• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Got Hood this weekend so I'm all caught up.

Getting my dividers (from https://dividerscentral.com/dividers/) laminated and cut tommorow.

Rocket and Groot continue there Galaxy Most Wanted Campaign tomorrow too.

Looking for the various cars I've recently purchased I'm looking forward to trying out Ghost Spider and SP//DER.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Now playing Infiltrate The Museum with Groot and Rocket base decks.

iJ86NyK.jpeg

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
How did that go for you? Rocket on that scenario seems like nightmare, since tech discards go into the Collection.

We barely won. Rocket was definitely neutered by the collection. But Groot's various I am Groot cards and Rocket's batteries saved the day.

Rocket doesn't steal batteries he doesn't need. He needs them ALL!

Also since they were mentioned here are the Etsy listing for the trays and box inserts.

www.etsy.com

Marvel Champions Insert - Etsy

This Board Games item by PRINTserts has 642 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships from Indianapolis, IN. Listed on Jul 13, 2023

And here is the website I get my dividers from, I print them on cardstock and laminate them.

dividerscentral.com

Dividers - Dividers Central

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Ham and SP//dr finally arrived yesterday. Made a Leadership deck with Spider-Ham and had a go against Rhino with the Infinity Gauntlet/Stones and HOLY SHIT I have never had more fun playing this game. I spent the entire game just toying with Rhino. I even played Clarity of Purpose wrong and totally forgot about the wild resource generated IN ADDITION to Ham's toon counter. The entire game I was pinging him for 1dmg just for the counter and it was still a breeze. And you better believe I was playing solo and still reading the flavor text out loud and high fiving myself. Crazy strong, but also crazy fun.

pizzaparty

Oct 28, 2017
I've owned the core set since launch, but only ever played the game twice. I picked it up again about a week ago and have played maybe 8 games true solo since then. Super fun game. Picked up Captain America and Ms. Marvel decks.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Sleeving every thing I just bought tonight.
Nice. I love sleeving so much. It's like therapy for me, lol. What kind of sleeves are you going with?

I've owned the core set since launch, but only ever played the game twice. I picked it up again about a week ago and have played maybe 8 games true solo since then. Super fun game. Picked up Captain America and Ms. Marvel decks.
Both great choices. Captain is still an S-tier hero and easily one of the strongest and most versatile in the game. Ms. Marvel is also a lot of fun. When she came out she was just OK, but her hero ability of returning events to your hand will inherently make her stronger the larger the card pool gets. The new Champions traited heroes that have come out this wave have tons and tons of great new events.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Like a hero version of Absorbing Man? That would be awesome, and way cooler than Even cards like Lightning Strike or Cyclone or whatever.

Yeah my basic idea would be you would have events that play weather related environments out

like a frost attack putting a snowy environment that lowers scheme or attack or something for enemies or fire attack that puts an environment that has enemies take a damage when attacking etc.

only one out at a time like absorbing man.

REALLY hoping thats the direction they go for.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
As someone that has dived deep into Marvel Snap, I see this thread going up for a while and I'm so glad that this doesn't have Brazilian Portuguese cards so I could initiate all my friends. That would be the death of me.

(But please translate these cards to Brazilian Portuguese so I can play with my friends, that would be wild)

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Hah, that 6 recovery for Wolverine. Thought he would have something like that.

Not sure how much I like his mechanic since it only focuses on attack events. I fear that it might end up with him being a fairly one-sided hero. Then again, I really like Gamora as well, but at least she wants attack and thwart events.

I'm also still not sure how I feel about the fact that FFG is introducing reprints with new art. I guess it's better than just straight up reprints, but it's pretty weird to see the article presenting Battle Fury and Mean Swing as if they're new cards lol.

As someone that has dived deep into Marvel Snap, I see this thread going up for a while and I'm so glad that this doesn't have Brazilian Portuguese cards so I could initiate all my friends. That would be the death of me.

(But please translate these cards to Brazilian Portuguese so I can play with my friends, that would be wild)
You could always play it solo, I do most of the times. The chances that it'll get an official Brazilian Portuguese translation are pretty low I think.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
www.fantasyflightgames.com

Infinite Possibilities

Announcing the Marvel Champions: The Card Game Campaign Contest
What do you all think about this? Fan-made campaign contest based on the card pool that's already available. On the one hand these things are fun ways to engage with the community, and I think there are plenty of MC fans who would love to engage in something like this. But of course the cynic in me can't help but see this as FFG saying they're running out of ideas for future campaigns and need our help. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. The custom content community for this game is pretty huge, but devs are on record saying they don't engage with custom content specifically because they don't want to be influenced. Overall I guess it seems like a cool thing to do. I can't participate because I'm not in the US, but it'll be fun to see how this goes.

Last edited:

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Infinite Possibilities
What do you all think about this? Fan-made campaign contest based on the card pool that's already available. On the one hand these things are fun ways to engage with the community, and I think there are plenty of MC fans who would love to engage in something like this. But of course the cynic in me can't help but see this as FFG saying they're running out of ideas for future campaigns and need our help. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. The custom content community for this game is pretty huge, but devs are on record saying they don't engage with custom content specifically because they don't want to be influenced. Overall I guess it seems like a cool thing to do. I can't participate because I'm not in the US, but it'll be fun to see how this goes.

