• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I mean per the rule of "No character with the same name out at the same time."
It already effects Taskmaster if your playing Black Widow during the Hydra Campaign. And it also makes a problem when Gamora is released as Nebula is her rival.

It just seems like having Nebula as a hero deck will be an issue for some of the rules.

Add to that, that except in Endgame she's never been a hero in comics and it just feels like a weird add.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I mean per the rule of "No character with the same name out at the same time."
It already effects Taskmaster if your playing Black Widow during the Hydra Campaign. And it also makes a problem when Gamora is released as Nebula is her rival.

It just seems like having Nebula as a hero deck will be an issue for some of the rules.

Add to that, that except in Endgame she's never been a hero in comics and it just feels like a weird add.

I really dislike this rule (you can only have one version of any named card in play, for those who don't want to click the spoiler). I still haven't used Ant-Man and Wasp together because now both of your decks can't use their unique allies.

Using Black Widow against Taskmaster feels a little like cheating, even though it isn't.

There are so many easy comic book excuses to have more than one Scott Lang running around.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah it does cause some unfortunateness as it does the same thing with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and as I said in the SPOILER causes issues with Taskmaster as well if your doing the Hydra Campaign with Black Widow.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
i like the fluffy rule like no double named characters, always hate games that ignore such things. It's not a problem with the rule, its a problem with FFG deck designers even including some of these characters as allies and such in play when they know its going to be a problem so close to each other, so they should have made some wiser choices

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
i like the fluffy rule like no double named characters, always hate games that ignore such things. It's not a problem with the rule, its a problem with FFG deck designers even including some of these characters as allies and such in play when they know its going to be a problem so close to each other, so they should have made some wiser choices

Seriously, it's annoying with Taskmaster because he's only in Black Widow's deck because of the movie. I'm sure they can't always predict when a character will end up as a proper villain, but characters like Loki? Of course that's going to be a problem eventually, especially since people will choose Thor more often in the inevitable Loki encounter.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
I am hoping for Quasar, Nova and Phyla-Vell, but I will also take Mantis, Cosmo, Jack Flag or Beta Ray Bill (a not-lame Thor deck would be great)

Cosmic Ghost Rider and Major Victory would be awesome but will never happen

Secret best new cosmic character choice would be Darkhawk. Also highly improbable
I do not know how into homebrew content you are, but there is a pretty sweet Darkhawk fan made deck that is pretty cool. If you have tabletop simulator, you should look for the mod.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Seriously, it's annoying with Taskmaster because he's only in Black Widow's deck because of the movie. I'm sure they can't always predict when a character will end up as a proper villain, but characters like Loki? Of course that's going to be a problem eventually, especially since people will choose Thor more often in the inevitable Loki encounter.
I hate that they put Tasky as Black Widow's Nemesis when she does in fact have a rogues gallery.
They could have even tied it to the movie still and used Yelena Belova instead.

Thor I forgive because he was one of the first and they probably weren't 100% sure how long they were going to be making this game.

But if one of the rumored future hero decks is real then it's really going to mess up the Unique Character rule.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I hate that they put Tasky as Black Widow's Nemesis when she does in fact have a rogues gallery.
They could have even tied it to the movie still and used Yelena Belova instead.

Thor I forgive because he was one of the first and they probably weren't 100% sure how long they were going to be making this game.

But if one of the rumored future hero decks is real then it's really going to mess up the Unique Character rule.

They just don't seem to mind the effects. They are doing it again right now, though Villain Nebula came out before Rival Nebula, so poor planning isn't a reasonable excuse.

It's much worse if the spoiler is true, too, since you just can't play as Nebula in the Nebula encounter at all. So does that mean you're not supposed to use one of the cosmic characters in the cosmic campaign?

In any other encounter, you could pair Gamora with Nebula and nerf Shadow of the Past every time. Doesn't make sense.

For this and other reasons I am skeptical of the spoiler, even though they were right with Venom

I do not know how into homebrew content you are, but there is a pretty sweet Darkhawk fan made deck that is pretty cool. If you have tabletop simulator, you should look for the mod.

Thanks for the heads up! I will check this out. I need to find a Punisher deck too so I can make the Round Robin: The Sidekick's Revenge team. I know there is a cool Moon Knight deck out there too.

Probably this is the only way to ever get a Darkhawk deck unless Slayven buys Fantasy Flight Games

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
They just don't seem to mind the effects. They are doing it again right now, though Villain Nebula came out before Rival Nebula, so poor planning isn't a reasonable excuse.

