• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Im still waiting for a patch to rid of the mini map. Was really hoping it would of come by now. But luckily i have been busy with work. Hopefully soon.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
What's the deal with Taskmaster then?

I beat him first time round, then finished off the rest of the challenges, then got obliterated by him second time around. He told me I was t ready and to do his challenges again...

All of them? Three of them? Is it random?

Does anyone happen to know? Thanks in advance.
Just re-do another challenge and he'll pop up again
Also, use Unrelenting Fury on his ass and he is pastmaster

100%ed this amazing, spectacular, superior game and will do so again when they release New Game +

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have some videos of people getting gold on the bomb challenges? I am way low silver score. Dunno what I'm doing wrong.

katagai

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Any Suit Mods recomendations? What are the combinations you guys are using?

For roughly the first half of the game I mostly went with:
  • Focus Regeneration super
    • Increased resistance to physical damage
    • Increased resistance to gunshots
    • Increased damage after perfect dodge
Starting with the introduction of a certain faction and for the rest of the game I went with:
  • Damage Shield
    • Slow time after perfect dodge
    • Heals heal more/additional gadget refills from doing takedowns
    • Increased focus regeneration

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have some videos of people getting gold on the bomb challenges? I am way low silver score. Dunno what I'm doing wrong.

I got Gold on all of them, which ones do you have issues with?

Stealth ones, web strike is your friend, don't bother trying to approach them slowly, memorize enemy patterns and web strike away. Also when 2 are standing near each other trip mine them together.

Drone challenges just point launch a good amount on those orbs and memorize where the drone goes, it gets easier when you know the drones pattern.

Bomb challenges, just make sure when you're near the bomb face it and push point launch on it and once you're about to land L1 and R1 immediately.

Edit: oh shoot just noticed someone posted a video haha

Oct 28, 2017
I guess I'm one third through the game, and I have to say I find the writing so bad. The dialogue is embarrassing, and not helped by the uncanny valley factor of digital mannequins. I know it's a super hero game so baseline is low but still... I just wish you could skip cutscenes more easily.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beat the game the other day

Story picked up a lot in the 2nd half and ended on a great note. Great set pieces and very cool little Easter eggs/teasers. Stealth missions were a little annoying but didn't completely ruin the experience

From a storytelling/character perspective, they completely nailed it. From a gameplay/combat/web slinging perspective, they have a lot to improve on. Combat was laughable and boss fights were not challenging at all. I swear some reviewer said they spent 15min on some "epic" boss fight, was this not in the main story mission bc none of them came even close to "epic".

Web slinging is fun at first but there are many moments in gameplay that you quickly realize how limited it is and how annoying the "training wheels" are that they force you on with the swinging. It could be easily fixed if you just stayed on a single web sling until you physically pressed another button to initiate a new one - they needed to allow much more player control with this and not make it "on the rails"

Overall this feels like Infamous 1 - has some great core features and did well with creating an interesting story but there's a lot of room for improvement with the sequel

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

OH SHIT this blew my mind
so its him
latest

You know what this means??? in the 90s spidey cartoon Spiderman defeated this guy with the help of Blade.
BLADE is gonna be in this Game's universe woot woop

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
From a gameplay/combat/web slinging perspective, they have a lot to improve on. Combat was laughable

Interested in your opinion, why do you think of the combat as being laughable?

I agree that everything else than the highest difficulty is just way too easy. It really is the way to go and personally, I found the combat to be pretty fun that way. Still not that challenging, but a lot of fun if you mix things up with your abilities and moves.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Got the platinum. Must be one of the easiest platinums ever because this is the only game I have ever gotten one for. I was abit iffy about the amount of collectables but almost every second of it was fun. Even my brother, who is known to drop a game as soon as the credits roll, got platinum it can only mean Insomniac made a pretty damn great game. Cant wait for the DLC.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Finished it two days ago. Great game and better than Arkham Knight, but inferior to City. Much better and more fun games than all Arkham games for sure and actually alot different than those than I was expecting.

