• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
This NYC is already one of my favourite cities ever in a videogame and I wouldn't be shocked if it's #1 when I'm done.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Why are there no female henchmen? This was the same thing in the Arkham games, why are superhero games so adverse to doing female henchmen?
It's not just superhero games, it's games in general.

The answer is simple, people are adverse to hitting women and children. Spider-Man doesnt kill so they shouldnt worry about it, but it's not a necessity.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You tell me how would it look if male superhero was beating up female criminals. This is the age we live in...

I guess so. But still.... people might still complain about there being no female henchmen at all. (Although the Arkham Origins Initiation DLC did have female henchmen)

But I guess that's why The Last of Us Part 2 has female henchmen since Ellie is a girl.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
There's a few songs on that mission, do you mean this one?

Second one is All to Myself by Harlin James, can't find it on YT but apparently it's on Spotify
Oh yes, that's the song! Thanks.

That youtube link is not working for me btw. I think it's region locked (I'm in Pakistan). Specifically, I meant the song
before the demons show up and take Delaney, when that Rhino guy harasses you.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
Oh shit, I just did
The MJ stealth mission and I'm so fucking pumped for everything it sets up for the future of the franchise!

Oh yes, that's the song! Thanks.

That youtube link is not working for me btw. I think it's region locked (I'm in Pakistan). Specifically, I meant the song
before the demons show up and take Delaney, when that Rhino guy harasses you.

Oh, that song from the YT is from
the part afterwards when you're crawling on the buildings
The one you mentioned I couldn't found.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Finished the intro level. The game does a really good job of making you feel like a superhero. Also, the cinematic felt like a high quality movie. Still trying to nail down the swinging. :)

Oct 25, 2017
I've gotta be maybe twenty-plus hours in or so, and I feel confident that this is my new GotY #1, knocking Super Mega Baseball 2 off the top spot. This has been a weird year for me personally because I've been disappointed by so many games that I've been either excited about or interested in, and this might be the first game to come out that I was excited for, played, and enjoyed wholly up to my expectations. Even Super Mega Baseball 2 lost something with its changes to modifying the players and their skills, and that's my #2 game.

Ratchet and Clank was my 2016 GotY, so I'm pretty on board with Insomniac's stuff right now.

魑魅魍魎

Oct 25, 2017
Got another suit.

the spider-man MK IV one is the best out of the spider-armor. the colors on this suit pop.

Fought 2 bosses and beat them. this game is pretty sweet.

I actually beat taskmaster and then fought tombstone in another mission.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I just finished the story and I barely have any side content left as I finished up most of it during my playtime. Super close to the platinum.

Holy shit, cried, laughed, and for every single second I've been enjoying myself. Its the first time in forever feeling like the kid marbeling at the superhero.

Insomniac did it, they made not only one of my dream games, they made it to perfection almost. The future it sets up makes me anxious. Also the final scene of the game, IS my dream scene for MCU Spidey 2 or 3. (Not necessarily exactly the same, but the context of it)

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
so...2 questions, 1) Is there a glitch with the crime tokens? giving me only one even though the bonuses are already checked off?

I've seen this thrown around and it's honestly appears to be a massive misunderstanding of the mechanics If you look at the map you will see that things thug crimes have limited amount like 3/5. That's because crimes aren't fully random. there are certain crimes assigned to each area and each one of those has optional objecties. So if you see the same one with already completed objectives, that's cuz it's the same crime that respawned. Meaning that eventually if youy keep at it, you will be able to complete all of them. It's a finite amount of objectives is what I am trying to say.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very good performance but the visuals look jaggy on my 4k tv. I should have gotten the Pro lol

Is your sharpness turned all the way down? Artificial sharpness on TV's can have particularly annoying IQ effects on games with film grain or busy aesthetics (lots of geometry, linearity etc), essentially making things far worse than they are, especially if the internal up-scaling is poor.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are there no female henchmen? This was the same thing in the Arkham games, why are superhero games so adverse to doing female henchmen?

No idea, I have also noticed that there aren't any kids in the game either.

These forced MJ sections are starting to annoy me tbh.

I was watching my little brother play and he's ahead of me and yeah I am starting to see how annoying it will become.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I will say that it is nice that this game actually has civilians walking around which is something the Arkham games were completely adverse to doing.

Oct 30, 2017
Welp, this game just completely lost me when they decided (late game spoiler)

to have you fight robot- I mean Sable soldiers and put Joker henchm- I mean prisoners all over the city.

I was actually clearing the map until then (which is extremely rare for me) but that ain't happening now.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

to have you fight robot- I mean Sable soldiers and put Joker henchm- I mean prisoners all over the city.

I was actually clearing the map until then (which is extremely rare for me) but that ain't happening now.