It's much worse if the spoiler is true, too, since you just can't play as Nebula in the Nebula encounter at all. So does that mean you're not supposed to use one of the cosmic characters in the cosmic campaign?

In any other encounter, you could pair Gamora with Nebula and nerf Shadow of the Past every time. Doesn't make sense.

For this and other reasons I am skeptical of the spoiler, even though they were right with Venom

Thanks for the heads up! I will check this out. I need to find a Punisher deck too so I can make the Round Robin: The Sidekick's Revenge team. I know there is a cool Moon Knight deck out there too.

Probably this is the only way to ever get a Darkhawk deck unless Slayven buys Fantasy Flight Games
He will make Sleepwalker first.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Moon Knight
boardgamegeek.com

Custom Content Review: Moon Knight (hero) | Marvel Champions: The Card Game

This is the 23rd in my series of custom content reviews: Moon Knight (hero) by DesignHacker. There is a ton of custom content out there but it is not always easy to tell right away what is great and what is not so good. This series is intended to spotlight

Punisher
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2509565/custom-content-review-punisher-hero

Couldn't find the Darkhawk on though.

I was actually thinking of printing the Namor and White Queen ones soon.

Edit - I do wish there was a way to print more cards like Genius, Energy and Strength to even out the decks. I really like having all the heroes having full decks so they can just pull them out with no changes.

I'd even buy a pack that was just Standard and common Aspect cards.

Last edited:

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Playing a Cap Leadership deck, throwing out ally after ally then playing Avengers Assemble for stupid damage is one of the most thematic things in this game

I love it every time

Probably my favorite Hero/Aspect combo in the game. It's strong as hell, super fun, and very thematic. I mentioned above that I'm playing Cap Protection solo for the Red Skull campaign. It does the trick, but I think Leadership is definitely where Cap shines. Not related to Leadership, but I saw a guy on Reddit post how a single Shield Toss took out all 4 members of the Wrecking Crew. That must've been a pretty great feeling. Or imagine vs Ultron, doing a Shield Toss to get rid of every drone, then going Avengers Assemble with a full board of allies against Ultron. Great stuff!

Just played against Rhino for the first time since I ran the tutorial. Had him tuned to expert and found him...pretty tough vs true solo? I was playing Justice Spider-Man and had Running Interference in Rhino's deck. Tombstone hit the table right as I was transitioning from II to IIII and was still stunned, which prevented me from eliminating Tombstone despite having a web kick in my hand. I had no choice but to switch to alter ego and bam that was it, 7 threat in a single villain turn, scheme complete.

My second game went similarly, it is so easy for him to complete that one main scheme card while you are in alter ego form. Got him on the third try though.

PS - Fuck Tombstone. 9 hp...

For sure. Rhino can be tough in solo if you get bad draws. I still lose to him every now and then even on standard difficulty. I usually play against Klaw when I want to try a new deck because of how swingy Rhino can be. I go to Rhino when I want to test a deck with the specific goal of not changing into alter-ego form. I know some people dislike how swingy the game can be at times, but I personally love it. It keeps me on my guard, and just like in the comics, things can turn bad real quick. If I could win easily every single time I think I would get bored.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Moon Knight
boardgamegeek.com

Custom Content Review: Moon Knight (hero) | Marvel Champions: The Card Game

This is the 23rd in my series of custom content reviews: Moon Knight (hero) by DesignHacker. There is a ton of custom content out there but it is not always easy to tell right away what is great and what is not so good. This series is intended to spotlight

Punisher
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2509565/custom-content-review-punisher-hero

Couldn't find the Darkhawk on though.

I was actually thinking of printing the Namor and White Queen ones soon.

Edit - I do wish there was a way to print more cards like Genius, Energy and Strength to even out the decks. I really like having all the heroes having full decks so they can just pull them out with no changes.

I'd even buy a pack that was just Standard and common Aspect cards.

Here's the Master List that a discord I hang out in a lot has of all the Homebrew stuff. There are a lot of good things to play with with all of these. (Side note, the Flash, and Monster Hunter are a lot of fun)

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Google Drive is a free way to keep your files backed up and easy to reach from any phone, tablet, or computer. Start with 15GB of Google storage – free.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Here's the Master List that a discord I hang out in a lot has of all the Homebrew stuff. There are a lot of good things to play with with all of these. (Side note, the Flash, and Monster Hunter are a lot of fun)

Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Google Drive is a free way to keep your files backed up and easy to reach from any phone, tablet, or computer. Start with 15GB of Google storage – free.
Hmm won't let me access