I'm pretty excited about it. I've spoken in the past about how much I've enjoyed making my own campaigns and this will push me to refine and polish them. I don't think it means they're running out of ideas, it's just a great way to recycle and revisit old content. And making your own campaigns is fun in and of itself. All of the tools are there.

The one thing I don't like about it is that it makes it sound like we have at least a whole month to go for X-Men...

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Probably thinking of the Marvel Snap mobile game. I know a few people who've made alternate apple accounts just to download it.
I downloaded an Android emulator for it. I was a big Hearthstone guy, so I was interested in a mainstream digital Marvel game. It's cool, but the card hero mechanics definitely don't feel as thematic as something like Marvel Champions.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, Storm's gimmick is freaking nuts. The weather deck will be so fun. Other random notes

- It goes without saying that Storm at the very least is top ten out of the box. We'll see if she ends up at Strange level
- The forge card says xforce support?!?!? Next wave confirmed?
- I will immediately print out a new card and put it on Pixie because holy shit Greg Land sucks
- Speaking of Pixie, X-Men leadership continues to grow with her and To Me, My Xmen

Time to put your bets in people. Call the last 2! Still going with Rogue and Gambit

Last edited:

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Yeah my basic idea would be you would have events that play weather related environments out

like a frost attack putting a snowy environment that lowers scheme or attack or something for enemies or fire attack that puts an environment that has enemies take a damage when attacking etc.

only one out at a time like absorbing man.

REALLY hoping thats the direction they go for.
You called it! Looks like you got your wish. Looks like she'll have cards that'll help her go through multiple weather conditions in one turn, potentially making for some really fun strategies and combos.

Beardlini

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah dude! I'm super excited. She's gonna be a lot of fun. 3 copies of the weather switch card too. I imagine you'll generally want to, especially in high mp games, want to end on blizzard. Her and wolverine are looking great. Probably will come out with mojomanis so that'll be fun to test them on.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
im so freakin behind :( i feel like theyre releasing things so quickly that I dont have enough time to play it all lol

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
im so freakin behind :( i feel like theyre releasing things so quickly that I dont have enough time to play it all lol

Honestly just cherry pick what you like. I'd recommend just grabbing whatever campaign box looks fun and roll with it. MC is built for easy jump ins and there's honestly no reason to rush getting everything.

Woodswood

Oct 28, 2017
What are peoples preferences in sleeves?
I have some arcane tinmen (non glare) that I feel are a bit too loose in the width. Thinking of switching to gamegenics matte clear or dragonshield clear mattes. The price of the latter is quite an investment though..

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
What are peoples preferences in sleeves?
I have some arcane tinmen (non glare) that I feel are a bit too loose in the width. Thinking of switching to gamegenics matte clear or dragonshield clear mattes. The price of the latter is quite an investment though..
I use the Gamegenic matte clears and I'm very happy with them. I'm not going to pay for Dragonshields because they would literally cost me more than just buying new cards and I can't justify that. If money is not an issue then you can't go wrong with Dragonshields.

I upped from penny sleeves to Gamegenics a few months back and I've had no major issues. If I had one nit to pick it would be that I wish the Gamegenics were 92mm tall instead of 91mm. The bottom of the sleeve tends to pinch the card upward to the point where it becomes perfectly flush with the opening of the sleeve. I often find myself pushing the cards back down to the bottom but I've been told that that will resolve itself after enough use.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also did Gamegenic matte clears for heroes and gamegenic exoshield black sleeves that i got from asmodee clearing house for villian/encounter.

That reminds me. I still have one giant 4k box of gamegenic exoshield black sleeves

Last edited:

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last 2 heroes possibly revealed

u3xays251nq91.jpg

We have reached the logical conclusion of Marvel Champions. We can shut it down now

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Looks like the early mutant packs are shipping and popping up in stores: Genesis, Cyclops, and Phoenix. I just bought Genesis and Cyke but looks like I'll have to hunt around a bit for Jean, her pack is sold out.

The announcement on FFG says these started shipping a few days ago, I'm surprised there are no posts here about this yet!

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I received the three expansions today, and I already sleeved all the cards. I don't know when I'll be able to play the campaign, but I'll try to play with one or two of the four new heroes this weekend.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Looks like the early mutant packs are shipping and popping up in stores: Genesis, Cyclops, and Phoenix. I just bought Genesis and Cyke but looks like I'll have to hunt around a bit for Jean, her pack is sold out.

The announcement on FFG says these started shipping a few days ago, I'm surprised there are no posts here about this yet!
I got shipping notification from Miniature Market the other day, but it'll still be another 3-4 weeks until it arrives in Japan. I'm honestly still having a lot of fun with Sinister Motives and all the spider heroes, so I'm not in a terrible rush to play the X-Men.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I got Phoenix, Cyclops, and Mutant Genesis delivered last Friday but won't get to check any of it out til this upcoming weekend.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Gambit seems fun, but I thought they'd do some mechanic that actually includes throwing your own cards onto the table or at enemies. Still fun, though.