVA.

medium.com

Loki: Explaining the “He” in “He Who Remains”

With the ending of Loki on Disney+, let’s look into the mastermind behind the TVA and how he fits into the history of Marvel.
Thats awesome. Is this where you will be putting future stuff like this?

All of these shows have set up some vastly different directions things are going. Like Heinberg's Young Avengers, the multiverse at large and the inevitabile Secret Wars, then back to whoever Contessa is working for and the Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts. Just dont know who they could replace a Norman Osborn with, if they are going that route.

Then if they do a Young Avengers movie, they can introduce Teddy, bringing back both galactic empires into the mix, AND Iron Lad lol. Then the Fantastic Four is going to be the best place to actually dive in and try and explain this multiverse stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.