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
If you want to test your mind strength and go all in on speed, try to play with aggression Scarlet Witch against expert Klaw. Between the low thresold of thread in the main schemes, the small Klaw's encounter deck and the quick that Scarlet Witch burns it... With the amount of acceleration tokens on the table, I won in the last turn possible.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I think there should be a new difficulty level for when you are playing as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

With the right cards, Quicksilver can do 20 damage in one turn. And you have serval industries to make sure you get there once or twice

That pair needs harder villains, please.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Got Galaxy's Most Wanted last night. Sleeved it, looked through all the cards, and promptly decided to wait until the rest of the Guardians are released before trying to tackle the campaign. Looks pretty hard, which is what I'm hearing from Reddit and BGG as well.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Got Galaxy's Most Wanted last night. Sleeved it, looked through all the cards, and promptly decided to wait until the rest of the Guardians are released before trying to tackle the campaign. Looks pretty hard, which is what I'm hearing from Reddit and BGG as well.
It isnt that hard depending on how you've built up your deck. Are you playing solo or MP? If you're playing MP, make sure somebody is doing Justice. Scenario 2 & 3 aren't that bad if you can manage threat.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I just received my copy (thanks again DarthSpider for tipping me off to that store). I really appreciate the options to increase difficulty in this set. Some of the modular sets look very challenging. I love how they handled the Milano too.

But my favorite card by far is the power stone. That looks like it can add a fun and challenging aspect to any fight. I'm excited to get it on the table and to see what the rest of the stones do.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, i kinda wish they would release some sort of booster for Thor and Hulk. Trying to fuck around with them but man they're so meh it's hard to do anything with them that someone else doesn't do better.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Man, i kinda wish they would release some sort of booster for Thor and Hulk. Trying to fuck around with them but man they're so meh it's hard to do anything with them that someone else doesn't do better.
The Drax ability feels like it should have been Hulk's ability. Gain strength with damage or something. I feel like we just need a new Hulk, but I don't think they'd do that.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Drax ability feels like it should have been Hulk's ability. Gain strength with damage or something. I feel like we just need a new Hulk, but I don't think they'd do that.
Yeah i haven't played any of the new wave but just looking at Drax he seems to be good Hulk. Like this Leadership Thor and Aggresion Hulk is ok, but it doesn't feel great

Coiote

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I feel Thor is in a very strong place right with Moment of Triumph, Wasp ally, Searching for Trouble and even Tearm Build Exercise.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Caleb (one of the designers) said in several interviews that they don't consider that Hulk needs a revision, so don't espect new hero cards to "fix" Hulk.

Personally, I feel Thor is in a very strong place right with Moment of Triumph, Wasp ally, Searching for Trouble and even Tearm Build Exercise.
Yeah, some of the new cards of the "second wave" (Ant-Man to Scarlet Witch) give Thor new wings.

Dec 1, 2017
Any opinions on the best fitting/feeling sleeves? I'm currently looking at the Gamegenic Matte, the Gamegenic Marvel themed (orange, purple, blue), or trying to find some Ultimate Guard Supremes. I'm planning to sleeve everything rather than just sleeve for decks being played.

I currently have an entire collection of Arkham Horror LCG sleeved in Mayday Premiums but honestly I'm not crazy about their fit/consistency.

Any opinions on the Gamegenics or suggestions for other sleeves?

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
I've heard that the Sleeve Kings line is good if you're looking for a replacement for FFG sleeves. I also see a lot of people who swear by Dragon Shield Cleat Matte type. I'm not gonna be much help because I use penny sleeves.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Yeah, I use Dragon Shield matte sleeves on everything. I just put all the hero cards in one color and villain cards in another. Makes it easy for me, but I'm not a huge sleeve snob.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Starlord and Gamora this Friday for me at my FLGS. I love their subscription service I don't even need to pay attention to release dates. They just call me.

On an aside. On a trip to Sci-Fi City in Orlando I got my hands on those awesome art sleeves for Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Captain America and Spider-Man.

It's a shame they didn't make any for the other heroes.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Starlord and Gamora this Friday for me at my FLGS. I love their subscription service I don't even need to pay attention to release dates. They just call me.

On an aside. On a trip to Sci-Fi City in Orlando I got my hands on those awesome art sleeves for Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Captain America and Spider-Man.

Wow! Talk about a blast from the past! Is Sci Fi City in Orlando the one that was near the old Wet n Wild water park and the indoor skydiving place? If so, I used to go there all the time like 20+ years ago.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Wow! Talk about a blast from the past! Is Sci Fi City in Orlando the one that was near the old Wet n Wild water park and the indoor skydiving place? If so, I used to go there all the time like 20+ years ago.
It used to be. It moved to Colonial Dr to a smaller location. Still one of the biggest game stories I've ever been in. It is funny though because their RPG section has books from like 20 years ago still.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
It used to be. It moved to Colonial Dr to a smaller location. Still one of the biggest game stories I've ever been in. It is funny though because their RPG section has books from like 20 years ago still.

