• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I need to get back into this (and Arkham Horror), it just after I fully got into boardgames, I now have too much to play and no time to play everything.

Good luck on Arkham Horror. FFG's lack of reprints has resulted in absurd secondary market prices for a lot of the AH TCG packs. Black Stars Rise, normally a $15 mythos pack, goes for $100-150 now. I did email FFG and they said they plan to reprint at some point, but right now even the new AH stuff jumps in price after a few weeks. It's ridiculous.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Currently glad I have no interest in GOTG, got a gap to fill in the earlier ones I'm missing(only got ms marvel, GG, Red skull to Quicksilver)

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
I think I played that same deck recently. Is it a lot of stunning the villain? If it is then good lawdy, very few things are gonna stand up to you

That's the one! Mockingbird, a couple Tackles in there. Cap's Super Soldier Serum makes Tackle a sure thing every time with the physical resource. Crossbones got one attack on me the whole game, but since I was running protection only 1 point of damage actually got through. And that was with TWO of his experimental weapons attached.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Good luck on Arkham Horror. FFG's lack of reprints has resulted in absurd secondary market prices for a lot of the AH TCG packs. Black Stars Rise, normally a $15 mythos pack, goes for $100-150 now. I did email FFG and they said they plan to reprint at some point, but right now even the new AH stuff jumps in price after a few weeks. It's ridiculous.

I don't understand this. Does Asmodee control the printing schedule, or does FFG do it themselves? Arkham LCG has gotta be one of FFG's best selling games, especially now that they don't have to worry about X-Wing or Legion anymore. What are they doing?

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand this. Does Asmodee control the printing schedule, or does FFG do it themselves? Arkham LCG has gotta be one of FFG's best selling games, especially now that they don't have to worry about X-Wing or Legion anymore. What are they doing?

I have no idea. I assume there has been some kind of disruption in printing schedule/ability due to COVID because they haven't even had any reprints on the "upcoming" schedule for a while now. A bunch of AH LCG stuff desperately needs to be reprinted, especially Pallid Mask and Black Stars Rise.

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, i totally forgot about Galaxy's Most Wanted. I just started playing around with Quicksilver too. He's such a fun deck.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
That's the one! Mockingbird, a couple Tackles in there. Cap's Super Soldier Serum makes Tackle a sure thing every time with the physical resource. Crossbones got one attack on me the whole game, but since I was running protection only 1 point of damage actually got through. And that was with TWO of his experimental weapons attached.
Good. Since you're playing the whole campaign solo, I would say it is ok for you to change aspects between games cause you're gonna need to on a certain villain (no spoilers)

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
What storage solution are you guys using? These expansions are hitting so fast I'm running out of space.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Good. Since you're playing the whole campaign solo, I would say it is ok for you to change aspects between games cause you're gonna need to on a certain villain (no spoilers)

Yeah, the rules say you can change aspects but not your hero. I usually play leadership with Cap but this protection deck is pretty great. Won tonight against Absorbing Man. Not as easily as against Crossbones because I pulled a Shadows of the Past encounter card and didn't have Black Widow in play to negate it. Zemo came out right after Absorbing Man got to his 2nd form, so he had his side scheme out as well. Things were about to get out of control, but luckily I had enough damage dealing capabilities to take care of both Zemo and Absorbing Man.

Since this is my first go around I wonder which villain you might be talking about.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yep same, it's kind odd, but I have no interest at all in the GOTG characters and set, so avoiding next few releases.
I should clarify though, I don't care for movie GOTG. Give me Nova, Quasar, Wonderman, Cosmic Ghost Rider, or any number of other characters related to the team and I'd be estatic

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What storage solution are you guys using? These expansions are hitting so fast I'm running out of space.
I just got this

www.etsy.com

Marvel Champions Insert - Etsy

This Board Games item by PRINTserts has 642 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships from Indianapolis, IN. Listed on Jul 13, 2023

And made my own laminated dividers from here

boardgamegeek.com

D3 Full Art Horizontal & Vertical Dividers Collection - ENG, GER, ESP, FR, ITA | Marvel Champions: The Card Game

D3 Full Art Horizontal & Vertical Dividers Collection - ENG, GER, ESP, FR, ITA | Marvel Champions: The Card Game

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Big old cardboard deck box. I'll take a pic later

