• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I didn't like was the black cat stuff being pure DLC bait. Any other dev wouldn't been shit on for that.

Yeah that's pretty annoying that.

Saw this on twitter lmao

Pfft, those puzzles don't require much thoughts.

You can do that?? Oh c'mon. There should be a kind of short questionnaire before you start a game that makes you aware that such options exist.

Who starts the game without at least checking the options menu out?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing left for the plat is clearing the districts and the stream of random crimes never ends... I already did a bunch while playing the main game, but the southern districts still need a lot of work. I was hoping to 100% the game today, but this final stretch is so boring that I'll leave the rest for tomorrow.

I liked them for the most part, but there's a few too many near the end of the game. But yeah the one you're describing is the best one.

If they bring back the stealth stuff next game
and I think they'll need to do something to keep MJ from getting overshadowed by Pete and Miles
I hope all the missions are like *that* one or at least we get the full array of options right away.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Any good guides or tips for challenge?

I'm like getting half the scores needed for the top medal. Not sure what I'm doing badly at?

+1 for advice.

I remember reading somewhere its best to do challenges around endgame time once high leveled and spideys stats can handle the hard ones. Also, I feel like I should be using gadgets more? Its just such a joy to be a badass with your fists.

I cut together a random mash up of a few unoptimized drone, bomb, stealth, and combat gold medal runs from before I had the double finisher perk, or figured out how BROKEN the Spider-Bot super was:

If you don't mind strategy/costume spoilers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqacMMXIcoI

Otherwise -

Drone: You have to know where it's going. Seems to go slower if you're going slower so you want to be thinking ahead of it and abusing the zip/point launch
Bomb: Perfect those lines and zip to the bomb. Orient yourself when throwing the bomb so you can quickly zip in the direction of the next bomb
Stealth: Know the enemy sightlines and the area intimately. You can quickly tell which enemies are safe to KO by doing a test run and reading the HUD.
Combat: Speed, speed, speed. Style doesn't matter, just abuse the air combo and focus finishers, as well as the combat zip to get to enemies faster.

If you watch the video you'll see that none of them are perfect runs but I still had enough time to do what I needed. It's all about knowing where everything is.

rhythm

Nov 11, 2017
Anyone know how to do the air yank? I thought it was launching enemies in the air and yanking them down with triangle but that isnt it.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The MJ stealth sections really blow so far.

I love that i can play as her but the gameplay is so boring. And when she finally can do something on her own she uses Spider_man like an item to clear the way, needs his guidance to get through a tiny puzzle and is talking all the time how they supposed to be partners (while she does nearly nothing on her own and uses peter to do the heavy lifting).

I don't understand why such good game developers can't build some interesting mechanics around her character.

I want Mj to be usefull without needing Spider-Man all the time. Let her stand in the spotlight for these few missions.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
There literally is. After you start the game for the first time, it immediately takes you to the accessibility menu where you can turn this off. Did you not pay attention at all?

Yeah that's pretty annoying that.

Pfft, those puzzles don't require much thoughts.

Who starts the game without at least checking the options menu out?

Ah, nope, must have overlooked that. Nice tone though, my friends.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Are you guys that are 100%-ing the game, does that include the secret photos?

How the hell are you guys finding all of the spots so easily?

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah gonna disagree about it being way too situational. There are multiple ways to do all of them, including the stealth ones. And I think the bomb ones were the easiest of the bunch. The combat ones took me a while.

But if you want to wait for NG+, go for it, no skin off my back.

To each his own. I'm Playing threw the tasks again right now and I'm fighting the urge to throw my controller threw my TV.

I don't know why I'm putting myself threw this tedious bullshit of subpar side quest. I'm not even a platinum hunter. I still have to 100% a few of the districts. I just need 4 more challenge coins. I hate the idea of giving up after I've come this far.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Are you guys that are 100%-ing the game, does that include the secret photos?

How the hell are you guys finding all of the spots so easily?
At level 50 there is a secret photo locator mod. If you are near the photo it appears on your map. When you are swinging around finishing the crimes is the best time to start looking.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I just had an insanely satisfying moment. I'll edit in a sec. So dam satisfying.

