• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
How do I get more base tokens? I've beeten all the Enemy bases in town but need four more for my last suit...

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Just unlocked 2 more suits

White spiderman 2099 and the vintage comic suit. i think the comic suit is my favorite.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Must've been a bug. When I looked up at that sequence I saw Spider-Man wrapping fools up and attaching them to the ceiling. I looked up once or twice though.
I don't think it's a bug. He does do what you said and then disappears. Would have been better for him to stay up there in the same position because you'd have to look down to call in the next attack anyway, masking that entirely.

the_id

Oct 25, 2017
Playing this game made me feel like Spider-Man and as someone who's never been to NYC, feels like a free virtual tour.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
Im not too far into the game but this is looking to be "Checklist" the game. It's fun at the moment but I cant see this lasting long.

That feels the norm for me for any open world type game. If there was nothing to do outside of the story people would still complain. It's an impressive game with ho-hum fillers, but I expected that so I'm not disappointed.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Played 2 hours and already 10% of the game is complete lol

Im having a blast, you really fell that you are spider man.

Also the first boss battle is good but i expectet more in terms of set piece

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Apparently Insomniac screwed up and put Cuban flags all over Harlem where Puerto Rican flags should be.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuertoRico/comments/9er01x/insomniac_games_mistakes_cuban_flag_for_puerto

4tym214sbhl11.jpg

w1d9vhypbhl11.jpg

Damn please fix this asap!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing this game made me feel like Spider-Man and as someone who's never been to NYC, feels like a free virtual tour.
Same. LOL.

San any NYC based Spider-Friends. Confirm how accurate it is. It seems it just from watching docs, film etc. But a more condensed version. Is that right ?

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Are the people who can't unlock all the suits also ones that had the three preorder suits because I also upgraded my gadgets...

And I'd just like confirmation.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe how well this game mechanics are made and omg the graphics

There can't be any other better movie to game or comic to game adaptation ever it is the best for sure now

The Batman games are pretty damn good. Arkham Asylum and City had more of an impact when they released since the combat system was fresh and a bit more nuanced than it is in Spiderman.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The combat isn't as deep as I initially thought it was. At first it felt like Devil May Cry lite. Now it doesn't feel DMC lite enough. The game needs more variety in its combos. Even something as simple as adding pauses in between the square mashing to pull off different combos would help. It's also pretty easy to get away with being basic in combat and it feels like launcher -> hold triangle -> impact web instantly defeats any launchable enemy.

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
The sense of scale of NYC is amazing when playing as Miles during the walking segments.

Don't feel the same way when Spider-Man walks on ground level. I wonder if it loads up a different map.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After finishing the game I have to say I wish the gadgets were better integrated into combat. Maybe it was because I first played on normal but it felt like I would forget they were there.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After finishing the game I have to say I wish the gadgets were better integrated into combat. Maybe it was because I first played on normal but it felt like I would forget they were there.

Doing the combat arenas it's necessary to use them along with the finishers. Otherwise you can't gold any of those challenges.

As far as the rest of the game, you don't have to use them, but the combo of that along with being able to maintain swinging and being in the air makes the combat a lot easier.

Jokegeta

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Dude whatever temporal injection method insomniac is using for this game that doesn't require checkerboarding they need to teach other devs how to use it on the pro. This Spider-Man game has some of the CLEANEST IQ i have seen for a ps4 pro game. You could mistake it for native 4K at times. Wow.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I want them to work on in a potential sequel is wall running, it bothers me you cannot run down or sideways, Spidey forces you to go up, Web of Shadows did it perfectly

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
All challenges complete, hopefully NG+ doesn't make me do the drone challenges again or I'll pass on it. Dam last 2 drone challenges got my heart rate going so frustrating.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Dude whatever temporal injection method insomniac is using for this game that doesn't require checkerboarding they need to teach other devs how to use it on the pro. This Spider-Man game has some of the CLEANEST IQ i have seen for a ps4 pro game. You could mistake it for native 4K at times. Wow.

I tried removing film grain and it cleans up even more but you begin to see jaggies.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of wish we could change the world state post game. It's kind of dull post game would like an option to change it back before end game. Hopefully the dlc changes this. Would be nice for some options at the research station.

Oct 26, 2017
Any tips for some of the more annoying challenges ? Just unlocked the side quests along with the spots on my map and heard a few of these can be rough. Do suits and load outs help much?

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017

I'm playing on regular PS4 and I cannot believe the image quality.

And while we're at it: the motion blur. The motion blur is so good that it's effectively making up for the 30 FPS. Things are moving around fast enough in this game that it should look like a flipbook half the time. But the motion blur smooth out the image without turning whole objects into fuzzy blobs or smashing the entire screen into a blur. Tracking moving objects over a stationary background or vice versa is natural looking and easy on my eyes.

If we are doomed to 30fps next gen, I think motion blur that is even better than this could go a long way towards making up for it.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, they really nailed the Swinging, really enjoying the combat on Hard too. You have to zip around everywhere, dodging everything, because everything hits like a truck.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
I appreciate how meaningful the upgrades are. Usually upgrade systems feel tacked on but I find myself spending time considering and planning how I spend my upgrades resources. Last game that made me do that was Steamworld Dig 2

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Just started this after receiving a copy from Gamefly. About in an hour in and everything feels soooo good. And the image quality on the Pro. God damn does this engine produce a clean image. Can't wait to jump back in later tonight.

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
Damn the music in act 2 is wonderful!

I love zipping through the fire escape, hanging pipes, water towers etc. it feels so damn good when you're positioned perfectly to make it natural it's one of my favorite things about the game. I can't get over how much I love this. If I had one complaint it would be that I wanted more side missions with individual stories but that's just a minor gripe because I'd like to play the game more. Even though I think the Black Cat DLC is a bit shameless I'll still be buying it. Also I really hope they do a good New Game+

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
First thing I've done just after the intro has been getting every tower and backpack. That way I can get a feel for the combat and movement before going deeper into the story. It's such a great game, walking down the street and interacting with the bystanders, swinging through buildings at high speed... Insomniac really did it.