Is it the same one you posted on page 3 of this thread? If so, I think that's the best option for people who get everything. I'd love to get one of those nice wooden boxes from Etsy, but I think even those will run out of space relatively quickly. Please correct me if I'm wrong there, because I'd really like to get one if it's several years futureproofed. Once Galaxy's Most Wanted comes in, my current cardboard storage box that holds 1600 unsleeved cards will be full. My cards are sleeved but I'd still guess we're at 1,000+ cards right now, not including GMW?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Is it the same one you posted on page 3 of this thread? If so, I think that's the best option for people who get everything. I'd love to get one of those nice wooden boxes from Etsy, but I think even those will run out of space relatively quickly. Please correct me if I'm wrong there, because I'd really like to get one if it's several years futureproofed. Once Galaxy's Most Wanted comes in, my current cardboard storage box that holds 1600 unsleeved cards will be full. My cards are sleeved but I'd still guess we're at 1,000+ cards right now, not including GMW?
I don't have my inserts for Champions yet (they come on Saturday) but I have everything except for Galaxy's Most Wanted (Friday) and I have everything comfortably in the 2 boxes.

tffy107.jpg

z1CN5VR.jpg

vUwBpgW.jpg

ceA0KK2.jpg

Heroes in the main box, villains and deck building in the Red Skull box. Each hero has nearly a full starter deck (really wish FFG would print some aspect cards so everyone could). All of it fits in the two boxes.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yup same one. Will last me a long time. Will post a pic when I sleeve Wasp and integrate all my recent stuff though

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got a similar box after Mando's suggested earlier but I do need a good divider solution

Dusk22

Dec 4, 2017
Denver
Rocket and Groot seem cool. Got past first phase of first villain before I realized I forgot to put the standard set in. looking forward to completing the new campaign this weekend. Really looking forward to Drax and Gamora.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
ykxHevkl.jpg

Here's what I'm using at the moment. Dividers are just index cards that I cut a little. Nothing fancy, but it holds everything up until the Guardians box. I personally prefer vertical storage because it's easier to see the card's names when I'm filing through them.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the rules say you can change aspects but not your hero. I usually play leadership with Cap but this protection deck is pretty great. Won tonight against Absorbing Man. Not as easily as against Crossbones because I pulled a Shadows of the Past encounter card and didn't have Black Widow in play to negate it. Zemo came out right after Absorbing Man got to his 2nd form, so he had his side scheme out as well. Things were about to get out of control, but luckily I had enough damage dealing capabilities to take care of both Zemo and Absorbing Man.

Since this is my first go around I wonder which villain you might be talking about.
Red Skull can be a problem.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Galaxy's Most Wanted is not out in the United States yet, right? Or is this another case of FantasyFlight's shipping and distribution being uneven?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Release date is today. But like you said it's an FFG game so all bets are off.
Oh snap, I had assumed it came out in the UK/Europe first. I checked CoolStuffInc.com and they actually had it in stock for $32! Wife and I just ordered it and pickup is free since we have a Cool Stuff Games location by us. Thanks!

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah I'm picking up my copy today. My local store has a "subscription" service where they pre-order all expansions for any game they carry and hold it for you.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Got Galaxy's Most Wanted today. Just finished sleeving the cards, going to make dividers this weekend.

9DsEca8.jpg

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I'm so ready for cosmic characters. Pretty burnt out on Avengers games, even though most of the latest heroes are really cool.
My only complaint of the campaign is the comic shows Cosmo and my reaction was "COWARDS! MAKE A COSMO DECK!"

On a different note, has anyone here tried out some of the fan made decks you can find on BGG?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I almost printed the Emma Frost one but then I realized the print files had no backs.

Also I wish FFG would release a pack of the most popular generic cards. Like Genius, Energy and Strength.

I hate having decks without those and I try to keep my decks very much "grab a deck and play"

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
this game is HARD lol. I wish there were more of the standard villain cards so I could have more than one villain ready to go. I haven't messed around with deck building yet. I'm playing solo, and that threat can build up QUICK. even taking a single turn as your alter ego is a giant risk, a single 'Advance' card showing up can easily add 5-6 threat in a turn. I've had some VERY short games.

Even beating Rhino with Ms. Marvel's default deck took a few runs until I got the hang of holding back from attacking until I had more of an 'engine' in place.

Feeling a little more confident with a couple wins under my belt, I went up against Klaw with Black Panther (Protection) and got 2-turned, then had another go and was doing pretty well got to phase 2, but my cards started getting bad and I was spending everything I could just to stay alive while the side scheme's acceleration kept piling up the threat twice as fast as I could deal with it.

