• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
www.resetera.com

We Got This Covered and websites like them are unreliable, and many times push sexist, alt-right agendas. So stop sourcing them.

Places like We Got This Covered, Comicbook Movie, Cosmicbook News, and MCU Cosmic get shared on here frequently, and it should stop. Rumor mongering websites with incredibly low accuracy and high frequency of bullshit that are telling people what they want to hear. They are the website...

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Richard and Kit on set of Eternals:

Also latest rumor is that Michelle Yeoh got a role in Shang-Chi (ComicBook though), and that She-Hulk starts filming in July (Charles Murphy though). That said, I hope the OG Guardians plays a bigger role in GotG Vol. 3.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
If She-Hulk is filming this summer, does that mean that, Ms. Marvel, and Moon Knight could all drop next year alongside Loki and What If?

Also where did things land on the Hawkeye front...was the show actually pushed into 2022, or was that ended up getting debunked? If the latter, then six D+ shows altogether next year?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
If She-Hulk is filming this summer, does that mean that, Ms. Marvel, and Moon Knight could all drop next year alongside Loki and What If?

Also where did things land on the Hawkeye front...was the show actually pushed into 2022, or was that ended up getting debunked? If the latter, then six D+ shows altogether next year?
Ms. Marvel films in April so that definitely drops next year. Probably Moon Knight too.

Hawkeye delay was debunked.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
If Xavier isn't a handicapped guy, it should be Lance Reddick.

But it should be a handicapped guy.

….it won't be, though, because all of the latest Fox movies have him walking at one point :(. Fucking Fox.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I doubt they're going to dump everything in 2021. That would just be a waste, I think. (what they really need is some shows for 2020, not 2021, when they already have 4 movies)

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Heard Detroit has some troubling sequences, was it a difficult watch?
Given the subject matter and how it all takes place, it is definitely a sobering watch but I think it does shine some light on the injustices that took place, even if they could have done better. There were a ton of great performances in the movie and Boyega definitely showed his range.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

• Ms. Marvel is definitely next year
  • Moon Knight is probably next year
  • She-Hulk is possibly next year
  • Hawkeye's delay was debunked

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What's the Brie Larson test. I can imagine what it might be generally (see if there's any news about how she's ruining the MCU), but am curious about the specifics.
Hello. Creator of the Brie Larson test here.

From the thread I first shared it with Era:
Hear, hear!

And as has been demonstrated in the opening post, the easiest way to find out if one of these shithole sites is an ALT right website. Search their articles for Brie Larson.

If you find articles talking about Disney not liking her, or the cast of endgame not liking her, or anything about being arrogant or "bitchy" you have found an alt-right shithole site.

It since has become a three part test. First Brie Larson, if you really aren't sure then Kathleen Kennedy. If somehow your still not certain SJW.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they're going to dump everything in 2021. That would just be a waste, I think. (what they really need is some shows for 2020, not 2021, when they already have 4 movies)

It seems they basically want a rough cadence of Films + Disney+ shows.

Shang Chi - Feb 12, 2021
Doctor Strange - May 7, 2021
Spider-Man Home 3 - Aug 16, 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder - Nov 5, 2021

WandaVision is late 2020 now probably, but looking at the rest, Ms. Marvel after Shang Chi, Moon Knight post-Strange, She-Hulk in-between Spider-Man and Thor. Basically, a Marvel D+ show every quarter roughly.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It seems they basically want a rough cadence of Films + Disney+ shows.

Shang Chi - Feb 12, 2021
Doctor Strange - May 7, 2021
Spider-Man Home 3 - Aug 16, 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder - Nov 5, 2021

WandaVision is late 2020 now probably, but looking at the rest, Ms. Marvel after Shang Chi, Moon Knight post-Strange, She-Hulk in-between Spider-Man and Thor. Basically, a Marvel D+ show every quarter roughly.
Is this operating under the assumption that Hawkeye was delayed?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Hm, interesting. I know it's been leaked that this would be a movie but now I'm wondering if it'll be Disney Plus.

I think Thunderbolts would be too expensive to do as a D+ show. it's basically the Avengers, in terms of cost. (tho I'm kind of thinking that the Thunderbolts are going to take the place of the Avengers, post blip, with Spidey on the lamb from the law, Cap retired, Iron Man and Black Widow dead, Thor and CM off world, Hawkeye retired, and Hulk semi-incapacitated. I could see USAgent leading the Thunderbolts, the way CA did. Hmmm. Let's see. USAgent=Cap. Abomination=Hulk. Yelena=Black Widow. So who do we think they get as Thor and Iron Man? Iron Man=Taskmaster? Hmmmm.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Is this operating under the assumption that Hawkeye was delayed?

Less delayed and more that the production teams for those others seem to have spun up faster.

