• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Ok i just cleared some space on my HDD and reconnected the ext USB HDD, game working again. Seems Spidey wanted some drive space to breathe heh.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed them. Nice change of pace.
I don't have an issue with the stealth sections, either. If there is an issue, it's that when you're not swinging around, it's feels a little sluggish. Spider-Man is truly as his best when he's moving quickly. But if you don't have R2 held down, it's not fluid at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Man does anyone else have a hard time remembering to use all your tools in combat? Lol. I keep defaulting to launchers + air combos and perfect dodging as much as I can but I feel like there's so much more to mix it up. Any particularly cool combos I could be doing?

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So you know those crimes where you fight thugs and then rescue people from an exploding car? I did one of those but one of the bonuses was to web enemies to a wall. So I webbed them all up to the car which then exploded lol. #SpiderMenace.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Man does anyone else have a hard time remembering to use all your tools in combat? Lol. I keep defaulting to launchers + air combos and perfect dodging as much as I can but I feel like there's so much more to mix it up. Any particularly cool combos I could be doing?

Sometimes, I think the main problem is the lack of ability to quick-fire your gadgets. You have to manually switch to each one and use them. The game needs to copy Arkham's quick-fire mechanics so you can easily shoot off various gadgets and create cool combos.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes, I think the main problem is the lack of ability to quick-fire your gadgets. You have to manually switch to each one and use them. The game needs to copy Arkham's quick-fire mechanics so you can easily shoot off various gadgets and create cool combos.

Yup, the gadgets were a bit clunky to use.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah this shows up when doing the combat challenges. I would start each by blasting the enemies with a suspension matrix and if I didn't jump high in the air and switch to it, Peter would have to finish an animation of landing before launching them. And this is at odds with the dodge mechanic which takes animation over priority against others.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Anyway of seeing your current playtime?

Can't see anywhere that displays it in game and it doesn't say the time on your saves either.

It's not a big deal, I'm just curious about these types of things.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, most open world games don't have children. Just more for the engine to process.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
I love, love, love this game. I haven't played a more enjoyable game in what seems like forever. I only have one critique or wish...this game desperately could've used a more aggressive audio mix AND I wish Sony had Atmos support. My 7.2.4 system just isn't getting the workout it should while swinging through the city.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I love, love, love this game. I haven't played a more enjoyable game in what seems like forever. I only have one critique or wish...this game desperately could've used a more aggressive audio mix AND I wish Sony had Atmos support. My 7.2.4 system just isn't getting the workout it should while swinging through the city.

True, I wish the everything sounded punchier.

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Finished the story. Now back to Kiwami 2.

Thanks for the ride Insomniac.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Spidey-Art

30748990178_6b7fb2d2b6_o.png
43710557805_a9054b0183_o.png
43710549715_1d4cf28529_o.png
29681265437_ddf1f11781_o.png

Last edited:

GangWarily

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Act 2 and was hoping someone can provide any insight on this:
The progression of Otto into Doc Oc makes no sense for me. I got the part where he puts the neural interface back on because he's pissed about Osborn. But then suddenly he's busting super villains out of the Raft, giving them advanced suits and releasing Devil's Breath in Time Square and deciding that he hates Spider-Man. My guess is that it's the neural interface "altering his mind" but it seems incredibly hand wave-y.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The progression of Otto into Doc Oc makes no sense for me. I got the part where he puts the neural interface back on because he's pissed about Osborn. But then suddenly he's busting super villains out of the Raft, giving them advanced suits and releasing Devil's Breath in Time Square and deciding that he hates Spider-Man. My guess is that it's the neural interface "altering his mind" but it seems incredibly hand wave-y.

Have you been listening to all the audio logs scattered around the lab? They actually get updated each time you visit so you learn more and more about his motivations.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't really explain why it makes sense without spoiling some emotional beats

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
PSA: In case you're having crashing issues and using external HDD after patch.

thanks ive sorted my issue now. appeared to be low internal drive space. I had approx 200GB remaining. I deleted some old games and now game runs fine off the internal. When I installed patch v.105 today the game would crash and power off the PS4 Pro with ext HDD connected. it did it 3 times so err yeah its not just ext installs.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017

The game addresses this a bit later and its pretty well explained in my opinion, so just keep going.

Oct 27, 2017

Did you go back to his lab and listen to the tapes he made and the see the stuff on his walls? Some of that is expanded in Act 3

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
LOL, I was just coming here to pose that very same statement. I just got to that section last night as well.

Shit went 0 to 60 REAL quick and it makes no sense for the time frame being shown.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Otto has been a vindictive petty narcissist from the start. Like once you learn that he has the disease, it was clear to me that all his "help the world and save people" thing was just a facade because he was doing it all to just help himself and to prove he's better than Osborne. He was never the person Peter sees him as

Last edited:

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Otto has been a vindictive petty narcissist from the start. Like once you learn that he has the disease, it was clear to me that all his "help the world and save people"thing was just a facade because he was doing it all to just help himself and to prove he's better than Osborne. He was never the person Peter sees him as

Also

The fact that Otto knew that Peter was Spider-Man and just hid it it's what drives his hate, he says himself that he thinks Peter is stealing his ideas.