• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purpnath

May 24, 2019
And they always think they have profound criticism.

Anyways in that new article it says that the commercials for WandaVision have
Hinted at Hydra as a Proctor and Gamble-like company. Did I miss something?

I think Kevin got asked a question that included a reference to them and Kevin answered it with "Commercials were an early idea for that"

thedirect.com

WandaVision: Kevin Feige Addresses HYDRA Easter Eggs In MCU Series

Kevin Feige addresses Hyrda Easter Eggs in the commercials used in WandaVision.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Feige on the scope of Secret Invasion in the comics vs. the MCU version:
Well, there were more characters in the Secret Invasion comic series than there were in Endgame so, no. It's not that but it very much is a showcase for Sam Jackson and Ben Mendelson and tapping into the paranoia elements of the Secret Invasion comic series that was great with the twists and turns that that took. So, that's certainly our focus more than, 'Can we cram in more characters than Endgame?'

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love for them to bring over the DD and Jessica Jones actors but would hope that their characters would be re-booted in the MCU. I feel like they probably wouldn't do that but I'd prefer it over making the Netflix shows canon.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
if Jessica even makes a cameo, that means all the other Netflix shows characters are canon as well.
I'd love for them to bring over the DD and Jessica Jones actors but would hope that their characters would be re-booted in the MCU. I feel like they probably wouldn't do that but I'd prefer it over making the Netflix shows canon.
If they bring back the Netflix characters with those actors, I think the chances of them simply rebooting the characters are pretty high. In a similar way that they rebooted Spider-Man, without rehashing their origin stories, etc. I think it's an ideal way to keep some loose canon and good actors without importing all the baggage and having to import all of the actors.

Still curious if they're actually going to bring over the Netflix actors though.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If Jessica Jones makes a cameo and MATT FUCKING MURDOCK does not make a cameo in a SHE HULK tv show than all is lost

don't even need to be the netflix actor ... hell, i will take a blind person as an extra in the background of a few episodes

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
...Are most people expecting this?
I still don't think DD will show up in Spidey and that was from far more trustworthy sources than DanielRPK.
If Feige is willing to bring back the same actors/actresses for the role, then there has to be some sort of compromise.
There's no way he is willing to carry a bunch of baggage that isn't his own, so a soft reboot of some capacity is inevitable.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
If Feige is willing to bring back the same actors/actresses for the role, then there has to be some sort of compromise.
There's no way he is willing to carry a bunch of baggage that isn't his own, so a soft reboot of some capacity is inevitable.

It's been established that J Jonah Jameson, Electro and Doc Ock in the MCU Spidey 3 film are not the same as their original film versions despite being played by the same actors , so I'm guessing the same will happen for the Netflix characters.

EDIT:

deadline.com

Marvel Boss Kevin Feige On ‘Black Panther 2’ Post Boseman, ‘Black Widow’ Release & Why Streaming Plans Won’t Burn MCU At The B.O.

The Disney+ series WandaVision is the first property to launch the fourth phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, one which will dovetail between big screen features and streaming series. But with Disney planning to make as many as ten Marvel Disney+ shows in the next few years, is it an...

DEADLINE: Will you ever revive any of the Netflix Marvel series like Luke Cage, or Jessica Jones, etc. or is that era completely over?

FEIGE:
Well, certainly you've seen what we announced at Comic-Con a year and half ago and on Disney Investor Day a few weeks ago, so that's our focus. But I've been at Marvel long enough to never say never about anything.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's been established that J Jonah Jameson, Electro and Doc Ock in the MCU Spidey 3 film are not the same as their original film versions despite being played by the same actors , so I'm guessing the same will happen for the Netflix characters.

I mean, those are completely different situations. Electro and Doc Ock are dead characters from separate universes, one of which was 17 years ago.

If they bring back Charlie or Krysten, it would be very strange for the film to go out of its way to say that they are different versions, making the Netflix shows not canon. That just overcomplicates things, as there's no reason to do that. There wouldn't be a need to reference anything that happened in those shows if they're cameos anyway.

(And either way, what you said about Electro and Doc Ock is definitely not established. We don't know that yet.)

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I mean, those are completely different situations. Electro and Doc Ock are dead characters from separate universes, one of which was 17 years ago.

If they bring back Charlie or Krysten, it's going to be as different versions, making the Netflix shows not canon. Hell, there wouldn't even be a need to reference anything that happened in those shows if they're cameos.

(And either way, what you said about Electro and Doc Ock is definitely not established. We don't know that yet.)

I'm agreeing with you, the Netflix shows won't be canon, if Feige decides to bring back the same actors.

And Jamie Foxx did say on Instagram that the Electro won't be the same blue Electro from ASM2.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm agreeing with you, the Netflix show won't be canon, if Feige decides to bring back the same actors.

