• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How Do You Feel About the New Look?

• I like it

Votes: 1,289 33.6%
  • I'm ambivalent

Votes: 628 16.4%
  • I prefer the old look

Votes: 1,353 35.2%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 570 14.8%

• Total voters

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
here's a side by side if anyone wants a better comparison

BHc6fwv.png

It's such a significant upgrade and improvement IMO.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
Is this going to be like The Last of Us where everyone says the character looks like an actor when anyone with decent vision can see it looks nothing like said actor?
What you talking about? New Peter totally looks like Ellen Page, it's not even a debate.

I don't mind him, he just looks way too young, younger than Miles.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
It's just an opinion, but I don't like the new Peter. It benefits from engine upgrades and being a close match to the mocap/voice actor, but I think it looks more generic and more uncanny. Clearly others disagree.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
What's with the insistence to have Peter be young. We finally got an adult Peter Parker and this is what they do? Come on Insomniac.

any idea if they ruined Mary Jane and de - aged her as well

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
I do prefer the new face, because there was always something about the jaw on the original model that put me off. I didn't care at the time, though, since the vast, vast majority of the time, Peter is suited up.

Overall, it does look like Insomniac put a lot of time into it. Between this, Miles Morales, and Ratchet & Clank coming soon, I just have no idea how they do it all with the struggles of modern game creation. It's like we're back in the PS2 era where they could put together an excellent Ratchet & Clank game annually.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
The change to Pete is really drastic, I don't understand the rational behind it when it hasn't been that long. Maybe they had some issues with the Motion Capture actor or got their hand forced by Marvel. Regardless I really don't like it, even removing my attachment to the original look

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no. I hate this change. Now Peter looks way younger. Miles and him could be classmates now. Looks too young for the character at the point in time in which the story of the game happens. IMO.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I am a fan of the new character/face.

I just feel like it makes him look much younger.

I do wonder if
The whole peter maybe or maybe not being the father of Felicia's kid
will end up being weird because of how young he looks... Then again, I could be making it a bigger deal than it probably plays.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Uggg I just realized that they might just make Peter look like this for the sequel and in the Miles game.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Darker eyes, thinner lips, thinner eyebrows, narrower chin, the bone structure around the eye, more pronounced cheekbones, the way the nose widens slightly as it goes up.

All of those details have been adjusted to be closer to Tom Holland.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
To be honest OG Peter didn't quite work for me. He looked way too old! Pete is in his early 20s, this is a much better fit.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I didn't like the face model quality in the game, but the new Peter looks WAYYYY too young. Looks like a high schooler

UltraInstinct

Nov 19, 2017
I was never a fan of the Tom Holland Spiderman movies and now we have a lookalike of him in the game. Great.

Also I'm not seeing anything too impressive in the video posted? I see I guess some puddles here and there now, but nothing that makes me think this is worth an additional $20 extra. I guess I'll wait for DF to put out a video highlighting any differences.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Here's my main problem with new Peter: He doesn't look tired enough. Get some bags under those eyes.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Wow 60fps Spidey looks so damn good.

Can't say I'm a fan of the face change though. From a looks standpoint, it makes no sense given Parker's age/experience at this point.

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
The 60 fps and general improvements are nice but I wish they at least kept the essence of the original Peter model. Locking it behind the ultimate edition is also a huge turn-off.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Did MJ get a touchup? I'd like to think so because I cannot see this version of MJ being romantically interested in that current look of Peter lol

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
That's a solid effort, the kind I'd expect to be paid for. Ultimate it is.

Edit: can't add the ultimate preorder to cart.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Oh boy, 60FPS Spider-man is gonna be a fun time. Loved exploring that world, now in 60fps? Hell yeah.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't play the original, the remaster is looking great. Guess I'll be getting that and sticking with cod:mw

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Best remaster ever.

I havent said too much on it because I've been waiting to see more. This is definitely worth the asking price and the bundle is a steal now lol.

Getting $70 ultimate edition no doubt. FYI I never bought it back on 2018 so just its better option for me. Those with the og game can play as older Peter lol.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
They should have put this out before the commotion over the upgrade fee. Honestly such bad marketing from Sony.