April 2019: Hawkeye Revealed
August 2019: Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Moon Knight Announced, Ms. Marvel Showrunner Hired, Loki Will Begin Filming in Early 2020
September 2019: Hawkeye Finds Showrunner
October 2019: Ms. Marvel Begins Filming in April 2020
November 2019: She-Hulk Showrunner Hired, Moon Knight Showrunner Hired
January 2020: She-Hulk Begins Filming in July

So, flip-flop She-Hulk and Moon Knight in my previous post, but it looks like the three announced in August are moving real fast. Remember, it was originally Loki in early 2021, WandaVision in Spring 2021, and Hawkeye in late 2021. I think Loki may be the first 2021 D+ show, with Hawkeye pushed slightly back to early 2022. Not an indefinite delay, just back a few months. Four shows a year.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I still think Hawkeye is for 2021. And if they can't figure out Hailee's contract soon, they're gonna go for someone else.

I'm also of the impression the Thunderbolts will feature Jolt and Songbird.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting details about Captain Marvel 2 in there:

- Moving from the 90s to present day.
- Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck will not return to direct. But they could be doing a Disney+ series.
- Aiming for a 2022 release.

Glad we're getting a new writer and director for the sequel. And as much as I'm a little down on it not exploring what happens right after the first movie, I hope to see both adult Monica and Kamala in the sequel now. Rogue wouldn't hurt either.

I guess we are getting Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2 and Deadpool for 2022.

Last edited:

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Interesting details about Captain Marvel 2 in there:

- Moving from the 90s to present day.
- Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck will not return to direct. But they could be doing a Disney+ series.
- Aiming for a 2022 release.

Glad we're getting a new writer and director for the sequel. And as much as I'm a little down on it not exploring what happens right after the first movie, I hope to see both adult Monica and Kamala in the sequel now. Rogue wouldn't hurt either.

I guess we are getting Captain Marvel 2, Black Panther 2 and Deadpool for 2022.
isn't there 4 movies in 2022. In that case i'd bet on Feb being deadpool, July (?) being marvel and october being blade

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Ant-Man 3 has to be a 2022 film doesn't it? Didn't early reports say that it would be filming next year or was I mistaken?

There's a looooot on the horizon.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Present day Captain Marvel is weird considering the first movie sets up her further adventure in the past. Guess we won't be seeing Ronan and that Kree squad.

Oct 29, 2017
I think Thunderbolts would be too expensive to do as a D+ show. it's basically the Avengers, in terms of cost. (tho I'm kind of thinking that the Thunderbolts are going to take the place of the Avengers, post blip, with Spidey on the lamb from the law, Cap retired, Iron Man and Black Widow dead, Thor and CM off world, Hawkeye retired, and Hulk semi-incapacitated. I could see USAgent leading the Thunderbolts, the way CA did. Hmmm. Let's see. USAgent=Cap. Abomination=Hulk. Yelena=Black Widow. So who do we think they get as Thor and Iron Man? Iron Man=Taskmaster? Hmmmm.
There was someone who leaked very, very nice information about End Game to the extent where he definitely is a source or has one.

He said they also wanted (other than your list) Justin Hammer, Zemo, Ghost and The Leader would be the villain.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Present day Captain Marvel is weird considering the first movie sets up her further adventure in the past. Guess we won't be seeing Ronan and that Kree squad.

The problem with setting too many movies in the past (yes, I know about black widow) is that you do kind of know where the character's going. I do agree that there is drama in telling stories that take place in the past (I'd love it if Ant-Man 3 took place in the 80's with Hank and Janet), I don't know if CM's future is in the past, so to speak :)

There was someone who leaked very, very nice information about End Game to the extent where he definitely is a source or has one.

He said they also wanted (other than your list) Justin Hammer, Zemo, Ghost and The Leader would be the villain.

Hmm, I had Hammer as the IM analogue before changing to taskmaster. I guess Taskmaster would be the Hawkeye analogue. I don't think of Ghost as a villain, but perhaps she's tricked into being on the team. (the others don't track, but I'm not saying they should, I'm just trying to think how they'd be sold, in universe, as the new avengers. I feel that they'd try to match the Thunderbolts to the original avengers as much as possible, so as to really push the idea that they're replacing them.) Hmmmm.....Wouldn't it be interesting if the next Avengers film was a Thunderbolts film? Thinking about it a bit more....The thunderbolts would actually be more interesting if they're played off as heroes for a film, before the avengers return in say, avengers 6.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
They kept his grey streak for Ikaris.

Also we now know the details of this scene:

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Booksmart was one of my favorite films of last year and I have no idea what about that film could carry over into a Doctor Strange movie, but yeah, I'd def be down for Olivia Wilde getting that job. Certainly more excited about that pick than Derrickson.

Greta Gerwig also mentioned on the press tour for Lady Bird a couple years back she'd love to do a superhero movie, and while I have a hard time imagining she would want to work within Marvel's structure, she'd be a great get for Captain Marvel 2. And would double as a way to bring Saoirse Ronan into the MCU!

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I mean Greta is attached to do Barbie so if she can find time to do that and Cap Marvel 2. I guess she can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.