Those MJ gameplay segments can go to hell tho. It's like Rachel chapter from Ninja Gaiden Sigma except more boring.

More Spidey and less MJ in the next game pls.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished the campaign . Amazing game overall but defintely has some boring side quests . Loved the overall story though .

bitSS

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Portugal
What do you expect/want for the DLC? I'm probably in the minority here because I really want them to deliver some more puzzles, but the focus is obviously going to be on combat sequences, action and story cutscenes.

Elysiums

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
This game man.. I'm playing a few hours everyday and I just can't believe how good it is.

Insomniac thank you!

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Any Suit Mods recomendations? What are the combinations you guys are using?

I liked using a pure focus build. Anything that helps get you focus bars (focus regen, focus on gadget use, and double focus with web attacks) and the special that makes them fill up really quickly.

Also, I just realized I haven't read a single character bio. Didn't even know they were there. Damn, got a lot of reading to do when I get home.

Oct 25, 2017

so its him
latest

You know what this means??? in the 90s spidey cartoon Spiderman defeated this guy with the help of Blade.

IhiPpZH.gif

Oh shit I didn't put that together either.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_Morbius_(Earth-616)
Aliases: Doctor Morgan Michaels (Morbius: The Living Vampire #4)

I don't think there's even a page for him yet under Earth-1048.

Maurice Hamblin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Pretty solid game overall. Story, combat and swinging were all great but they packed way too much boring shit in here for me to really love it. Research stations, chasing pigeons, most of the challenges were just a slog. Crazy that they couldn't crack that code. The side stuff is always so whack in Spiderman games. Or there's just too much of it.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
I'm always wondering with these games, how much more actual content could a studio put in a game if they completely omitted the filler stuff?

I mean some of the side activities on Spiderman are pretty varied, there is definitely the possibility to dress some of it up with some sort of side story.

The difference between filler and content is pretty small imo. I just hate when the game literally tells me ''do this 15 times".

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Soooo I liked the game but I will say when Act 3 hits
it becomes way less fun flying around the city when every three feet I'm being shot at and there are rockets chasing me. Haven't played postgame yet, hoping it's back to being chill.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So o started the game today and started to download the patch 1.06.

Any patch notes? Is the NG+?

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Finally got the hang of swinging and combat down. Playing on Spectacular and I die once in a while when I'm not paying attention but overall it isn't too hard. I keep switching between the Advanced suit and Homecoming one. I like the fresh take of the Advanced suit and the bold design, but the Homecoming / Stark suit just suddenly struck me as the perfect blend of the classic Spider-Man look with just a little bit of modern trim. It looks really nice in the game and it made me appreciate the movie design more.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

so its him
latest

Morgan Michaels was also one of his Alias's, I'm not really familar with morbius so didn't pick this up at all.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Its just me or the swinging feels vastly different ?

Now a lot of things happen without im pressing anything, its like they took out some control. Could be me, but idk

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What are these "things" that are happening without pressing anything?
Everytime i try to stand over something, he is going foward and jumpimg without me pressing the X or the R2.
Also, maybe is me, but when you "aim" with the L2, the "points" to stick seem to appear much closer than before.

Maybe it was always like that and i never noticed, the famous placebo

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Has there been any talk of modifiers for Spiderman?
Insomniac is usually great with adding all sorts of modifiers to be used in game (e.g. in Ratchet).
This would be totally awesome if we could for example have suit powers be always on or something. :D

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure this has been brought up before but why are there five extra skill point in the game? I figure that three of them could be from the preorder bonus but that still leaves two unnecessary skill points. I've never played a game that gives you skill points that you can't spend. Is it for some additional skills that might be added in the DLC? Something to do with new game+? I'm sure we'll find out but I just found that odd.

Also... I didn't realize that pressing the attack button next to citizens let you interact with them until post game. This is a game changer. I'm going to finger gun ever citizen in New York.

ALSO, there is some additional dialogue to be found at FEAST and Otto's lab if you return to those locations after the main story.