• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Salma Hayek wearing a cowboy had, on horseback, in the American outback.

Chloé Zhao really got her creative freedom, huh?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of scared of F4 movie because I really don't want to see a shit version of Doom on film for the... 4th time? Like I'm sure he will at least be better than past efforts but well developed, intriguing villains has never been the MCU's strong suit (barring a few notable exceptions).

Raigor

May 14, 2020

E0d1WDwVIAUVVb1

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Great title for Black Panther, very curious where they're going with it. And I think that's the first confirmation of a date for GOTG3? Crazy it'll be six years between installments.

Also "The Marvels" instead of Captain Marvel 2 - interesting choice brand-wise. We knew Kamala and Monica would be in there, but kinda funny how that'll be the first "superhero family" in the MCU, like the Bat family or the Spider family.

first family in MCU.
maxresdefault.jpg

also, Black Widow seems to have a family story.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to go back to movie theaters.

Also, has any studio ever released officially camrip footage like this before? lol

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Salma Hayek wearing a cowboy had, on horseback, in the American outback.

Chloé Zhao really got her creative freedom, huh?

Well i think Disney / Marvel learned their lesson. It's not a secret anymore that if you want great movies, you leave people like Gunn, Waititi and now Zhao alone.

Plus Zhao and Waititi can always wave around their little golden guys and yell "We know what we're doing!" ^^

I'm kind of scared of F4 movie because I really don't want to see a shit version of Doom on film for the... 4th time? Like I'm sure he will at least be better than past efforts but well developed, intriguing villains has never been the MCU's strong suit (barring a few notable exceptions).

I'd say the ones they "had" to nail, they did. Thanos, Loki, Killmonger, i'd also include the Spider-Man ones although they're not fully (only) on Marvel. Both Vulture and Mysterio were great.

Guessing Feige knows how essential Doom is to the future of the whole MCU.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Ok, that was fantastic. Was NOT expecting those new title reveals. Also totally forgot Spidey and Eternals were still this year.

I hope someday we learn what this movie would have been had Boseman not died. Like maybe as a special comic series or something.

Yeah. Depending on how much they kept in the final project, they could do a comic/animated adaptation of the original version. Maybe not now but down the line.

I'm expecting F4 to be as genuine and accurate as possible, same with the X-Men. They didn't wait this long to finally get their most iconic characters just to screw then up.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Doom, if done correctly, is where you go from Thanos imo. Introduce a strong, well-meaning villain that can stick around for years and can act as an anti-hero when necessary. I imagine they'll eventually do Galactus as their actual next universe ending threat.

Oct 31, 2017
🎵 Let's all go to the movies 🎶

Those logos clean as fuck... Wakanda Forever is a great title lol

They knew exactly what they were doing with that Fantastic Four tease!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the ones they "had" to nail, they did. Thanos, Loki, Killmonger, i'd also include the Spider-Man ones although they're not fully (only) on Marvel. Both Vulture and Mysterio were great.

Loki is an interesting example because he's great, but he's also largely great due to Tom Hiddleston's charisma. Especially early on (Thor 1/Avengers) he isn't much better than standard MCU villain, he just has a super compelling performance that elevates it.

But yeah, I do expect Feige will probably be have a real close eye on Doom, especially if he's planned to be a Loki-style character who starts off purely as a villain but ends up being in a bunch of movies in a greyer role.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Yep. Doom, if done correctly, is where you go from Thanos imo. Introduce a strong, well-meaning villain that can stick around for years and can act as an anti-hero when necessary. I imagine they'll eventually do Galactus as their actual next universe ending threat.

Is Doom the next Loki or next Thanos?

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
That shot confirms that the leak from a while back is 100% accurate.

I know of no leaks and I don't want to hear them. :P But recognising a director's style in a Marvel reel is something I did not expect (apart from Taika's)

You love to see it. Angelina looking badass as Thena too

Eternals is the only Marvel film coming up I'm truly looking forward too, and it's all because of Zhao. (Well, looking forward to GotG3 and Thor 4 too, because the only Marvel films that don't become mush in my head half an hour after I watched them are those with directors with a clear voice behind them)

Well i think Disney / Marvel learned their lesson. It's not a secret anymore that if you want great movies, you leave people like Gunn, Waititi and now Zhao alone.

Plus Zhao and Waititi can always wave around their little golden guys and yell "We know what we're doing!" ^^

Well, I hope so. I'm still expecting to be disapointed, especially as I kind of have high hopes for Eternals. Ultimately there is always something about these films that ultimately turns them into some sort of fast food that's enjoyable in the moment but never feels fullfilling. I realy hope I can add this one on the 'great'-list with Ragnarok and GotG 1, the only Marvel-films I truly love, and the only ones apart from Avengers 1 (which is a film I can't stop watching when I stumble upon it on tv) I've seen multiple times.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
NGL a tear rolled down my ear when Cap showed up, I will always remember being in the theaters opening night for End game and the same audience reaction. Combined with Stan Lee's VO... oof! Pre covid times

Black Widow - July 9th, 2021
Shang Shi and the Legend of the 10 Rings - Sept 3, 2021
The Eternals - Nov 5, 2021
Spider-Man No Way Home - Dec 17, 2021
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - March 25, 2022
Thor Love and Thunder - May 6, 2022
Black Panther Wakanda Forever - July 8, 2022
The Marvels - Nov 11, 2022
Ant-Man and The Wasp Quantumania - Feb 17, 2023
GOTG Vol 3 - May 5, 2023

leaves a few holes imo, namely Aug-Oct 2022, Dec 2022, and a few spots for 2023 to backfill in Blade and anything else we don't know about. This is in addition to what must be a dozen D+ MCU shows in development.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Was the video suggesting Fantastic Four comes directly after Guardians, or am I misreading?

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing at all for Blade.....no logo.....no release date. Is this film actually going to happen or what?

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
so that's what, 10 movies in the next 2 years + all the stuff coming to D+? damn