Game was too easy before then even on Spectacular, so I personally appreciated the extra challenge, enemy types, vehicles, positions, added threat etc introduced at that point. Suddenly you're forced to actually be cautious and strategic again.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Game was too easy before then even on Spectacular, so I personally appreciated the extra challenge, enemy types, vehicles, positions, added threat etc introduced at that point. Suddenly you're forced to actually be cautious and strategic again.

Also I'm sure I saw a tooltip pop up during this time that said:

"Clearing an enemy group will ensure it does not appear again" or something similar. I guess that means if you keep clearing the pockets of prisoners out they won't respawn.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Where do people keep getting what Act they're in? Does the game tell you when a new Act ends/begins? I haven't seen anything.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Man I can't decide on what suit I want to use. Between Classic, Homecoming and the new game suit, they all have elements I like and elements I don't.

Part of me wants one customizable suit where you can mix elements of suits you already have.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Where do people keep getting what Act they're in? Does the game tell you when a new Act ends/begins? I haven't seen anything.
I personally discovered Acts when a trophy popped up with the a Roman numeral 1 in it after a certain cutscene. I opened up the description and it was like completed Act 1 or something like that. Then I was like OMG I did so much already and thats only Act 1. This game is really good at drawing me in to play more.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
So glad I went digital on this. Web swinging around the city is such a joy and once all the traversal mechanics came together for me. It's been said many times in this thread, but damn good job, Insomniac.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

What was going to happen with
Sable
was painfully obvious as soon as they made their first appearance and started being a mainstay on Manhattan's streets.

Nov 7, 2017
I'm enjoying this game, but it could be great if it had any original thoughts whatsoever. Pretty much made with the modern AAA game checklist to the T.

Swinging around and combat is fun though, and the boss fights are great.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Question...

Am I only one who dislikes MJ in this? Plenty has been said about her boring segments and they are boring, but I also dislike her character.

She's so reckless she appears suicidal, and on multiple ocassions, if she didn't have spidey to rush to her at the first call, she'd be dead. I feel like the whole dynamic just wasn't written well. It was supposed to be "MJ is perfectly capable and spidey doesn't put enough trust into her" but instead it just comes off as "MJ always does a super reckless thing and spiderman has to rescue her, after which she berates him for worrying about her doing reckless things he has to rescue her from". It just comes either as if she was stupid and/or suicidal, or just blatantly emotionally manipulative to spiderman to guilt him into enabling her dangerously adventurous behavior.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a limit to random crimes in the city? Not sure if it because of the story but I have not encountered muggins, break ins and whatnot in quite a bit

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Question...

Am I only one who dislikes MJ in this? Plenty has been said about her boring segments and they are boring, but I also dislike her character.

She's so reckless she appears suicidal, and on multiple ocassions, if she didn't have spidey to rush to her at the first call, she'd be dead. I feel like the whole dynamic just wasn't written well. It was supposed to be "MJ is perfectly capable and spidey doesn't put enough trust into her" but instead it just comes off as "MJ always does a super reckless thing and spiderman has to rescue her, after which she berates him for worrying about her doing reckless things he has to rescue her from". It just comes either as if she was stupid and/or suicidal, or just blatantly emotionally manipulative to spiderman to guilt him into enabling her dangerously adventurous behavior.

Nah I don't like her at all. She is basically a copy of Lois Lane and it's a lazy move to make her have a stake in everything happening in the city. I wish they had gone with Spectacular Spiderman MJ. I loved how she was always seemingly out of Peters league and brought a very normal human element to their relationship

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what should I focus on in terms of upgrades?

Also which suit should I save my tokens for?

Seems like there is an overwhelming amount of things to unlock here.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Is there a limit to random crimes in the city? Not sure if it because of the story but I have not encountered muggins, break ins and whatnot in quite a bit

There really shouldn't be, but maybe you are just swinging in the wrong areas? the thing about crimes is that they aren't as RNG as they appear. There's actually like 5 types of crime per faction per district, all with set optional objectives that can be permanently completed. To the point that same kind of crime, just like all other activities, will remember if you only did one and not another and when you run into it again, it will keep one objective checked and other unchecked.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Question...

Nah I don't like her at all. She is basically a copy of Lois Lane and it's a lazy move to make her have a stake in everything happening in the city. I wish they had gone with Spectacular Spiderman MJ. I loved how she was always seemingly out of Peters league and brought a very normal human element to their relationship

I really disliked MJ in this. Found her so annoying and her and Peter's story really made me roll my eyes. Wasn't a fan at all.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Must be. i am seeing the same thing.

Whoever decided to play the spiderman theme when you are just swinging around doing nothing else is a genius. Most games have no music in the background when you are out and about and exploring.

here the music is upbeat, spiderman is having fun, it feels like you are playing a movie.
Does the spiderman theme come back ? Because I'm currently halfway through (~54% completion) and the theme changed when swinging through NYC. I'm worried that I'm now stuck with this shitty theme. The one from the beginning was awesome.