I feel like maybe the scheme limits should have been more like "2 + (6 per person)" rather than just "6 per person" because of how fast threat can blow up in a single turn!

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
this game is HARD lol. I wish there were more of the standard villain cards so I could have more than one villain ready to go. I haven't messed around with deck building yet. I'm playing solo, and that threat can build up QUICK. even taking a single turn as your alter ego is a giant risk, a single 'Advance' card showing up can easily add 5-6 threat in a turn. I've had some VERY short games.

Even beating Rhino with Ms. Marvel's default deck took a few runs until I got the hang of holding back from attacking until I had more of an 'engine' in place.

Feeling a little more confident with a couple wins under my belt, I went up against Klaw with Black Panther (Protection) and got 2-turned, then had another go and was doing pretty well got to phase 2, but my cards started getting bad and I was spending everything I could just to stay alive while the side scheme's acceleration kept piling up the threat twice as fast as I could deal with it.

I feel like maybe the scheme limits should have been more like "2 + (6 per person)" rather than just "6 per person" because of how fast threat can blow up in a single turn!
Rhino is very swingy, the other ones in the core box don't have this problem in solo plays. After you earn a bit of confidence with the rules, I recomend you to try playing with 2 heroes. The games are less swingy, and you can combo different heroes and aspects together.

Another tip, at first don't rush to damage the villain, prioritize the control the thread, and try to improve your tableau by playing upgrades, supports and allies.

Oct 30, 2017

I'll add to Rhino being swingy in that true solo is swingy, and ms marvel default deck is tough to solo.
I play loads of true solo, but it can be hard with certain aspects and decks, and it's always swingy.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Flash-Venom deck announced! 😲😭😍

www.fantasyflightgames.com

A Venomous Sting

Announcing the Venom Hero Pack for Marvel Champions: The Card Game

I'm so fucking excited. Wish they had announced a new encounter deck but I will definitely take this. The cards in the preview seem great and the nemesis twist is fun. Justice, too. Looks like a great deck.

Last edited:

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I am hoping for Quasar, Nova and Phyla-Vell, but I will also take Mantis, Cosmo, Jack Flag or Beta Ray Bill (a not-lame Thor deck would be great)

Cosmic Ghost Rider and Major Victory would be awesome but will never happen

Secret best new cosmic character choice would be Darkhawk. Also highly improbable

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

A Venomous Sting

I'm so fucking excited. Wish they had announced a new encounter deck but I will definitely take this. The cards in the preview seem great and the nemesis twist is fun. Justice, too. Looks like a great deck.

A Venomous Sting

Sweet a Guardian I want... but uh that's agent venom not space Knight venom?!

tm24

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A Spoiler to that Spoiler

Didnt the leak also have something called Sinister Motives as the next next big box?

Also, just bought this Villain Dashboard and i'm afraid I'm falling down a very dangerous rabbit hole on etsy

www.etsy.com

Marvel Champions™ Compatible Villain Dashboard and Sidecar - Etsy

This Card Games item by RealityFoundry has 645 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships from Saint Paul, MN. Listed on Jun 21, 2023

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Didnt the leak also have something called Sinister Motives as the next next big box?

Also, just bought this Villain Dashboard and i'm afraid I'm falling down a very dangerous rabbit hole on etsy

www.etsy.com

This Card Games item by RealityFoundry has 645 favorites from Etsy shoppers. Ships from Saint Paul, MN. Listed on Jun 21, 2023
Yeah the Etsy hole is real. I'm to the point where I'm tempted to buy custom dials for each scenario and hero.

Coiote

Oct 25, 2017

www.etsy.com

Yeah, it had. But we already have box arts too.

imgur.com

imgur.com

3423 views on Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Last edited:

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Playing a Cap Leadership deck, throwing out ally after ally then playing Avengers Assemble for stupid damage is one of the most thematic things in this game

I love it every time

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Just played against Rhino for the first time since I ran the tutorial. Had him tuned to expert and found him...pretty tough vs true solo? I was playing Justice Spider-Man and had Running Interference in Rhino's deck. Tombstone hit the table right as I was transitioning from II to IIII and was still stunned, which prevented me from eliminating Tombstone despite having a web kick in my hand. I had no choice but to switch to alter ego and bam that was it, 7 threat in a single villain turn, scheme complete.

My second game went similarly, it is so easy for him to complete that one main scheme card while you are in alter ego form. Got him on the third try though.

PS - Fuck Tombstone. 9 hp...