No, that was a typo lol. Sorry. You read it before I could edit. I'm saying they won't be different versions. That just overcomplicates things, as there's no reason to do that.

And Jamie Foxx did say on Instagram that the Electro won't be the same blue Electro from ASM2.

All he said is that he won't be blue. It's a big jump to take that to mean that both him and Doc Ock will be different versions. We simply don't know anything behind the context of their appearances yet.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I agree with ZeoVGM. If Ritter or Cox comes back it would make more sense fo them to be the Netflix show versions. They were extremely popular shows that came out fairly recently.

The only way they wouldn't include the Netflix continuity at least a bit would be if they were recast. Maybe not everything would be canon, but the bullet points of their shows will be mostly the same.

Though I wouldn't be opposed of the last season of Jessica Jones being erased.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
After establishing multiverse, they can just handwave the whole netflix show as some other universe. Ritter and Cox are the two stand out casting of Netflix shows that I would love to come back. Finn Jones Iron Fist, I can do without.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I didn't mind his Danny Rand I just felt they could have dumped the problematic white savior stuff and cast an Asian actor.

The less said about Luke Cage's actor the better.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yeah, if push came to shove, Feige would just pull the multiverse card.

But how it'll play out, they'll probably never really confirm or deny any past incidents from the Netflix shows just so people can headcannon whatever they want.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

EDIT:

deadline.com

Marvel Boss Kevin Feige On ‘Black Panther 2’ Post Boseman, ‘Black Widow’ Release & Why Streaming Plans Won’t Burn MCU At The B.O.

The Disney+ series WandaVision is the first property to launch the fourth phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, one which will dovetail between big screen features and streaming series. But with Disney planning to make as many as ten Marvel Disney+ shows in the next few years, is it an...

Translation: No, but I know some of you care about it, so I'm going to be non-committal about it.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't mind his Danny Rand I just felt they could have dumped the problematic white savior stuff and cast an Asian actor.

The less said about Luke Cage's actor the better.
As an asian myself, I don't see an issue with keeping Danny Rand as a white guy.
They just need to handle the character more appropriately and emphasize on what made the character great in the comics (Brubaker/Fraction).
Also, since we are getting Shang-Chi, the last thing I want to see is an asian Iron Fist pretty much doing the same thing and perpetuating certain asian stereotypes.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
if Alfred Molina can come back into the MCU as Doc Ock, then it's safe to assume that there are gonna be no holds barred. literally everyone can come back lol

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The MCU should handle the Netflix shows the same they did with the MCU: vaguely mentions of stuff here and there and just implying things. But at the same time i feel there isn't that much baggage to begin with so they could get away with it pretty much by just bringing those characters in.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely in the "soft reboot" camp for Netflix characters. Sort of like the way Incredible Hulk works as a sequel to the 2003 Hulk if you squint. Like, for the most part, the Netflix shows work as prequels to the "iconic" versions of those characters - Daredevil's backstory with Kingpin and Bullseye (crime boss, flunkey, history of antagonism) and with Elektra (former lover, died, came back), Jessica's with Killgrave (which they'd never do on Disney+), even Iron Fist unlocking his power. Only things that would be weird is Luke Cage dropping the "crime lord" subplot but like... you can kind of gloss over that.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I think the question of canon or not boils down to whether they want to do different versions of any of the story beats that showed up in the TV shows, and to a lesser extent if they want to recast some of the roles.

Until a story they want to tell requires them to contradict the Netflix series, it's likely that it'll be up to the viewer to decide.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
I think the question of canon or not boils down to whether they want to do different versions of any of the story beats that showed up in the TV shows, and to a lesser extent if they want to recast some of the roles.

Until a story they want to tell requires them to contradict the Netflix series, it's likely that it'll be up to the viewer to decide.
True, but you know Feige (or the actors) will be asked that question in interviews, so he'll have to have a throwaway, one sentence answer.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
collider.com

‘Deadpool 3’ Confirmed for the MCU; Kevin Feige Teases R-Rating and When It’s Filming

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige confirms Deadpool 3 will be in the MCU and will be Rated R, but fans are going to have to wait a bit to see it.

Collider's own Steve Weintraub recently spoke with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige in anticipation of Marvel's first Disney+ series WandaVision, and during their conversation Feig gave a promising update on Deadpool 3, revealed when filming will begin, and most importantly, confirmed the sequel will be part of the MCU.

That's right. When Deadpool 3 happens, it won't be as some tangentially related property with a couple of jokes about the MCU. Ryan Reynolds' foul-mouthed mercenary is officially joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe – and he'll be keeping his R-rating. Feige said sisters Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin and Wendy Molyneux are hard at work on the script with Reynolds overseeing, but Deadpool 3 filming won't begin until 2022 at the earliest

Status
Not open for further replies.