Yeah, their old space used to be huge. They had a lot of area dedicated to tabletop war gaming, and I remember just looking at the amazing dioramas and battlefields they had set up in there for hours, despite not being into Warhammer or tabletop gaming at the time. I remember they had a life-sized Predator statue too, and I just thought that was the coolest thing in the world as a kid. I used to hunt down Amazing Spider-Man comics there, as well as Magic cards. Good to know they're still around, even if it's in a different location. Isn't there also a Cool Stuff Inc megastore in Orlando too? I haven't lived in Florida for 15 years or so, which means it was actually more like 25-30 years ago that I used to visit Sci Fi City.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah, their old space used to be huge. They had a lot of area dedicated to tabletop war gaming, and I remember just looking at the amazing dioramas and battlefields they had set up in there for hours, despite not being into Warhammer or tabletop gaming at the time. I remember they had a life-sized Predator statue too, and I just thought that was the coolest thing in the world as a kid. I used to hunt down Amazing Spider-Man comics there, as well as Magic cards. Good to know they're still around, even if it's in a different location. Isn't there also a Cool Stuff Inc megastore in Orlando too? I haven't lived in Florida for 15 years or so, which means it was actually more like 25-30 years ago that I used to visit Sci Fi City.
Yeah that's there as well but we didn't get to go to it, we had a lot of other places to hit.

Sci-fi City still has the Predator statue. They don't have the old 20 war table setup anymore, just the 6. But they are all really detailed and multifaceted (some are multi leveled too) it was cool seeing about 6 people playing on them (masks on)

It was a nice piece of Nostalgia for me as I haven't been there in almost 15 years myself. It was nice to talk to the owner for a bit as well.

It made me so Nostalgic I almost checked to see if UCF still had thier live action Vampire game going.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Well, I appreciate the massive uppercut of nostalgia just talking to you about it! When you said the name of the place it all just came rushing back in. That place was a big part of my childhood through college years.

Dec 1, 2017

Pretty sure gamegenic said they're making more art sleeves starting with Ms Marvel due sometime this summer

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Does anyone play this on Tabletop Simulator? I just bought TTS yesterday but I'm not really sure how it works. I found like 700 mods for the game, but I guess I should just get the ones that have stars? Can you combine the mods, or just generally play one at a time? I'm gonna need to watch a bunch of YouTube videos on this I think. And just as a disclaimer, I do own everything that's been released so far.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
FFG has revealed the expansion that will follow Venom Hero Deck, The Mad Titan's Shadow, a new campaign expansion featuring Adam Warlock and Spectrum against Thanos and the Black Order.
mc21en-box-left.png

They confirmed 5 scenarios, but only revealed three of them, Thanos, Ebony Maw, and a dual fight against Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive -Supergiant and Black Dwarf appear in the box, but maybe they are minions or modular sets-. The other two scenarios are an unknown, but the US Asmodee site spoiled

Edit 2:
madtitansshadowspanishfan.jpg

Last edited:

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Adam Warlock will be the first hero that hasn't been featured in a movie or TV show, right?

Those US Asmodee spoilers don't make much sense to me
Technically Agent Venom hasn't been in the MCU or on TV, but people obviously know Venom. Adam Warlock has only been seen in one of the post credit scenes in GOTG 2.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Woman isn't in anything. Ms Marvel and She-Hulk will have shows at some point but not currently.

And it's nitpicky, but I don't believe Nadia (wasp) has been in MCU yet (Edit: oh, I guess that's supposed to be Hope)

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty cool that you can use the Infinity Stones as a modular set with any other villain. Thanos looks like he's gonna be super hard, especially if that "balance the scales" scheme comes into play.

definitely looking forward to playing with both Adam and Spectrum.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
The Thanos box looks awesome! The Infinity Gauntlet deck alone is going to breathe new life into old scenarios. I can't wait to give Norman Osborne the Infinity Gauntlet and have Spider-Man try to take him down.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
The Galaxy's Most Wanted expansion still hasn't released in NZ... no idea what the hold-up is. if I'd known I would have ordered it from the US or something

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
So I was sleeving the Gamora deck and suddenly realized that Nebula is now a Villain in GMW, a Nemesis for Gamora and... an Ally for Gamora?

How the heck can that work at all