• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How Do You Feel About the New Look?

• I like it

Votes: 1,289 33.6%
  • I'm ambivalent

Votes: 628 16.4%
  • I prefer the old look

Votes: 1,353 35.2%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 570 14.8%

• Total voters

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I shall purchase this Remaster for my PS5.

I never played the original but this seems like something not to miss.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fantastic - can't wait to play this again! Now do I replay this and go into MM straight after or the other way around, hmm?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot fathom that so many are saying they prefer the old model to the new one.

EjLaHJuVoAA57V0

yup, the new one is definitely better

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The people saying "he looks too young" confuse me. He's supposed to be 23 and plenty of people in their early 20s still look like teenagers. I'm 28 and my face has barely changed since I was 15.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Did they actually reanimate Peter?

NBn8YVt.gif

2h8PhnD.gif

I dunno if it's just me but OG Peter looks concerned while the other one is oblivious.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
After watching that gamepplay i honestly don't see reason for paid upgrade. Many other free Remasters went further with visual enhancements and models.

Rainer516

Oct 29, 2017
It really speaks volumes about the original release that despite this being impressive, it's not something that makes me want to replay the game. The original on PS4Pro was good enough for me at the time and I'd rather look forward to other releases, sequels, and spin-offs.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they shouldn't have shown gameplay during the daytime. It looked the same as the first game but at 60fps, but I'd like to see some side-by-side gameplay comparisons to get a good feel for how it's improved practically. Definitely saw a lot of shadow flicker.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
I think the new face looks fine. And new shaders/materials also look noticeable improved.

Imagine if the original game launched with the new face, and they recast it to the old face. I think more people would be a lot more upset.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Old one is absolutely better. It set the tone for an older Spidey. This one looks like he's barely 17 and doesn't fit for the Peter who's in his early 20s.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Is no one else bothered by the extremely low resolution shadows and reflections in the 60 fps mode? I kind of get the reflections and they're not as distracting in motion, but those shadows are really distracting. Can't recall if they were that bad on the Pro.

Shadows and reflection were similar in the Pro version.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot fathom that so many are saying they prefer the old model to the new one.

EjLaHJuVoAA57V0
They are probably just used to the other face by now like me. It looks weird changing his face.

Take the Final Fantasy 7 Remake characters as an example, the way they look in gameplay, the models you spend so much time looking at, look different they look in the CG videos which are used at certain points in the game. It gives you a type of shock going from one familiar face to another, weird.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
the 60 fps video has some pretty bad shadow flickering and pop-in, that i did not notice on ps4 pro.
The mode targeting 60 fps could potentially be lower res than the PS4 Pro version based on this video. I'm all in on the 30 fps mode. This game controlled great at 30 fps. It looks really nice in smooth 60 fps with how fast spidey moves, for sure, but I don't think it'll have the same tangible improvement to playability that say, twitch shooters or racing games do at higher frame rates.

And yeah. The cube mapped reflections on buildings were a real black eye on an otherwise attractive game.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018

EjLaHJuVoAA57V0
I mean, for a start the expression was better. You can tell from the left image he is worried and fake smiling. The right one is just happy when he shouldn't.

Also I don't know why people keep posting these images where the PS4 version looks like it only used 32 colors or something.

Did they actually reanimate Peter?

NBn8YVt.gif

2h8PhnD.gif

I dunno if it's just me but OG Peter looks concerned while the other one is oblivious.

Exactly.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Raytraced reflections and AO

"Beyond improved models and materials, one of the biggest things we have brought to the game is ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows. We now have true reflections on the windows of buildings, and it looks stunning with our new skies and weather."​

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wth, I actually really liked the old model. One of the best Peters in my opinion. :(

Also, I'm totally underwhelmed by the video. Judging by this snippet I don't think it's worth the upgrade.

While a 60fps mode is of course great, I don't know why they also didn't show off the 4K/30fps with all graphical bells and whistles mode. :/ That's what they seem to be mainly advertising in their blog post. There are no ray traced reflections in the 60fps video and the shadows flicker worse than in the original game.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Well, new face model gives me more reason to replay the whole thing lol, funnily enough. I was planning to get the Ultimate Edition anyway, so yeah, UE it is.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having not played the original, what is the lore reason for making Peter Parker a 35-year old man?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why change spidy, not a fan at all.

Previous comments cover it, new one looks far too you. Expressions look wrong.