• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How Do You Feel About the New Look?

• I like it

Votes: 1,289 33.6%
  • I'm ambivalent

Votes: 628 16.4%
  • I prefer the old look

Votes: 1,353 35.2%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 570 14.8%

• Total voters

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Why does Pete look so different lmao. This Peter looks like what I expect Peter to look like at the start of his life as Spider-man, not a few years in the thick of it like he is in this game

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Sure if you ever hear, "preferred the look of the original" which is rarer. It's usually "wtf they fucked it up thats not what he should look like". Just a tale as old as time.
Yeah its way more reactionary vs just saying well I liked the older look cool but the extra stuff is weird lol. There is nothing wrong with the new look.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Some people thought the original model looked like Andrew Garfield? What the fuck. My first time hearing this. They look nothing alike. And new Peter doesn't look like Tom Holland either.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I love the improvements, the 60fps video is already a fairly big step up in stuff like LODs and detail versud the PS4 version.

New Peter will take a little bit to get used to, it's clear they went from Andrew Garfield from Tom Holland lol I liked the old model though. I really want to see the ending cutscenes with the new model though, if it really improves the motion capture, man the feels....

Speaking of Andrew Garfield FUCK YES TASM 1 SUIT I LOVE IT

SubTXT

Jul 24, 2020
The new character model looks fucking TERRIBLE. Like Sonic the movie terrible. WTF? Supposedly it's to make him look like the actor Yuri Lowenthal for more accurate performance capture, but he looks nothing like that 49-year-old. He looks more like a tween Tom Holland. Even comparing to a younger Yuri.

If I'm not mistaken, this is supposed to be a mid-20s Peter that has been THROUGH SOME SHIT. That character has not one sign of aging or stress. And in the trailer, there's barely any expression because the face looks flat/plastic.

fd6ad3c52c4162f5cf3a9aa0987c4bef.jpg

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
I'll reserve judgement. What I liked about old Peter was how he brought Peter to life with his expressions. How he actually looked like someone would as an overworked, sleepless young adult trying to balance regular life with his responsibilities as SM.

The performance of new Peter in the trailer with Doc Oc was too lifeless. Like your mentor is showing you this amazeballs technology working for the first time and new Peter is barely impressed.

It's a small snippet, so again I'll reserve judgement until more impressions release and I see it for myself.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The new Peter looks good and I like him, but I have to agree he looks too young for this version of Spider-Man. The original model showed a lot more age in Peter's face which is something I liked a lot about that design. It's sort of hard to see the new Peter as someone old enough to be a mentor.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered |OT| More than Just a Facelift
Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered |OT| The Face of the Furious

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
People claiming Peter doesn't look like a 20-something need to go out and see some 20-somethings in the wild again.

I was grabbing lunch in Boston this week and was frightened how young people looked at the bar.

Yep. I'm around a lot of people in their early 20s at my job and he would fit right in with them now.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, which of you guys updated the title

The Tom Holland comparisons are already going to meme heaven, don't have to kick the boy while he's down, like dang

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
The new character model looks fucking TERRIBLE. Like Sonic the movie terrible. WTF? Supposedly it's to make him look like the actor Yuri Lowenthal for more accurate performance capture, but he looks nothing like that 49-year-old. He looks more like a tween Tom Holland. Even comparing to a younger Yuri.

But the Sonic movie Sonic looks awesome. What are you even talking about?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

If I'm not mistaken, this is supposed to be a mid-20s Peter that has been THROUGH SOME SHIT. That character has not one sign of aging or stress. And in the trailer, there's barely any expression because the face looks flat/plastic.

Hey. I think you might need to take a deep breath. It's going to be ok.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

They said it was to better match his facial capture, not his real life looks.

EsferZ

The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
Spain
Fit the character ?
Peter was always a pretty boy or handsome to a degree.
If anything some people have the wrong idea of average when it comes to peter .
And I think the PS4 version is good looking to a degree, I just feel like the new Peter looks straight up like a supermodel.

I know Peter in the comics is usually considered attractive and him looking like a dork is more of a Raimi/Ultimate thing, but still I never got the impression that he's supossed to be this super hot casanova à la Dick Grayson.

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Games are games and they aren't a TV show or movie, so it's cool that an entire face can just be... recast. But man it just feels WEIRD.

Like... when you can completely change the look of your STAR after 2 years, it's a mindfuck. Makes you wonder what's canon in this Marvel Games universe.