5sgsEC7.gif

Low quality because it was capped on share capture, but still looked cool.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hit a guy so hard that half of his body is stuck in the ground....I don't think he's alive anymore. :/

Oct 27, 2017
A few more details I noticed -

- when spidey trots down the slope of a rooftop, his steps get shorter so he prevents his momentum from sending him off the roof.

- at night some of the street vendor carts are covered and have "closed" signs on them

- after handling a crime where a police helicopter is monitoring overhead, the police helicopter will depart the scene while the ground officers move in to begin apprehending the troublemakers

- there are a bunch of different activities people are up to in the parks

Just so many details in this game!

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I think the lack of an in-game reward or conclusion would shift the discussion far more to the 'it's an ad!' camp's favor. I'd feel differently if it wasn't handled the way it actually is. It's not a double standard like the original poster accused.

The mechanics of it or the reasoning behind it?
Not that far in, probably 1/3rd to half in story completion, but I liked the first Miles one. Probably because it was the first(?) and those feels with his father's situation and the funeral scene afterwards.

The MJ one with Tombstone and the biker gang in the chop shop is all around bad. OK, a rat makes a noise at the start, cool.. that sets up her plan. Then you push over 4+ tool boxes in different areas making your way through and NO ONE bats an eye? Not to mention the noises are conveniently keyed to the next baddie you have to get passed and no one else in the area will react to it, no matter the distance. Then the part when she squeals and no one hears that either when the garage is dead quiet because of Tombstone doing his thing, but she's right there in earshot. Ehhhh...

All miles and mj missions are unnecessary imo. It's like playing as Alfred if this was an Arkham game.
I agree with this. They don't add much to the game and certainly could've been done in cutscene form.

- after handling a crime where a police helicopter is monitoring overhead, the police helicopter will depart the scene while the ground officers move in to begin apprehending the troublemakers
I keep wanting to web my way up on the chopper but keep ignoring it to move on to other things. I know you can swing from choppers in general, but I want to see if they'd take me for a ride. :D

Last edited:

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
At level 50 there is a secret photo locator mod. If you are near the photo it appears on your map. When you are swinging around finishing the crimes is the best time to start looking.
There's a slot ability that shows you the secret spots on the radar. Not sure if its tied to a specific suit or not.

Nice.

I was wondering what was going on because I'm like lvl. 47 and have only managed 9 of them so far.

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Done. I'd give it a 7/10. The graphics are awesome, traversal was fun, and I like their take on the characters. I didn't like a lot of the side content, the stealth missions, or the simplified mechanics. I also thought it was relentlessly derivative. Like goddamn have a little faith in your own vision.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
To platinum/100% the game do you need to do the secret photos? Or is that only for 100%?

I know about the upgrade and I'll do that if it's needed. I only have crimes left and then just main missions and I'm at 85% now.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Beat the story. Holy fuck the writing and acting especially at the end is incredible.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Just started my 2nd playthrough today but I was wondering has anyone seen the e3 part when you're
parkouring through the cafe and web zip out the window?
. Is it still in the game?

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
What are secret photos, first I am hearing of this.

Using the camera, there are certain places/things within the game that can be photographed and the game recognizes it as a "Secret".

I first noticed it while doing the Black Cat mission for the first time where I used that in-game camera to take a picture of some other things while I was at the same spot.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Just started my 2nd playthrough today but I was wondering has anyone seen the e3 part when you're
parkouring through the cafe and web zip out the window?
. Is it still in the game?
Pretty sure I read they cut it.

I'm certain it eventually became the part when you're chasing
Mr. Negative through the building in the chopper chase
when he's first shown. It basically looks like a similar scene/setup.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
Pretty sure I read they cut it.

I'm certain it eventually became the part when you're chasing
Mr. Negative through the building in the chopper chase
when he's first shown. It basically looks like a similar scene/setup.

I see, that sucks ;(. Oh well