• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So then typically 3 months later for iTunes etc? (I love MCU films but can't go to the theaters)
Depends on if they go the Tenet route, of keeping it in theaters longer than usual to maximize box office, or if they treat it like a normal theatrical window (which they might, if the plan is still to release Eternals in Feb).

I'm interested in knowing if it's exactly the same movie from May or if they've been messing with the edit up until right now. Directors aren't ever 100% happy so I wonder if they kept going back to the editing bay.

The movie was delayed just over a month out from its release, so I'm guessing it was pretty locked at the time. Reopening it for more editing would have meant spending more money too. Cary Joji Fukunaga said he hadn't been tinkering with No Time to Die at all despite the delay because that runs the budget up more, and also at some point you just start tweaking things for the sake of tweaking them and it doesn't always make the movie better.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Soon the MCU is gonna have a vault full of movies and no theaters to release them in.
Imagine if they drop Phase 4 like it's a Netflix show.

giphy.gif

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
How much more filming does Falcon have left? Georgia is certainly not the kind of place I'd want to be filming anything right now. Hope nobody on the cast and crew get sick.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
There can't be a lot more of it, I'd assume. They had been shooting for a while when production shut down.
I hope Marvel stays away from Georgia for a bit after Falcon is finished filming, its certainly not the safest place to film right now. Did Scarlett Witch finish filming?
So Wilde let it slip Feige is connected to Spider-Woman and She-Hulk to start filming early 2021

Any idea where this will film?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping Fall won't be too bad. I'm fine with no new content but it's gonna be nice with set updates of FAWS, and then we'll maybe get a few more castings for Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and I don't know how we're ever gonna get confirmation of Hailee as Kate until they start filming. She did post a pic at the gym recently but could be for any number of reasons.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Where's that Mando studio that even No Time to Die filmed in that's apparently now running on Unreal 4 AND 5?

The one used in the Mandalorian is in LA, but they recently announced a full expansion of the stages worldwide.

www.ilm.com

3 NEW ILM STAGECRAFT STAGES COMING SOON & GLOBAL TRAINEE PROGRAM ANNOUNCED | Industrial Light & Magic

Industrial Light & Magic today announced the next phase of its global expansion plan for the company’s virtual production and StageCraft LED volume services. This expansion of services is tied to a proactive initiative for increasing diversity in the industry by combining ILM’s growth in this...
ILM's existing StageCraft volume set at Manhattan Beach Studios (MBS) was used for the Emmy nominated series The Mandalorian and will soon be joined by a second permanent StageCraft volume set at the studio, servicing a variety of clients in the greater Los Angeles area. In addition, ILM is building a third permanent StageCraft volume at Pinewood Studios in London, and a fourth large-scale custom volume at Fox Studios Australia to be used for Marvel's highly anticipated feature Thor: Love and Thunder directed by Taika Waititi. ILM will also continue to provide "pop up" custom volumes for clients as the company recently did for the Netflix production The Midnight Sky, directed by George Clooney.

Basically, all the current ones are built with Disney in mind, but allowing for other clients as well. Currently, there isn't one in Georgia, but it is worth noting that Falcon and Winter Soldier also briefly filmed in the Czech Republic, so it's possible that you can shoot much of a show in Georgia and move to one of the other studios for more visually-intense sequences.

As it stands though, the grounded Marvel shows don't really need the tech? The benefit there is building wholly unique and alien worlds without worry about a corresponding set. If your backdrop is a normal city, it's likely better to just film in the real world. There's a reason Thor is the first that's the going to use it, and depending on if Raimi vibes with the tech, I wouldn't be surprised if Dr. Strange 2 did some filming on the Stagecraft sets.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The one used in the Mandalorian is in LA, but they recently announced a full expansion of the stages worldwide.

www.ilm.com

3 NEW ILM STAGECRAFT STAGES COMING SOON & GLOBAL TRAINEE PROGRAM ANNOUNCED | Industrial Light & Magic

Industrial Light & Magic today announced the next phase of its global expansion plan for the company’s virtual production and StageCraft LED volume services. This expansion of services is tied to a proactive initiative for increasing diversity in the industry by combining ILM’s growth in this...

Basically, all the current ones are built with Disney in mind, but allowing for other clients as well.
It's likely this will be used for their other movies and shows down the line, especially during the pandemic.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
ew.com

Olivia Wilde will 'reframe' Marvel legacy with rumored 'Spider-Woman' film

Olivia Wilde visited Evan Ross Katz's podcast to talk fusing Marvel's legacy with her perspective as a director on the rumored 'Spider-Woman' movie.

Olivia Wilde talks about directing the Sony Spider-Woman movie. What's interesting is that she name drops Kevin Feige in the beginning of the interview, but then again, Feige also runs Marvel Entertainment, so it may not necessarily connect to the MCU.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I watched The Rider today, 85% of that movie is magic hour. The Eternals will be the best looking MCU film if it looks as good as The Rider does.

[edit]

A damn, different cinematographer.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I watched The Rider today, 85% of that movie is magic hour. The Eternals will be the best looking MCU film if it looks as good as The Rider does.

[edit]

A damn, different cinematographer.

Chloe Zhao said in an interview that she used tons of magic hour shots in Eternals.

Despite working with a much bigger budget than she ever had before, Zhao says she was allowed the same creative freedom on Eternals that she had grown used to on her smaller films. "I shot exactly the way I wanted to shoot," she says. "On location. A lot of magic hour. Three-hundred-sixty degrees on the same camera as I did on Nomadland. Same rigs. It's a bit surreal. I'm still waiting for the shoe to drop. It hasn't. I think I got lucky in that Marvel wants to take risks and do something different."

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Please. Just an Eternals trailer. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this movie to be made.

And please Marvel, don't skimp on the Hellenistic Gods.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't want a trailer if they still aren't sure it can make its release without being delayed. One day this will all be over. One day...

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I don't want a trailer if they still aren't sure it can make its release without being delayed. One day this will all be over. One day...
Yeah but a teaser. These actors put in a whole lot of hard work, so did the production team. Even if the delivery date is TBD, a trailer of some type will get them so screen time.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, there we go. We may still get something MCU related in 2020.

I'm going to guess it's still on for December and we don't see a trailer until Early-Mid November. So we get a month and a half of marketing like Mando S2.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I could also see them dropping WandaVision on the last week of December similar to Mando S2.
So maybe a week or two after Mando S2 ends. Still 2020 release but pretty much a 2021 release since it's so close to the beginning of January LOL.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I could also see them dropping WandaVision on the last week of December similar to Mando S2.
So maybe a week or two after Mando S2 ends. Still 2020 release but pretty much a 2021 release since it's so close to the beginning of January LOL.

So Thanksgiving trailer then? That would actually make sense.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
If WandaVision is December, I'm guessing they'll sit on FATWS for a bit... gotta spread out that content.

Wait, what's Marvel's 616? I know that's their primary comics universe, but I'm not familiar with the show.
Anothology docu-series about the history of Marvel comics. Glad that they finally announced a premiere date. I'm looking forward to it.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
www.gamesradar.com

Florence Pugh talks Black Widow: “This film is about the abuse of women. It’s so painful, and it’s so important"

Exclusive: "It’s an incredibly powerful piece," Marvel newcomer Florence Pugh says of Black Widow

"One of the most interesting things about the film is how far Cate went with it," Florence Pugh, who plays Yelena Belova, tells Total Film over the phone. "This film is about the abuse of women. It's about how they get involuntary hysterectomies by the age of eight. It's about girls who are stolen from around the world. It's so painful, and it's so important."

Wow, pretty topical.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
www.gamesradar.com

Florence Pugh talks Black Widow: “This film is about the abuse of women. It’s so painful, and it’s so important"

Exclusive: "It’s an incredibly powerful piece," Marvel newcomer Florence Pugh says of Black Widow

Wow, pretty topical.

Nazi's in our Government in Winter Soldier
Arguments to be made about Endgame and the reason for the SNAP
FATWS with the worldwide pandemic
BW with the involuntary hysterectomies

extremely topical of the MCU

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.